ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family members willing to Visit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Family members willing to Visit

Post by Jack&Jill » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:08 pm

Dear Xxx,

I'm in Tier 2 and my wife is my dependent. My wife's Mom willing to visit UK. Can anyone tell me the procedure to apply visit visa and what are the necessary documents to file with application and fund maintenance need to show(can I show here in UK, if how much? or else in India how much)? Please guide me with end to end process.

Much appreciate if anyone help me in this.

Thanks & Regards
Jack

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Family members willing to Visit

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:15 pm

Have a read through Standard Visitor Visa (Click) and if you still have queries, ask.

Mother will have to prove strong ties to her country with supporting evidence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jashds

Re: Family members willing to Visit

Post by jashds » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:28 am

Hello,

Since you are on Tier 2, you will need to apply for general visitor visa for your mom in law.

The documents required from her side would be,
1.Passport
2.Passport size photos as per guidelines. I recommend she gets them in the VFS office on the visa interview day as most of the time they reject the ones that we take and will again make you click in VFS.
3.Bank statements/FD receipts/Other Savings receipts/Pension payment copies
4.Property documents if any
5.Income tax return documents if applicable
6.Cover letter by applicant stating reason for travel and intended days of stay.
7.Letter from Employer if employed
8.Any other document which will show that she would return to the home country after her visit.
9.Filled and signed application form
10.Visa interview appointment letter (which you can print after submitting application)

The documents from you, if you are sponsoring her trip,
1.Passport (first and last page) and visa copies of you and your wife
2.Last 6 months bank statements (This can be shown in UK or in India whichever is higher)
3.Last 6 months salary slips
4.Marriage certificate copy
5.Tenancy agreement
6.Invitation letter where you mention the reason for travel, no of days of stay and also that you would taking care of stay and other expenses