ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Misleading info on when to apply for FLR(M) on gov.uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

parasiteslost

Misleading info on when to apply for FLR(M) on gov.uk

Post by parasiteslost » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Hi all,

I have found that the gov.uk website is missing information about when someone can apply to extend his/her spouse/partner visa under the 5 year route. The guidance notes given to applicants says "We encourage you to apply 28 days before the expiry date." but this not entirely true is it? - An applicant can also apply for extension 28 days before completing a 30 months stay. I had to dig through the gov.uk website to find the document Appendix FM Section 1.0a given to decision makers i.e. case workers stating "They should make that application no more than 28 days before their extant leave is due to expire, or no more than 28 days before they have completed 30 months in the UK with such leave."
Why is this information about being able to apply after 30 months given to decision makers but not made available to applicants??

Thanks,

PL

SoHopeful

Re: Misleading info on when to apply for FLR(M) on gov.uk

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:50 pm

I take your point but from what I've seen most people seem to be aware of this. Plus the FLM is used to cover a variety of applications including switching visas from within the UK so I don't think it's to mislead as such.