ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Muhammadomer2914
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Muhammadomer2914 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:27 pm

Hi everyone ,
This is my first post to this forum , I would appreciate if somebody can guide me about my case.
My 10 years were completed in May , my visa timeline is
Student + student extension + psw + tier 1 entrepreneur till March 2017.

I have a clean history , no refusals no overstays and trips to pakistan also well within limits . Only problem is I lost my original passport 2005-2008 period it covers , I lost it in 2010 when it was expired . I made one trip on that passport so can't show entry exit stamps. Tried SAR but didn't got any landing cards . I have gathered this evidence can u guys tell me if it's enough ? I am thinking of applying this month
I got
Bank statements from 2005-2008
Dr letter stating that I registered from 2005-2015
College diplomas ( colleges closed ) ( thinking shd I use them or not)
Driving licence - 2005
Counterpart showing points - 2006
And points on 2007
Credit cards statement 2008
I got the same address from 2005 til now as its my sisters address . I can get a letter from her to confirm it
Also I can get letters from family nd friends stating that I was here since 2005
Should I get these letters ? And what else I required ? Plz advise ?

Tripple2
Newly Registered

Post by Tripple2 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:54 pm

Hi zee Ali or any members if I book my peo 30 days before and filled up the old form and my peo on 12 which more then 28 days do I need to still use the new form version 8 just wondering pls let me know thanks

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:17 pm

The date of PEO is date of application

If the date on which you are at PEO they have published new form then you have to use new form
Tripple2 wrote:Hi zee Ali or any members if I book my peo 30 days before and filled up the old form and my peo on 12 which more then 28 days do I need to still use the new form version 8 just wondering pls let me know thanks

gorangoran

Post by gorangoran » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:10 pm

Hi
1-Please if i am going to the premium service for ILR long residence
do i need to fill the payment part in the set lr application form?
As i know i supose to pay 1900 pounds online through my account
in the homeoffice site.
Please give me more clarification on that if i am wrong.
2-in the application form there is a question saying
which contry i like to live in or something like that and is giving me
three answers. Plase which one ishould choose

Many thanks

gorangoran

Post by gorangoran » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi
please can someone just send the link for the latest Set LR
application form long residence.
This makes easy for who needs it.
Many thanks

LR2015

Post by LR2015 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:33 pm

gorangoran wrote:Hi
please can someone just send the link for the latest Set LR
application form long residence.
This makes easy for who needs it.
Many thanks
This is the latest Set LR form to be used from August 2015

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _08-15.pdf

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:57 pm

Zee ali wrote:
Dec17 wrote:Hi,every one I posted my wife SET(LR) application on 31/07/2015 it's reach to home office today even though I send it through Saturday guaranteed delivery , so it's going to effect her application send date because I can see they update the SET(LR) form and it's says who make application on or after 3/8/15 . I am wondering they going to send the application back or I am worrying too much , I am waiting for your kind re play . Plz some one add her details on google sheet as dec17 wife . Application post;31/07/15, recived by HO;03/08/15. Thx
Dont worry

Date of posting counts. which is 31/07/2015.
Thx zee Ali for ur kind replay money drop today hope everything ok .

saima79
Newly Registered

Post by saima79 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:33 am

Hi can any body let me know what do i need to put in C6 sections of the app, which says, "Do u have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or which you used when you last traveled to the UK?"

Does it mean did i ever enter before UK with any permission or Visa or does it mean when i went last time my holiday and i used my passport they want detail of that passport?

Please it would be great if i can get answer back quickly as i m waiting only reply before i book date.

My other questions are
1.in 2009 i had accident and police offer me to do 4 days course and completed that one is that a criminal offence
2.In same accident passenger sitting with me did a claim against me but i never replied of any correspondence and it looks court decided against me and my insurance company paid amount of claim to the passengers, is this a criminal offense
3.How likely my tax history will be check on which i claimed my points for Tier1 general although i m applying now Long residency 10 years route?

rajj121
Newly Registered

Post by rajj121 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:55 pm

Dear Zee ali and other Members,
Need your prayers going to PEO tomorrow InshaaAllah. will share my experience soon as i will get home. Just one question i have, in my cover letter i have asked to grant me ILR under the immigration rules 276B. is it fine 276B? Any last minute advise ? Thank you

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:31 pm

rajj121 wrote:Dear Zee ali and other Members,
Need your prayers going to PEO tomorrow InshaaAllah. will share my experience soon as i will get home. Just one question i have, in my cover letter i have asked to grant me ILR under the immigration rules 276B. is it fine 276B? Any last minute advise ? Thank you
Best of luck. Dont forget to make copies of all documents which u r going to attach with the application. Which peo?

Just spoke to a friend he got approval today. Peo was liverpool.

application form.
2 photos
LIUK
Uk degree with transcript
1 bank statement
no covering letter

thats what he told me.

This page tells you how to grant or refuse applications for indefinite leave on the basis of long residence.
Granting indefinite leave
You must grant the applicant indefinite leave on the basis of long residence if:
 the applicant meets all of the requirements of paragraph 276B of the Immigration Rules, and
 none of the general grounds for refusal apply.

276B. The requirements to be met by an applicant for indefinite leave to remain on the ground of long residence in the United Kingdom are that:
(i) (a) he has had at least 10 years continuous lawful residence in the United Kingdom.
(ii) having regard to the public interest there are no reasons why it would be undesirable for him to be given indefinite leave to remain on the ground of long residence, taking into account his:
(a) age; and
(b) strength of connections in the United Kingdom; and
(c) personal history, including character, conduct, associations and employment record; and
(d) domestic circumstances; and
(e) compassionate circumstances; and
(f) any representations received on the person's behalf; and
(iii) the applicant does not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.
(iv) the applicant has demonstrated sufficient knowledge of the English language and sufficient knowledge about life in the United Kingdom, in accordance with Appendix KoLL.
(v) the applicant must not be in the UK in breach of immigration laws except that any period of overstaying for a period of 28 days or less will be disregarded, as will any period of overstaying between periods of entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain of up to 28 days and any period of overstaying pending the determination of an application made within that 28 day period.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

saima79
Newly Registered

Post by saima79 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:09 pm

saima79 wrote:Hi can any body let me know what do i need to put in C6 sections of the app, which says, "Do u have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or which you used when you last traveled to the UK?"

Does it mean did i ever enter before UK with any permission or Visa or does it mean when i went last time my holiday and i used my passport they want detail of that passport?

Please it would be great if i can get answer back quickly as i m waiting only reply before i book date.

My other questions are
1.in 2009 i had accident and police offer me to do 4 days course and completed that one is that a criminal offence
2.In same accident passenger sitting with me did a claim against me but i never replied of any correspondence and it looks court decided against me and my insurance company paid amount of claim to the passengers, is this a criminal offense
3.How likely my tax history will be check on which i claimed my points for Tier1 general although i m applying now Long residency 10 years route?
Is there any body who can reply me please?

LR2015

Post by LR2015 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:25 pm

Hi Saima79,
saima79 wrote:
saima79 wrote:Hi can any body let me know what do i need to put in C6 sections of the app, which says, "Do u have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or which you used when you last traveled to the UK?"

All the passports with UK entry/ visa stamps

My other questions are
Its better to request your SAR from home office. SAR can be requested from home office by sending them SAR request form and £10 cheque.

They can check or call you for an interview if they have any doubt. Some of the applicants on this forum are still waiting for results. One of my friends went at PEO Croydon last week but HO didn't ask him any question about previous earnings or taxes paid.

saima79
Newly Registered

Post by saima79 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:01 pm

LR2015 wrote:Hi Saima79,
saima79 wrote:

All the passports with UK entry/ visa stamps

My other questions are
Its better to request your SAR from home office. SAR can be requested from home office by sending them SAR request form and £10 cheque.

They can check or call you for an interview if they have any doubt. Some of the applicants on this forum are still waiting for results. One of my friends went at PEO Croydon last week but HO didn't ask him any question about previous earnings or taxes paid.

Thanks a lot for the reply, when you said
All the passports with UK entry/ visa stamps - There is only one space in the form to fill up for passport number i have three passport since i came in UK , but what actually does it mean , does it mean when i went on holiday, passport i used shall i mention that one,
When you said SAR from Home office my question was related to the criminal offense ?

UKres

Post by UKres » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi raj ,

Hows your Ilr goes ?

rajj121 wrote:Dear Zee ali and other Members,

saima79
Newly Registered

Post by saima79 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:37 pm

My other questions are
1.in 2009 i had accident and police offer me to do 4 days driving improvement course and completed that one is that a criminal offence?
2.In same accident passenger sitting with me did a claim against me but i never replied of any correspondence and it looks court decided against me and my insurance company paid amount of claim to the passengers, is this a criminal offense?
May i have clarity on my questions please, i m already due to apply VIsa but confuse not getting properly clarity to apply.
Hope will get answer by someone senior members

rajj121
Newly Registered

Post by rajj121 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:55 pm

[quote="UKres"]Hi raj ,

Hows your Ilr goes ?

Alhamdolillah by the grace of Almighty Allah my Ilr has been approved at Glasgow PEO. Appointment wa at 11 but i got there at 10, been through security check after security check all belonging given back to me including mobile phone, documents submitted after 10 minutes, biometrics 10 30, finger prints 10 40 and decision 11 40.. No questions at all... she gave me all documents passports back and said ilr has been granted, the letter she gave me is all about biometric card that i will receive by post, she did nt mention in the letter that ilr has been granted... is it normal letter zee ali? she briefed me little abt ilr and said i can get naturalization after a year... staff was v nice .... Now needs to apply my kids MN1 and my wife's i think flr fp because i dont have earnings... she got Entrpreneur dependent visa till 2017 but there is a restriction of Doctor training... she has passed plabs and she is gmc registered doctor so not sure if she can work as a doctor on this visa.... if anyone got any info abt this plz do share.... i submitted cover letter, set lr new version, degree, liuk certificate, all passports previous new, brp, previous ho correspondence i e previous approval letters, disclosure scotland no conviction... no gap.. Thanks to zee ali and others ... this forum is really helpful..

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:20 pm

rajj121 wrote:
UKres wrote:Hi raj ,

Hows your Ilr goes ?

Alhamdolillah by the grace of Almighty Allah my Ilr has been approved at Glasgow PEO. Appointment wa at 11 but i got there at 10, been through security check after security check all belonging given back to me including mobile phone, documents submitted after 10 minutes, biometrics 10 30, finger prints 10 40 and decision 11 40.. No questions at all... she gave me all documents passports back and said ilr has been granted, the letter she gave me is all about biometric card that i will receive by post, she did nt mention in the letter that ilr has been granted... is it normal letter zee ali? she briefed me little abt ilr and said i can get naturalization after a year... staff was v nice .... Now needs to apply my kids MN1 and my wife's i think flr fp because i dont have earnings... she got Entrpreneur dependent visa till 2017 but there is a restriction of Doctor training... she has passed plabs and she is gmc registered doctor so not sure if she can work as a doctor on this visa.... if anyone got any info abt this plz do share.... i submitted cover letter, set lr new version, degree, liuk certificate, all passports previous new, brp, previous ho correspondence i e previous approval letters, disclosure scotland no conviction... no gap.. Thanks to zee ali and others ... this forum is really helpful..
Congrats Rajj121. Really happy for u

Yes that is your approval letter. they dont mention specifically that ILR is granted but return of documents and brp will be with u in 10 working days. They also give u a leaflet some questions and answers about your rights after getting ILR did u get that as well? if not nothing to worry about .

Next week u will get your SETTLEMENT brp card :D :D :D :D :D :D
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Ditima98

Post by Ditima98 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:17 am

##Rajj121
Great news, happy for you! Congrats!
ditima

saima79
Newly Registered

Post by saima79 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:44 pm

Zee ali wrote:
rajj121 wrote:
UKres wrote:Hi raj ,

Hows your Ilr goes ?

Congrats Rajj121. Really happy for u

Yes that is your approval letter. they dont mention specifically that ILR is granted but return of documents and brp will be with u in 10 working days. They also give u a leaflet some questions and answers about your rights after getting ILR did u get that as well? if not nothing to worry about .

Next week u will get your SETTLEMENT brp card :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hi Raj -

Good News MashaAllah, can you share a little bit back ground as well, what Visas you been, and if you have been on Tier1 general as well did you pay all taxes what you represent at the time of Tier1 Gernal intial and extensions applications. Also what document did you attach with your ilr application.

JazakAllah

HoneyB123
Newly Registered

Post by HoneyB123 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:21 am

Hi all

Yesterday I received news from my solicitor to say my application has been rejection because of an open tribunal case from a previous visa application.

This however is not true. My solicitor had cancelled my appeal when submitting my ILR application and we have proof in the form of emails and fax confirmations. We have also had confirmation from the tribunal office that notice of my withdrawal was sent to the home office on 03/06, my current application was decided on 05/08.

All this being said, I have now booked a POE appointment as I have been given 28 days to reapply. I have previously had the right to work, does this continue during the 28 days or do I have to resign?

You comments are much appreciated.

Many thanks

yoronak
Newly Registered

Post by yoronak » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:53 pm

hi all

I have a confusion between dates for 10 years ILR.
i am not sure how does it work, should i count my 10 years from, when i got my first stamping from India which is 06/09/2005 or when i first came in this country which is 01/10/2005.
and if i am not wrong, i can apply before 28 days of finishing 10 years stay, right ??
can any one guide me when can i qualify to apply for 10 years ILR.

Thank you all.

d3thmark

Post by d3thmark » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:39 pm

yoronak wrote:hi all

I have a confusion between dates for 10 years ILR.
i am not sure how does it work, should i count my 10 years from, when i got my first stamping from India which is 06/09/2005 or when i first came in this country which is 01/10/2005.
and if i am not wrong, i can apply before 28 days of finishing 10 years stay, right ??
can any one guide me when can i qualify to apply for 10 years ILR.

Thank you all.

your 10 year starts frm the date u arrived in this country which is 01/10/2005.
and yes u can apply 28 days before 01/10/2015.
which will be 3 September 2015.

use this to calculate... http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd ... re=on&rec=

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:53 pm

To apply set lr

You need to first withdraw appeal and then next day post the application

Solicitor did wrong

He kept appeal and applied set lr and the. Withdrew
HoneyB123 wrote:Hi all

Yesterday I received news from my solicitor to say my application has been rejection because of an open tribunal case from a previous visa application.

This however is not true. My solicitor had cancelled my appeal when submitting my ILR application and we have proof in the form of emails and fax confirmations. We have also had confirmation from the tribunal office that notice of my withdrawal was sent to the home office on 03/06, my current application was decided on 05/08.

All this being said, I have now booked a POE appointment as I have been given 28 days to reapply. I have previously had the right to work, does this continue during the 28 days or do I have to resign?

You comments are much appreciated.

Many thanks

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:40 am

Hello,

Getting prepared for the application of set (lr) and Few questions have arised.

1. Section B4 is asking if known by any other names... I got married in 2008 but i changed my surname in passport in 2009 so which year shall i consider as namne chNged?

2. I am planning to go to PEO do i have to fill the application form online or can fill up by myself? (Not sure even if there is ant option to fill up app form online)

3. B12 is asking home office reference number , whicg reference number are they asking?

I have been working since 2005 and now have left work since 2014, i am going to apply on 10 years basis and currently on tier1 entrepreneour visa, got approval on april 2015. And i am planning to attach these documents

Please let me know if anything else do i need.?

1. LIUK test pass certificate
2. Marriage certificate (proof of name changed)
3. Degree certificate and transcript for english language requirement
4. 2 passports
5. 1 BRP card
6. Cover letter mentioning all my extensions and absence
7. 2 photographs

Does anybody think that i should attach anything else?

YOUR opinions are valuable so please do reply
TIA.

MIL3STON3
Newly Registered

Post by MIL3STON3 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:51 am

I have booked my same day appointment for ILR ( long residence) next week, i was wondering if i can bring my Mrs with me on the day of appointment ????