ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hsmp incountry switch uk based american universitydegree

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

silenttiger
Newly Registered

hsmp incountry switch uk based american universitydegree

Post by silenttiger » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:24 pm

hya guys
im just new on this forum i find it realy informative , i have a query from senior guys , im student here for 4 years , i gt admited in msc course but didnt start coz of some reason , i finished some diplomas and this year finish my mba from a college in london (american degree nt recognized by naric , im applying on the basis of degree from pakistan which is equivalent to uk degree , my question is
1)can i incountry switch
2)can i provide child registration certificate(is this birth certificate or date of birth certificate )
3) i have extended my visa 3 times , do i need 3 home office letter of permission for leave or just last one
4)if i apply extension for stay as student and initial hsmp application same time ,any effect--,coz in student application u show urs intention that you dont have intention to live here but hsmp is --
5)if i get my birth cerficate translated from globaltranslator.com , home office accept it? any 1 have these issues before or have answer to these
questions , ill be thankful to u guys

2 brains are powerful than 1

silenttiger
Newly Registered

Post by silenttiger » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:26 pm

im waiting -----------------------------------------------------------any1 gt any idea abt my query

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:53 pm

I think we're all just flabbergasted that someone with an MSc can write so appallingly.

I can't easily understand what you are on about. Any chance of the English version?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

silenttiger
Newly Registered

Post by silenttiger » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:34 pm

i asked simple questions if u cant answer or want me to explain u more , ur nt behaving like a professional consultant i know im not paying u guys anything but anything if u cant answers to my query u should keep quiet n give sum1 chance who wana help other , anyways hsmp is not english language immigrant programme ,i can speak n write i need to have for a good job , stop discourage others. this forum is for help not for discouragment , check my spelling ,correct it n send it back to me or help me

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:50 pm

Are you sure your degree from Pakistan is equivalent to a UK degree, beacuse some are not. I know that BComm is not.

If you want to stay in the UK using the HSMP route, good written and spoken English will help you run a business or get a well paid job. You do need to provide evidence of your skills in English. This should usually be your IELTS test results, or evidence that your degree was taught in English.
silenttiger wrote:i can speak n write i need to have for a good job
I do not understand what you are trying to say here.

silenttiger
Newly Registered

Post by silenttiger » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:17 pm

i dono wts going on i think u guys just dont want to answer to my simple questions , im not here for any argument with u guys , i just need some help and some question in my mind n want to clear it but amanda started a new topic about my language skills lol i take it she dont have any answer for these questions thats why she trying to change the topic.

gordon

Post by gordon » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:41 pm

1. You can switch in-country from a valid student visa (presuming that you've always met and continue to meet the visa conditions).
2. If the registration was for a live birth, then yes.
3. All three (or so I've been told).
4. Initial HSMP applications are not visa applications per se.
5. Check whether the translator is certified by a national body (eg ATC).

And you'll want to check on that MBA. MBAs count when accredited by EQUIS, AACSB, or AMBA; those without any of those accreditations are worthless.

Your initial post was very difficult to decipher; after reading it a few times, I'm still not sure I've grasped it (English is my first language, which, on reflection, is probably my main problem). It may well be the case that you can write properly when necessary, but you will appreciate that it's absolutely OTT to demand that others help you when you can't show them enough common courtesy to write in a way that they can understand. As it was, you left it to the reader to work out your meaning from a jumble of run-ons presented in largely text-message format.

silenttiger
Newly Registered

Post by silenttiger » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:14 pm

thanks Gordon
i read my message again lol i think yeh it is bit complicated i think its good for some1 brain exercise . just kidding , anyways , english is nt my first language , i learnt from university . anyways i have sometihng more need to be clearify
1)i gt last 3 letter of permission from home office but not first one ,do i have to provide additional documents eg pasport copy
2) can i claim 5 points for uk experience if my mba is accredited by EQUIS,AACSB,AMBA
i feel u like a fresh breeze here coz i found myself in so hectic situation , some coz of me and some coz of them anyways today is new day

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:09 pm

1. For the initial leave as a student, did they even send you a letter? (In the past they did so only for extensions.)
2. I mentioned the accreditation because an MBA (if accredited!) should have gotten you the master's level education points; the fact that NARIC does not recognise your MBA leads me to believe that the school/degree programme is not accredited. I don't know what happens with UK experience points when a degree programme is taught in the UK but the degree is granted by an overseas institution.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:06 pm

I don't think that you can switch, on the grounds that the MBA is not recognised as a degree. I'd check with the Home Office before wasting your money.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: hsmp incountry switch uk based american universitydegree

Post by pantaiema » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:41 pm

This is not true. American universities operating in the UK is not recognised by NARIC because they do not meet the standard set up by UK goverment. I believe even in the US itselves these univerties are not recognised by US government.

Do not say say amarerican universities are not recognised by NARIC. How about about so many american people who get HSMP, Are their degree not recognised by NARIC ?. If so How could they get HSMP ???. So do not try to dicredit NARIC if your university is not recognised.

I, myselves; I have frequently got offer by email to get MBA degree, PhD Degree, etc. We just need to spend very little time to study, no exam no dissertation, no essay. In extreme case, they will award U degree based on your working experience as long as U r willing to pay. If these are the universities that we are talking about then people will not be suprised if they are not recognised. Remember No pain No gain
silenttiger wrote:hya guys
(american degree not recognized by naric
Last edited by pantaiema on Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pantaiema

prem12

Post by prem12 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:15 pm

silenttiger wrote:english is nt my first language , i learnt from university .
I think you yourself have spoiled your english. Looks like you have done too much of chatting over the net.
________
Ferrari 400
Last edited by prem12 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silenttiger
Newly Registered

Post by silenttiger » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:39 pm

thanks Gordon for yours reply i think they do send me first letter but i lost it what i have to do about it
victoria can you check with home office , i got naric letter for my msc degree from pakistan .i always follow student status rules and reguations related to work and others .my college is BAC accredited.i just didnt want to spend 7000 pound on mba from good university if you can get same quality of education from a institution with less than half fees .
prem12 wts urs email ill send u shit loads of junk mails n viruses u hv 2 call paper pusher to clean it

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:30 pm

silenttiger: I am becoming more unsure as I go along, as it just doesn't add up properly. You were given a student visa initially (presumably for the MSc that you didn't start) - did you inform the Home Office when you switched to the diploma courses ? And then the MBA issue: I'm baffled that a student visa was issued for you to study in an unaccredited degree programme not recognised by NARIC at an institution that appears not to be recognised by the Home Office (if I've understood Victoria's post correctly).

silenttiger
Newly Registered

Post by silenttiger » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:18 am

gordon if my college is not recognised by home office how can i get 3 extensions , ofcours it is .yeh thats true i got visa to start msc programe in uk (i already gt msc degree from pak) but coz of some reason i coudnt that time i was not aware of home office rules that i have to inform them to switch my programme .

silenttiger
Newly Registered

Post by silenttiger » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:25 am

sorry prem12 and paper pusher i was just kidding , you guys can chat wid me this weekend 6am-12 pm , start till die , i love chating as u said , :D

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:54 am

Speaking from experience, BHC or British embassy will never issue a student visa if the course is not in the list of DFES recognised course.

The fact that someone originally get a Visa from DFES recognised course and then swiched it into other course in country is already a violation of the student Visa condition.

gordon wrote:silenttiger: I am becoming more unsure as I go along, as it just doesn't add up properly. You were given a student visa initially (presumably for the MSc that you didn't start) - did you inform the Home Office when you switched to the diploma courses ? And then the MBA issue: I'm baffled that a student visa was issued for you to study in an unaccredited degree programme not recognised by NARIC at an institution that appears not to be recognised by the Home Office (if I've understood Victoria's post correctly).
Pantaiema

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:03 pm

silenttiger
If your MBA course is acredited by EQUIS & AMBA, it is highly unlikely that it is not recognised by NARIC.

Is your university accredited by EQUIS & AMBA, and not recognised by NARIC ?. I utterly doubt it.

Many recognised universities in the UK offer MBA program but less than 50% get acreditation from these acreditation bodies. So I will say if your your course is acredited by EQUIS & AMBA, the chance that it is recognised by NARIC is 100%.

silenttiger wrote:
2) can i claim 5 points for uk experience if my mba is accredited by EQUIS,AACSB,AMBA
Last edited by pantaiema on Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pantaiema

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:14 pm

So that this discussion can move on a bit - what is the name of your awarding institution (college) for this MBA? Where were you planning on studying initially, when you received your visa? Did you pay the fees for your initial Master's course?

silenttiger
Newly Registered

Post by silenttiger » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:30 pm

thanks pantaiema for reply ,acutally my question is pretty much simple for incountry switch my course should be naric approved or not? as you write before only 50% universities in uk offer mba accredited by EQUIS & AMBA.it means mba from 50% of uk university cant incountry switch because mba they offer is not accredited by these bodies and they cant claim uk experience points aswell.

silenttiger
Newly Registered

Post by silenttiger » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:33 pm

any comments from senior guys , victoria, gordon, patiema,chess,jhoon please

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:33 pm

silenttiger
It is actually have been answer by Victoria, U just do not want to listen. U need to remember that the people in this forum provide U answer to what they believe is true, NOT what U want to hear. I also already clearly mentioned that it is a violation if U switch your course in country. More seriously because it is switched to the unrecognised course. Other people have also given U similar answer.

Because you change your status from DFES recognised courses to the one which is not recognised than U already violate your student VISA condition. Therefore I share the same opinion with Victoria and other people in this forum, U cannot swithc in country. But of course, U still have the cahnce and U could still try it if U want, there is still a tiny possibility they overlook your student status in the UK.

silenttiger wrote:thanks pantaiema for reply ,acutally my question is pretty much simple for incountry switch my course should be naric approved or not? as you write before only 50% universities in uk offer mba accredited by EQUIS & AMBA.it means mba from 50% of uk university cant incountry switch because mba they offer is not accredited by these bodies and they cant claim uk experience points aswell.
Last edited by pantaiema on Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pantaiema

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:20 pm

silenttiger

Things may not be as bad as some people are making out. You did not do the MSc that you initially entered the UK to do, but you appear to have had three extensions since then.

Unfortunately, just because the college is on the DfES' register of providers does not mean that all the college's courses are recognised or accredited. The DfES do not accredit or recognise colleges. Their website makes this clear. They are now called DIUS, but the list is still on the DfES website.

From their FAQ:
Can a college advertise the fact that it is on the Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills (DIUS) Register?
No. Registration on the Register of Education and Training Providers should not be seen by anyone as an endorsement of the college, or the quality of its courses.
If a college is on the Register, does this guarantee that it provides good quality education and training?

No. The Register does not quality assure or accredit in any way the learning provision of any registered colleges. Some colleges are accredited separately; you can ask the college you want to study at whether it has any accreditation.

If your college is not accredited and you are still concerned, you may wish to consider contacting the body which awards the qualification you are hoping to attain to see if the provider is approved to offer the qualifications it claims to offer. Your college should be able to tell you whether they are offering qualifications regulated by an external awarding body.

If you are proposing to take a qualification to enhance your career prospects, you might also wish to confirm with your prospective employers that they recognise the qualification you are intending to take.

If you are in any doubt about the college at which you are intending to study, you should conduct as many checks as possible to ensure that your hard work will lead to a qualification that is of value to you. For example, some colleges may be able to provide testimonials from previous students.

If you are seeking a UK degree-level qualification, you should also look at www.dcsf.gov.uk/recognisedukdegrees, which provides a list of all institutions recognised as awarding UK degrees.

Other institutions may award degree-level qualifications from other countries. You should be clear about whether you are studying for a UK degree or one accredited from abroad, as it may affect the status of your qualification.

It is illegal for institutions to offer degree-level qualifications purporting to be UK degrees where they do not have permission to do so, so all the information from the college at which you intend to study should be clear about the status of their degree-level qualifications.
Who awarded the Masters of Computer Science that you did?

As far as I am aware, you do need to have been awarded a recognised degree to switch in the UK to HSMP. Here is what it says in the guidance:
Students who have obtained a degree qualification during their current period of leave in the UK on a recognised degree course at either a United Kingdom publicly funded further or higher education institution or a bona fide United Kingdom private education institution which maintains satisfactory records of enrolment and attendance; and have the written consent of their official sponsor to remain as a highly skilled migrant if they are a member of a government or international scholarship agency sponsorship and that sponsorship is either ongoing or has recently come to an end at the time of the requested extension;
Hope this helps.

PP