ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child first passport, send parent foreign passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rk_2011

Child first passport, send parent foreign passport?

Post by rk_2011 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:36 am

Dear all,

I have been looking for an answer to this, but couldn't find it in the FAQs or past topics:

Applying for child's first British passport. Child born after both parent's ILR. To provide documentation for the application, should I send both our foreign passports, along with ILR biometric card and marriage certificate? Is this necessary?

I have been to see the Post Office check and send service, and even they couldn't tell me for sure.

BW,
RK

vinny

Re: Child first passport, send parent foreign passport?

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:18 am

Documents you must send wrote:The documents you must send depend on your child’s circumstances. If you’re applying online, the documents you need to send will be listed on the form you print out at the end of your application. If you’re applying by post, check the guidance notes.
Table A.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rk_2011

Re: Child first passport, send parent foreign passport?

Post by rk_2011 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:49 pm

Thanks Vinny for pointing to Table A.

We sent our foreign passports with ILR biometric cards through the Post Office's check and send service. The marriage certificate was not necessary as he was born this year in 2015.