ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong HSMP address - v. imp

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tushar_gv
Newly Registered

Wrong HSMP address - v. imp

Post by tushar_gv » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:58 pm

Hi,

I got following address from HSMP site and I posted my application to this address. Now post office is saying that this address does not belongs to HSMP but of Diners Club. I am lost, I have all my originals inside it and I dont know what to do.. pl. help..

Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)
PO BOX 551
Home Office
Doncaster
South Yorkshire
DN1 1XU

- Tushar

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:09 pm

Alternatively, you could try contacting the actual receiver.
Last edited by hk_007 on Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tushar_gv
Newly Registered

Post by tushar_gv » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:15 pm

Thanks for that quick reply. I am in London and I sent the application to Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)
PO BOX 551
Home Office
Doncaster
South Yorkshire
DN1 1XU

I sent it by Royal mail special 9 am delivery. Application reached HSMP office very next day but when I requested for a sign proof to Royal mail they mentioned that this address belongs to Diners club. I than checked in the HSMP Manual and found that address is different. I got the address from following location.

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... grant.html (Q4)

Now problem is I don't have any number of this Diners club but I guess I will need to find it out any way!!

Hey but many thanks for the quick reply..

- Tushar

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:20 pm

Where did you get the address from.

The correct address is listed in the guidelines notes for HSMP which you can download from their website www.workingintheuk.gov.uk

The address listed is
Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)
Home Office IND
Heavens Walk
Doncaster Carr
Doncaster
DN4 5HZ

Refer to page 36 of the guidelines document for further details;

tushar_gv
Newly Registered

Post by tushar_gv » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:26 pm

HI,

As I mentioned in my last reply, it is published at http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... grant.html (Q4)

I thought that since it's on web, it will be more updated than in booklet :-(

baskey

Post by baskey » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:14 pm

It is real example, How home office is working. They not even update their website with latest address.!! :oops:

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:18 pm

My reply and edited message somehow got mixed up..sorry.

tushar_gv
Newly Registered

Post by tushar_gv » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:42 pm

Hey that's ok!! but could you pl. tell me what is this paying team?

I am worried about my original docs. Worst thing is I have even sent my wife's docs to same address !! I know no one could be more stupid than me, but now i guess we are in a misrable state !!

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:18 pm

The address you mentioned is (or was) used to pay for WP. See http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... _cost.html?

The WP application form contains two additional lines in the address - 'Heavens Walk, Doncaster Carr'. Does this change the entire address..maybe somebody can comment.

I would try contacting the in-country HSMP team and see what they say about that address. It is better to confirm from HO itself that they access post from the PO Box in the address. I hope that RM have not made a wrong delivery – won’t put it past them.

The only other scenario that I can think of is that the HO have given up that particular PO box and now it is rented by Diners club.

tushar_gv
Newly Registered

Post by tushar_gv » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:29 pm

Thanks a tones!!

I called-up RM and they said they will try to contact someone who has handled this mail. They said if "Home Office" is mentioned on mail, than it should be reaching them but they will request for delivery confirmation and see who has received it!!

Ohh god help me!! I was seriously thinking of not to put so many originals into applications!! :(