ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent visa fee

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jam_27
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependent visa fee

Post by jam_27 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:13 pm

My wife will be applying to renew her T2 general dependent visa soon (from within UK). I hold an ILR since November 2014, obtained via T2 general work route. In the most recent form for T2 general dependent visa, which payment category should be selected, "over three years" or "up to three years"?

My wife has had a T2 dependent visa for more than 2 years now but it will still just under 3 years, when she applies for renewal. If the question is regarding the main applicants status, "over three years" should be selected.

I need a confirmation on this.
Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Dependent visa fee

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:31 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jam_27
Newly Registered

Post by jam_27 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:55 pm

Thanks for the link to 319D(a)(ii). It states the duration of leave that will be granted. My question is different. I want to know which payment option should be selected (ticked) in page 3 (section A (A1)) of the current Tier 2 visa application form https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:18 pm

"up to three years"
The question is relevant to the applicant not to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jam_27
Newly Registered

Post by jam_27 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:34 pm

Thanks. I am now trying to book an appointment online for same day processing of my wife's T2 dependent visa. The procedure requires answer to the following question "which category has the main applicant applied for". The relevant options seem to be "T2 (general) over 3 years" or "any other part of T2".

As I (the main applicant) is on ILR, I am not sure which option to go for. Kindly advise.