ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vanakkamchennai

Re: Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Post by vanakkamchennai » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:40 am

bukhariibrahim wrote:Hi All

I have a query regarding Settlement Visa for my wife applied from Mumbai BKC.

The application date for 9th July and unfortunately we dint opt for Text service. Hence have heard nothing at all(No emails received either)

I have noticed few of you guys have mentioned that you have tried contacting the Visa office via Calls and Emails. Would any of you please share the contacts details for the Visa office - Contact No & Emails.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Ibrahim

Try: https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com
The email service is free, and tthe telephone service is GBP1.37 per minute (Useless based on ppl's experience).
30JUN15–Online application
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
12OCT15-appeal letter issued
09NOV15-Overturned
18NOV15-Passport submited
20NOV15–New IHS Payment done
08DEC15-Passport collected

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:28 am

Thanksa a ton vanakkamchennai. I'll try and wait to get a response via email first.

Maverick75
Newly Registered

Post by Maverick75 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:59 am

To All guys who submitted the settlement application in month of June, has there been any update on your application.

I have submitted on 16th July, and there is no update as of today. I did call them up last week and they said that they are escalating my application but i have not heard anything back from them yet.

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:04 am

Another quick reminder to all the folks who applied in June month to update their visa's status please so that it gives confidence for the July applicants . I clearly can see that processing timelines are going up each week, not really sure how many settlement visas do they get in each week and why this much of time to process. Its really frustratting!!

AMirAbbasi
Mood:
Palestine

Post by AMirAbbasi » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:53 am

NOTIFICATION LETTER TO ADVISE THAT APPLICATION MAY NOT BE PROCESSED WITHIN SERVICE STANDARDS
Thank you for your UK visa application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process applications:
Non-settlement within 15 working days
Premium Visas within 5 working days
Settlement within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we may not be able to make a decision on your application within our customer service targets. We will continue to progress your application and make a decision as soon as possible. Please note that fees paid are non-refundable.
UK Visas and Immigration
South and South East Asia Region

Does anyone get this type of email before? what its mean? 41 days passed n this is what i got after ask the current status of my application. :(

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:07 am

AMirAbbasi wrote:NOTIFICATION LETTER TO ADVISE THAT APPLICATION MAY NOT BE PROCESSED WITHIN SERVICE STANDARDS
Thank you for your UK visa application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process applications:

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we may not be able to make a decision on your application within our customer service targets. We will continue to progress your application and make a decision as soon as possible. Please note that fees paid are non-refundable.
UK Visas and Immigration

Does anyone get this type of email before? what its mean? 41 days passed n this is what i got after ask the current status of my application. :(
Which category you applied under? Cat A or another? And at which VFS centre you applied? Did you miss any supporting documents? Atleast, they are still progressing with your application instead of refusing it. So stay optimistic!!

aamar0583
Newly Registered

Post by aamar0583 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:59 am

Hi AMirAbbasi

When did you email them and when did you get this response?

I guess they are doing more checks on your wife due to her previous history. I hope I am wrong but remain steadfast. Atleast they've started looking at your application.

AMirAbbasi wrote:NOTIFICATION LETTER TO ADVISE THAT APPLICATION MAY NOT BE PROCESSED WITHIN SERVICE STANDARDS

UK Visas and Immigration

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:45 pm

vanakkamchennai wrote:

The application date for 9th July and unfortunately we dint opt for Text service. Hence have heard nothing at all(No emails received either)

I have noticed few of you guys have mentioned that you have tried contacting the Visa office via Calls and Emails. Would any of you please share the contacts details for the Visa office - Contact No & Emails.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Ibrahim
The email service is free, and tthe telephone service is GBP1.37 per minute (Useless based on ppl's experience).

I have emailed them to chase an update on my application on 11th Aug, but still havent had any luck in getting a reply. How quickly do they respond?

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:01 pm

bukhariibrahim wrote:
vanakkamchennai wrote:

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Ibrahim

I have emailed them to chase an update on my application on 11th Aug, but still havent had any luck in getting a reply. How quickly do they respond?
Normally, they respond within next day. I emailed them twice and got the reply next day. As they say, they will respond within one working day!!

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:59 pm

I'll try and email them again today. Thanks

AMirAbbasi
Mood:
Palestine

Post by AMirAbbasi » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:38 pm

@sthakur n aamar0583
I applied under cat A, on 18/06/2015, I mailed them today n get tht response 2hrs later n I don't think missed any documents but yes she had a few refusal in different type of visas few years ago. plz everyone remember us in ur prayers!

mvatta
Newly Registered

Post by mvatta » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:30 am

Hi guys I'm new to the forum but have been following your updates and views. The following is my wife's timeline of UK Settlement Visa

Vfs centre applied at- Jalandhar 16th June 2015
Went to Delhi 16th and sms received to confirm on 16th
Emails sent After 25 working days numerous times and phone calls made and spent over £30 in charges only to receive same scripted response of " there are no current updates and this may be because you have applied too soon or your details are incorrect etc.
Case escalated after 27 days and after 4 working days no response and when I rang again they said Delhi has a 5 day escalation backlog.
In 11th August received email stating decision made and on 13th August she received her passport with all docs and 30 day visa stamped in passport.

The worst part is on 11th August AM I received email stating there are no updates but 2 hours later another email said decision made. The whole system of contacting is flawed and causes more stress and pain than relief or peace of mind. My advice to you guys is the average (if not max) timescale for Delhi applications is 40-42 working days. It just requires and lot of patience and belief and faith. Calling and emailing is a big disappointment. Hope this helps guys! Good luck in all your applications and hang in there .. Its a matter of time thats all!

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:17 am

After 2 unsuccesful attempts to chase visa status via email i decided to call them today. Application date was 9th July and its still waiting to be assesed :(

Apparently it can take upto 12 weeks (60 working days) but could be sooner. One thing new i found out that Settlement visas are also looked by ECO in Sheffield.

They have confirmed that i'd receive an email once a decision has been made..

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:24 pm

The number of waiting times have gone up for both Chennai & Delhi :evil:

Chennai : 44 days
Delhi : 45 days

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/india/pdf/In ... 140815.pdf

Did anyone understood the meaning of the following:
Chennai:
2. Average time for all settlement applications and EEA Family Member Applications
and interviews – 54 minutes

Delhi:
Average time for all settlement applications and EEA Family Member Applications and
interviews – 60 minutes
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
09NOV15-Overturned

aamar0583
Newly Registered

Post by aamar0583 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:15 pm

That's frustrating.

It simply means the average time a person will be interviewed if and when called for one.

vanakkamchennai wrote:The number of waiting times have gone up for both Chennai & Delhi :evil:

Chennai:
2. Average time for all settlement applications and EEA Family Member Applications

Delhi:
Average time for all settlement applications and EEA Family Member Applications and
interviews – 60 minutes

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:32 pm

aamar0583 wrote:That's frustrating.

It simply means the average time a person will be interviewed if and when called for one.

vanakkamchennai wrote:The number of waiting times have gone up for both Chennai & Delhi :evil:

Chennai:

Delhi:
interviews – 60 minutes

Thanks @aamar0583
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
09NOV15-Overturned

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:38 pm

aamar0583 wrote:That's frustrating.

Chennai:

Delhi:
interviews – 60 minutes

What the hell wrong with these BHC's? I just don't understand why would they take such longer times to process a simple dependant visa (so called settlement spouse visa) and it is not even ILR.. What is so special about this dependant visa as they have to complete 5 yrs inorder to get their PR?

Its really frustrating!!!

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:49 am

Hi All

Has anyone applied during 1st week on July received any updates yet?

Wondering if there are any members who have received their visa?

Thanks

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:11 am

No updates for me..

Any status from June applicants and 1st week of July applicants??

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:26 pm

How dp you escalate a application and also if u spend money calling and u escalate and somebody dont call them , is that really fair? to process a later application before another just coz someobody called to escalate?

AMirAbbasi
Mood:
Palestine

Post by AMirAbbasi » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:26 pm

Well, when I asked my current status via emails, so far four times, i don't call them coz its just waste of money. Among four, two times they escalate my case, i didn't ask them though. :| but still no result, 44 working days passed!

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:33 pm

AMirAbbasi wrote:Well, when I asked my current status via emails, so far four times, i don't call them coz its just waste of money. Among four, two times they escalate my case, i didn't ask them though. :| but still no result, 44 working days passed!
Which VFS center you applied from?

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:12 pm

AMirAbbasi wrote:Well, when I asked my current status via emails, so far four times, i don't call them coz its just waste of money. Among four, two times they escalate my case, i didn't ask them though. :| but still no result, 44 working days passed!
44 Days!!! Thats a long time. Were there any complications in your case? Assuming you applied early June?

I have applied on 9th July at Mumbai BKC....

5K4R
Newly Registered

Post by 5K4R » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:25 pm

Those timelines published on the VFS website are rubbish. I think they are average timelines, not actuals. My wife applied on 23rd June from Kolkata. Would be nice to know if anyone applied on or after 23rd June and got the visa.

AMirAbbasi
Mood:
Palestine

Post by AMirAbbasi » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:45 pm

My friend applied on 18 May'15 and got the visa on 17 August'15 from Delhi