ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension Query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ambitions_high

Spouse Visa Extension Query

Post by ambitions_high » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:19 am

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could advice here please.

I am a British citizen and my wife is currently on spouse visa which is coming up for renewal next month. She has spent more than 5 years in this country on different visa categories - came as a student, then was on PSW and finally spouse visa [FLR(M)] after marriage. I just want to know what visa she will have to apply now - will it be FLR (M) again for 30 months or she can apply straight for SET (M) since she has completed more than 5 years here?

Many thanks in advance.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Spouse Visa Extension Query

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:31 am

ambitions_high wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could advice here please.

I am a British citizen and my wife is currently on spouse visa which is coming up for renewal next month. She has spent more than 5 years in this country on different visa categories - came as a student, then was on PSW and finally spouse visa [FLR(M)] after marriage. I just want to know what visa she will have to apply now - will it be FLR (M) again for 30 months or she can apply straight for SET (M) since she has completed more than 5 years here?

Many thanks in advance.
FLR(M) again.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ambitions_high

Re: Spouse Visa Extension Query

Post by ambitions_high » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:42 pm

Thanks wanderer

ambitions_high

Spouse Visa Extension - Change in Name

Post by ambitions_high » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:52 am

Hi All,

Was wondering if someone can advice me please...

My wife's FLR(M) is coming up for renewal soon. She got her name changed (added my surname to her existing full name) when her passport was renewed more than a year back. So she has a new passport which shows her new name and the old passport shows her previous (maiden) name. Our marriage certificate, her current BRP card and few of our co-hab documents shows her maiden name as well.

I am a bit concerned if the Case Worker would raise questions on her different names on different documents? Will her passport be accepted as a legal document to show her different names (new name in new passport and maiden name in old passport) or do we have to arrange for something else?

Many thanks in advance.

noajthan

Re: Spouse Visa Extension - Change in Name

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:09 pm

ambitions_high wrote:Hi All,

Was wondering if someone can advice me please...

My wife's FLR(M) is coming up for renewal soon. She got her name changed (added my surname to her existing full name) when her passport was renewed more than a year back. So she has a new passport which shows her new name and the old passport shows her previous (maiden) name. Our marriage certificate, her current BRP card and few of our co-hab documents shows her maiden name as well.

I am a bit concerned if the Case Worker would raise questions on her different names on different documents? Will her passport be accepted as a legal document to show her different names (new name in new passport and maiden name in old passport) or do we have to arrange for something else?

Many thanks in advance.
BRP will require updating as per https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances ... have-a-brp
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:10 pm

her current BRP card
This should have been updated within 3 months of the change in circumstances/name and a new BRP applied for.

See link below
https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances ... have-a-brp
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:14 pm

Oh dear! Wasnt aware of this and have missed this now!

Whats the alternative now please?