ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby Expected in pakistan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

muhammadirfan999
Newly Registered

Baby Expected in pakistan

Post by muhammadirfan999 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:02 am

Dear sir
I got British passport just now my daughter was born in January 2014 my wife is also in Pakistan my question is
Once my child and wife come to UK on dependent visa can I register my baby child as British if not could you plz guide me the root she can get British passport ? And time frame plz

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Baby Expected in pakistan

Post by FaeLLe » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:10 am

muhammadirfan999 wrote:Dear sir
I got British passport just now my daughter was born in January 2014 my wife is also in Pakistan my question is
Once my child and wife come to UK on dependent visa can I register my baby child as British if not could you plz guide me the root she can get British passport ? And time frame plz

If your daughter was born in pakistab then she cannot get British passport or ILR, you should have given birth to get in the UK.

If not born in UK they will need to come under dependent visa and follow the dependants route to ILR and then citiZenship after 5 years of residency.

secret.simon

Re: Baby Expected in pakistan

Post by secret.simon » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:22 pm

Had the child been born in the UK, you could have registered her right away.

As your daughter was born abroad before you got British citizenship, her status would be in line with your wife's.

So, she would be on the same dependant visa as your wife and when your wife becomes eligible for ILR, so will your daughter. Your daughter can be registered under Section 3(1) when your wife becomes a citizen.