ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

residency requirements for the ilr of tier 1 dependants

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

elpis
Newly Registered

residency requirements for the ilr of tier 1 dependants

Post by elpis » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:12 pm

I came to uk as tier 1 dependent in October 2010 and will apply for ilr in September this year. My only travel out of uk was in last 12 months and I have to stay in my home country for about 183 days. Am I be eligible to apply for ilr. There is no section in set o for the absences of tier 1 dependants. Only questions I could find in the form are for the main applicant . Do I need to submit any proofs of travel abroad to home office? What documents should I include with the application for my visit to my home country. Please note that my husband(main applicant ) did not travel out of uk in the entire period.
Gurus, please advise

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: residency requirements for the ilr of tier 1 dependants

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:37 pm

Unlike PBS migrants, PBS depenants (319E) are not subject to the "absences from UK" (245AAA) requirements.
When applying together with principal migrant suing one SET(O) form, dependant's absences aren't asked for.
When applying for settlement separately from the principal migrant, PBS dependant must include absences in the application form because then the dependant is "the applicant".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

elpis
Newly Registered

Re: residency requirements for the ilr of tier 1 dependants

Post by elpis » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:56 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta for reply. I have been cursing myself for spending so much time in my home country. feeling much better now. I appreciate it.