ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is New born of a EEA member eligible for British citizenshi?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tapash

Is New born of a EEA member eligible for British citizenshi?

Post by tapash » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:37 pm

My wife, an Eea member has been exercising treaty rights for last 5 years. 5 year period is completed this month. In the meantime we had a baby last year born in UK.

My wife and I will be applying for PR via EEA route this month. But what happens to the child's status? We do not have any documents for her other than birth certificate at this moment. What would she be eligible for? Do we need to apply PR for her along with ours? Or we can get British passport for her directly?

boloney

Re: Is New born of a EEA member eligible for British citizen

Post by boloney » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:42 pm

If born in the UK you can register child as British after you get PR. Child can't get PR as did't live for 5 years in the UK.

liquidweb

Re: Is New born of a EEA member eligible for British citizen

Post by liquidweb » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:01 pm

tapash wrote:My wife, an Eea member has been exercising treaty rights for last 5 years. 5 year period is completed this month. In the meantime we had a baby last year born in UK.

My wife and I will be applying for PR via EEA route this month. But what happens to the child's status? We do not have any documents for her other than birth certificate at this moment. What would she be eligible for? Do we need to apply PR for her along with ours? Or we can get British passport for her directly?
Once you guys have your PR, you can apply for BC for your child. This is applied using MN1 form and basically she will attain BC by registration. After bring on the PR for 1 year, you guys can apply for BC yourself if you want.