ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Blaxe
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Blaxe » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:30 pm

March_LR14 wrote:
March_LR14 wrote:Hi,

anyone here who has switched from 10 year partner route to 5 year FLR M route with being previously overstayer?

Please if anyone has successfully done that can share this here as i am going to apply my wife's FLR M on tuesday 07th july at croydon premium centre. She has visa under 10 year partner route and she was an overstayer.

Thanks in advance.
My wife application for switch from 10 year partner to 5 year partner route has been successful today.
Congrats . Pls can you explain how you do it and what's the requirement? Am on 10yrs route too previously overstayer but no visa/passport. I want to change but don't know if I am eligible to.

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi Guys

I need you guys to shed some light when I apply for my wife's visa extension discretionary leave I know I have to pay an NHS bill which I know is £200 per year so it will be around £400 for her 30 months visa Her visa will run out on July 2017.

I wanted to know what documents do I have to submit this time round

Last time I submitted when I applied for FLR FP

1. Pay slips
2. Tenancy agreements
3. Doctor letters
4. Daughter birth certificate full one
5. Child Tax credit and Child Benefit award letters ( only in my name )
6. My wife's name on house bills
7. Daughters Doctor letters

Can someone tell me what Documnets will I need when I apply next time round for her discretionary leave.

Are they same documents as above I mentioned I will need to provide again or less documents I can provide next time round can someone elaborate and I know it's early to ask this and I know the immigration law changes every time.

I just want to know in advance so I can be prepared and any immigration changes to my wife's visa when I apply I will be up to date on any immgration changes.

saady
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by saady » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:43 pm

hi guys,

I am 17 days short from applying ILR. I have already been advised by some friends here to apply for flr fp and vary the application in 17 days after the payment and bio metrics appointment.

i just have a question that i am unable to understand on flr fp form.

section 5

""Evidence of your finances. Bank statements, building society savings books, payslips or
other formal documents. See Note 9.

Note 9 We do not accept internet or cashpoint statements as evidence of finances. If you claim
that a relative or friend is providing you with financial support (see question 5.5), in addition
to evidence of your own finances, you must provide bank statements or other documents of
the kind described above as evidence of their financial resources. The documents showing
the finances available to you and to any person supporting you should cover at least the last 3
months.""

in above note my understanding is my partner is not my friend or relative or can you please clarifiy if i have mis-understood. i am assuming they are referring to third party support.

i am applying via 10 years private life route, but on the form it states that i should fill everything that is relevant to me and in my case to declare that i have an unmarried partner whom i have been living since February 2015 and she is also supporting me financially. i have more than 6 different pieces of proof of adress,her EU ID card and her 6 months of payslips. is that enough to demosntrate that she is supporting me or is there anything else that i will need to show as because of my current visa status (student)i am unable to work.

@moderators and senior members .. your input is highly appreciated as i have only few days to apply!!

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:32 pm

You only give payslips and bank statements of your partner. Provided she meets the financial requirement. If she does not then you can add whoever else is supporting you and evidence of their finances. Hope this helps. All the best
Godgives

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:44 pm

zakir1988 wrote:Hi Guys

I need you guys to shed some light when I apply for my wife's visa extension discretionary leave I know I have to pay an NHS bill which I know is £200 per year so it will be around £400 for her 30 months visa Her visa will run out on July 2017.

1. Pay slips
2. Tenancy agreements
3. Doctor letters

Can someone tell me what Documnets will I need when I apply next time round for her discretionary leave.

Are they same documents as above I mentioned I will need to provide again or less documents I can provide next time round can someone elaborate and I know it's early to ask this and I know the immigration law changes every time.

I just want to know in advance so I can be prepared and any immigration changes to my wife's visa when I apply I will be up to date on any immgration changes.
You need to submit the same thing, you are trying to provr to them that you still qualify for the same stay, so you submit the same documents, just more recent ones that's all.. Hope this helps...

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:47 am

evie233 wrote:
zakir1988 wrote:Hi Guys

1. Pay slips
2. Tenancy agreements
3. Doctor letters

You need to submit the same thing, you are trying to provr to them that you still qualify for the same stay, so you submit the same documents, just more recent ones that's all.. Hope this helps...
Thanks for your reply

Grecia01
Newly Registered

Post by Grecia01 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:13 pm

aysie wrote:*****update****

Contacted the home office last week Thursday as the 8 week guideline had passed. Was called back on Monday to be told that a decision still hasn't been made and the 8 weeks is just a guideline, it's a simple dl renewal based on British wife and child. No change in circumstances! What is taking so long ????
Pls is there a minimum time to wait to apply for discretionary leave based on the parent of a British child. Is there a need for the British child to reach a certain age before applying on a flr fp or you can apply as soon as British child has her passport?

MyGodisable

Post by MyGodisable » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:51 pm

Dear moderator and honourable members

This issue concern my Judicial Review case on Family and Private Life "no ties" that is currently being considered by the COURT OF APPEAL.

The case is at the oral renewal hearing. TODAY i receive a letter from the court that the my oral renewal hearing will be heard in court without "notice to any other party, that is, the respondent (SSHD)".

Normally the respondent needs to be notify under cpr 52c of the court of appeal practice direction BUT in this case the court is saying they will never notify the respondent ,that is, the SSHD.

Please my noble friends in this forum what does this letter means. PLEASE HELP ME

Grecia01
Newly Registered

Post by Grecia01 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:44 pm

Pls is there a minimum time to wait to apply for discretionary leave based on the parent of a British child. Is there a need for the British child to reach a certain age before applying on a flr fp or you can apply as soon as British child has her passport?

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:56 pm

Grecia01 wrote:Pls is there a minimum time to wait to apply for discretionary leave based on the parent of a British child. Is there a need for the British child to reach a certain age before applying on a flr fp or you can apply as soon as British child has her passport?

Grecia01

There is a minimum requirement applying on FLR FP that is 2 years have to been with your partner married or in a civil marriage or have to wait 2 year or more living in the country before applying as for a Child to reach a certain age before applying there is no age requirement.

I applied just after our islamic marriage was 2 years November 2014 ( Civil partner ) as my wife's passport was in HO and my Daughter was born in 2014 July so my wife got 10 year route parent.

Hope this help anymore info don't hesitate to contact me

Grecia01
Newly Registered

Post by Grecia01 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:19 pm

Grecia01

There is a minimum requirement applying on FLR FP that is 2 years have to been with your partner married or in a civil marriage or have to wait 2 year or more living in the country before applying as for a Child to reach a certain age before applying there is no age requirement.

I applied just after our islamic marriage was 2 years November 2014 ( Civil partner ) as my wife's passport was in HO and my Daughter was born in 2014 July so my wife got 10 year route parent.

Hope this help anymore info don't hesitate to contact me[/quote]
Thank you for the prompt response. Having lived in-country for over 2 years should be sufficient, right? Because sometimes it can be a task proving your existence with a partner if you are not married. Please do you mind listing the documents you used to support your application. Just trying to gather all knowledge before applying. Thank you once again.

Grecia01
Newly Registered

Post by Grecia01 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:22 pm

zakir1988 wrote:
Grecia01 wrote:Pls is there a minimum time to wait to apply for discretionary leave based on the parent of a British child. Is there a need for the British child to reach a certain age before applying on a flr fp or you can apply as soon as British child has her passport?

Grecia01

Hope this help anymore info don't hesitate to contact me

Thank you for the prompt response. Having lived in-country for over 2 years should be sufficient, right? Because sometimes it can be a task proving your existence with a partner if you are not married. Please do you mind listing the documents you used to support your application. Just trying to gather all knowledge before applying. Thank you once again.

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:34 am

Grecia01

The documents you need to submit for FLP FP are

1. Pay slips if your partner works or if applicable provide
2. Tenancy agreements
3. Doctor letters
4. birth certificate full one of you child's
6. name on house bills

More you give the better you will need to have like two years worth of letters but it dont need to be every months if you provide for example Jan 2013 bill letters then provide March 2013 bill letter in your name that is fine you can have gaps in the letter you provide providing It is right up to the date from time the of application you make so you have your most current letters you can provide.

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:20 pm

Hi Board family

Anyone knows how long a written determination takes from Upper Tribunal? It has been 2 months now since my appeal was held and allowed.

Appeal decision was verbally communicated at the hearing, when does Home Office right to appeal start counting? Is it from the hearing day or from the day a written determination is received?

Many thanks for your help in adance.

lookbook
Newly Registered

Post by lookbook » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:59 am

Hi Mate,
Can anyone tell me the work of RCCT 8 Manchester?
I just got letter from them today that i should fill a additional grounds forms.

Thanks

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:37 pm

First of all that you for contacting me

I read what you said how can your child be British a child born in UK or abroad is not necessarily British one of you have to be British citizen or both parents must have ILR to be British citizen if both of you are not British citizen or one of you don't have ILR then I'm afraid you will have you apply for your child too.

Now tell me under what application did your wife get visa and are you an overstayer and why is your passport with the HOME OFFICE.

Let me tell you my story my wife came 2009 with her mum and sister age of 15 as a visitor then claimed asylum got refused then kept applying after she was 18 she became suppurate applied again until 2012 November got refused again got married islamically in November 2012 then when she got refused then letter came to provide details where she was living I gave marriage photos wedding invite Card and after giving the details they said she needs to sign on every two weeks in reporting centre London Bridge she was reporting from December 2012 to February 2014.

I read online the application that we need to make was FLR FP not FLR M
since I got married here not back home but FLR FP says need to be living together with parter 2 years or more mine was bang on 2 years then I applied through solicitor.

I am British citizen born and brought up here and my wife Bangladesh citizen since I am British my child automatically is British when applied under FLR FP we got refused once 5 year route partner since my wife's passport was with the home office we could not register our marriage then the solicitor applied 10 route parent she got the visa we just apply for discretionary leave every 30 months.
Even I work part time she got visa.

If you are British and your wife is not then I would say apply for FLR FP.
But always consult your solicitor I'm just giving advice based on my situation how my wife got her visa.

muhamad3011 I tried to private message you it seems you have disabled your people sending you private messages if you see this message reply here

norpal
Newly Registered

Post by norpal » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:53 am

Hi i am seeking for advise on the best form to use

My wife has ILR, my child has currently applied for MN1 since the child was born here. My marriage has broken down though we still live together and are civil.
My wife says i should apply for FLR FP (Parent route) as the father of a british citizen but i also want to know about the FLR M.

I am currently waiting for my High court hearing to appeal the HO decision to reject my discretionary leave app. (This application was made before my wife got her ILR).

So do i apply for FLR FP as she says or FLR M. She is earning 21k per annum and if i am successful, will it count towards my 10 yr stay? I have been in the UK now for 9yrs legally,

geezer425
Newly Registered

Post by geezer425 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:12 am

Hi guys,
Can anyone please answer my question?
I am on tier 1 entrepreneur visa valid till march 2017.
I have british child with a british citizen with whome i have never lived. She has given a sworn statement explaining my access arrangements to child.
Can i apply for flr fp family life as a parent visa?
Ur help will b highly appreciated.
Thanks

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:34 am

Hi Everyone
I like update my application status-
Applied for FLR(FP) - 25/07/2014
Acknowledgement dated - 30/07/2014
Biometric letter dated - 08/08/2014(received 20/08/2014)
Biometric done - 20/08/2014
Decision made - Refused on 30/09/2014 (received on 2/10/2014)
Appeal hearing on FTT 19/01/2015
Appeal allowed dated on 6th Feb 2015
Home Office lodged appeal at UT
Appeal Hearing at UT 5th June 2015
Appeal dismissed on 11 June 2015
We applied for Permission of Appeal to COA(Court of Appeal) 23 June 2015
Appeal Permission refused 29 July 2015
Now we are going to lodge appeal directly to COA

geezer425
Newly Registered

Post by geezer425 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:52 am

Hi guys,
Can anyone please answer my question?
I am on tier 1 entrepreneur visa valid till march 2017.
I have british child with a british citizen with whome i have never lived. She has given a sworn statement explaining my access arrangements to child.
Can i apply for flr fp family life as a parent visa?
Ur help will b highly appreciated.
Thanks

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:05 pm

@Ribablu on what basis was your application if you don't mind me asking?

I hope you laugh last.

Ribablu

On
Rubablu wrote:Hi Everyone

Mr Goody Goody
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Goody Goody » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:36 pm

Hello Good People,
This is my update from the last time I posted on this platform.....on 7 years Concessionary rule with court access right and presently with a British partner cohabiting over 3.5 years with a british stepson included in application
Application sent to HO on June 2 2015
No Acknowledgement letter until I wrote a letter to all the depts. in HO on July 2 (app 5 letters were sent same day to HO depts)
Acknowledgement letter and Biometric letters received on July 6
Biometric done July 7 2015
Letter requesting for more documents and evidences received on 8 August 2015 with just a week to get all docs back to HO
But there is a issue, my ex partner had refused to include a letter and docs to certify that I always see my child as requested by the HO.
Home Office requested for a lot of docs which I have strived to get except the letter from my ex-partner......Team please advise accordingly.
Applied for FLR(FP) - 02/06/2015
Acknowledgement dated - 06/07/2015
Biometric letter dated - 06/07/2015(All received same date)
Biometric done - 07/07/2014
More documents request letter received - 08/08/2015 ( All docs to be received in a week)

hope2424
Newly Registered

Post by hope2424 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:29 pm

Hi all

shout to senior members and authors

I applied for flr o based on 7 year old child 2013, we all non eu applicants, when she wasn't completed her 7 years stay got rejected with in 2 months launched jr and the case was accepted in court in mid of 2014 and HO representative call for reconsideration so accepted with fee refund. they refused it with removal direction and gave a right of appeal.my daughter is 11yrs in the uk for 8 years and my two sons 5 and 1.
I have hearing coming up next month. I need some ideas for letter to be submitted to support the case. few in my mind are as follows.

1. character ref letter
2. school report
3. medical report
4. letter from freinds for social ties

if anything more i need to include pls feel to comment. im tired of this battle i want this straight this time. pls help and pray..

thanks in advance

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:38 pm

Hi Hope

First of all I wish you all the best with your appeal. In addition with what you've listed in your post, you should also get your daughter to write a letter with her own handwriting. If you five year old can also write get him to write as well. And you should also have enough recent family pictures (Not sure if this add any weight, but my solicitor always requested for this).

Don't forget your own personal statement, bank account/payslips and tenancy agreement for suitability prove.

Good luck again!
hope2424 wrote:Hi all

shout to senior members and authors

I applied for flr o based on 7 year old child 2013, we all non eu applicants, when she wasn't completed her 7 years stay got rejected with in 2 months launched jr and the case was accepted in court in mid of 2014 and HO representative call for reconsideration so accepted with fee refund. they refused it with removal direction and gave a right of appeal.my daughter is 11yrs in the uk for 8 years and my two sons 5 and 1.
I have hearing coming up next month. I need some ideas for letter to be submitted to support the case. few in my mind are as follows.

1. character ref letter
2. school report
3. medical report
4. letter from freinds for social ties

if anything more i need to include pls feel to comment. im tired of this battle i want this straight this time. pls help and pray..

thanks in advance

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:32 pm

We applied on 7 years child rules after my son completing 7 years 2 months in UK.
priscaltony wrote:@Ribablu on what basis was your application if you don't mind me asking?

I hope you laugh last.

Ribablu

On
Rubablu wrote:Hi Everyone