ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for a child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hood
Newly Registered

ILR for a child

Post by hood » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Dear board members

I hope my email find all well.

I got my ILR yesterday thank you all so much for various advices, even though I never posted so much but various questions and answers here has really assisted me a lot.

Questions:

1.) I intend to apply ILR for my two kids age 1 and 4 ( both were born in UK) as I have a very important travel to make in November and registering them for MN1 is not an option looking at the processing timescale. Is ok if I use form Set(f) ?
2.) The oldest child has an Tier 1 dependant visa still valid (I got her dependant visa then due to family commitment in home country). Would there be any issue if I put her through for ILR as well ?
3.) Reading through Form F this afternoon, I noticed a requirement for proof finances was highlighted what level of details for finances can I provide as a sponsor… payslips and savings how many months ?

I will appreciate if anybody can also advise me on the guidance policy for this sort of application to read.

Thanks

hood
Newly Registered

Child ILR application

Post by hood » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:34 pm

Good afternoon forum

I will be most grateful if you could please advise me properly on this confusion.

Could you please advise me on the appropriate application form to use for ILR application for two kids with these different circumstances?

1. Child A born in UK and currently hold a Tier 1 dependent visa and wishes to apply for ILR – age 4
2. Child B born in UK no visa at the minute but wishes to apply for ILR – Age 2.

Note both are from same parents with indefinite leave to remain in the UK recently received via Tier 1 general route. Having been through various websites my understanding was that Child B application form Set (f)?
Should that be the case could you please be kind to advise if there’s any financial requirement information to be submitted alongside the application form.

Also taking into account the parents circumstances, both children are eligible for MN1 registration and then British passport, however given the timeline involved in getting this processed and with potential overseas trips the parent are looking at ILR option.

I will really appreciate all necessary help I could get in regards to the above concern.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for a child

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:41 pm

Topics merged.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hood
Newly Registered

Post by hood » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:19 am

House please am still waiting ...................

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:40 pm

SET(F)

280(b) and 298 requires adequate maintenance and accommodation, etc.

However, UK-born children may also qualify for ILR under 280(b) and 308, where there are no maintenance nor accommodation requirements!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hood
Newly Registered

Post by hood » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:10 pm

Thank you so much Vinny..... I thought I wasnt going to get any response.

But please to clarify, are you saying form Set (F) is the right form to use for both children? Both are UK born and one currently held a tier 1 dependant visa, the other none.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:14 am

Try using the settlement selection tool and use what it suggests.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.