ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

renewal of COS allocation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunnyhanda
Newly Registered

renewal of COS allocation

Post by sunnyhanda » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:42 pm

Hi , i need help .. i hope someone does ...

situation : my company has license and still valid and it has 2 allocations, 1 has been used and the employee is on tier 2 visa and there is no issue with that .

now they want to sponsor someone from here who is in the country, and already working in the firm, but COS has expired as they forgot to renew before 5th april 2015, although the request for COS allocation has been submitted online, (done after expiry date), so therefore it is showing pending online, how long will it take to be renewed so that they can sponsor that person on TIER 2 , ...as the visa of that person runs out on 14 sept 2014 ..

please advise what we need to do, as the license is still valid, but allocation is problem which was expired, however allocation renewal request was submitted after expiry date and it was done 2 weeks ago..

do we need to wait for that, any other alternative.

please advise...

sunnyhanda
Newly Registered

Re: renewal of COS allocation

Post by sunnyhanda » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:46 am

Hi .. its my request to everyone please reply ..
anyone ..before i seek professional advise
i thought we can get advise here.. that is why i posted this query here
thanks

xubash
Newly Registered

Post by xubash » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Hi There,

The Standard processing time for unrestricted COS is from 2 days to 18 Weeks. However, the Current processing time is 3 weeks. This is confirmed by HO when I called them last week.

I have also applied for unrestricted COS last week like you.

They will only treat any application as urgent if your visa is expiring in next 15 days.

I advise you (your employer) to email to "Business Help Desk" tell them you have applied for unrestricted COS and request them to treat this as urgent application explaining your current visa.

Regards,
Subash Aryal

usmanzaka25
Newly Registered

Post by usmanzaka25 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:22 pm

xubash wrote:Hi There,

The Standard processing time for unrestricted COS is from 2 days to 18 Weeks. However, the Current processing time is 3 weeks. This is confirmed by HO when I called them last week.

I have also applied for unrestricted COS last week like you.

They will only treat any application as urgent if your visa is expiring in next 15 days.

I advise you (your employer) to email to "Business Help Desk" tell them you have applied for unrestricted COS and request them to treat this as urgent application explaining your current visa.

Regards,
Subash Aryal
Hi,
How do you know cos have been allocated i mean do sponsor need to check sms regularly aor will HO send an email to inform sponsor that cos have been allocated.
Thanks,

xubash
Newly Registered

Post by xubash » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:00 pm

Hi,

Ask your employer to check the email in the regular basis.They will email your employer when the COS is assigned.

if your visa is expiring very soon, I advise you to email "Business Help Desk" and request them to accept your case as urgent explaining
your current situation.

Best of Luck !!