ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shashank2361

Re: April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

Post by shashank2361 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:38 pm

Unread postby mianrm » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:30 pm

Guys don't loose hope :)

if that guys said 6th April, then what i see was the approval received: 31/07/2015, so it took 13 days to post this ?
Is it approval received or date posted ?

let the ball rolling and we will see few more coming in few weeks time, if not then its bad quality as well ...

--------------------------------

I got letter before 3 days, The date on the letter was 31st July

FireballXL5

Post by FireballXL5 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:42 pm

shashank2361 wrote: Eligibility criteria: WP + Tire1 General + Tier 1 General extension
Language criteria met (Indian Engineering Degree ( Naric + Self Accesment form)
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Portsmouth
Date of application: 06/04/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of debit or clearance of fees:
Date of acknowledgment: 21/04/2018
Date approval received: 31/07/2015
Date of ceremony:10/09/2015

Thankyou Guys for all of you help

-----------------

Hi I had my Bio metric done befor 2 years when i applied for my Extension, So No bio metric letter. i applied on the last day I applied on the last day before fees was going to increased it was the las day of paying 906 pounds. I have to check my documents for that.
OK Thanks for clearing this up.

But this means you must have applied on 1st April (not the 6th) right? That was the last day you could have applied and paid the old fees and no biometrics.

By the way, most of us have already done biometrics before at ILR stage but we still had to do it again for naturalisation. It makes no difference, if your application arrived at the Home Office on or after 6th April you have to do biometrics again. No ifs, no buts.

shashank2361

Post by shashank2361 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:44 pm

arun.mpk wrote:HI Shashank, quick question - Did you send you application on the 6th of April or HO received it on the 6th ?

I applied on 6th April throught NCS portsmouth.

mianrm

Post by mianrm » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:45 pm

shashank2361 wrote:Re: April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY
Unread postby mianrm » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:30 pm

Guys don't loose hope :)

if that guys said 6th April, then what i see was the approval received: 31/07/2015, so it took 13 days to post this ?
Is it approval received or date posted ?

let the ball rolling and we will see few more coming in few weeks time, if not then its bad quality as well ...

--------------------------------

Thanks mate,

so guys, letter was dated 31 July and its 13th Aug, i can guess they must have done something within these 13 days... we should see some more coming in next 2 weeks, my 2 cents ..
I got letter before 3 days, The date on the letter was 31st July
Date of application Delivered (16/04/2015)
Date of Approval: 16/10/2015 dated:12/10
Date of Private Ceremony Booked: 20 / 10 / 2015

FireballXL5

Post by FireballXL5 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:46 pm

shashank2361 wrote:
arun.mpk wrote:HI Shashank, quick question - Did you send you application on the 6th of April or HO received it on the 6th ?

I applied on 6th April throught NCS portsmouth.
But the 6th of April was a national holiday (Easter Monday). NCS was not open that day. I just don't see how that is possible. Or do they just celebrate Easter on a different day in Pompey? :wink:

Also, if you applied on 6th April, you would have paid new fees and done biometrics. It doesn't make any sense.

shashank2361

Post by shashank2361 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:48 pm

FireballXL5 wrote:
shashank2361 wrote: Eligibility criteria: WP + Tire1 General + Tier 1 General extension
Date of receipt by UKBA:

-----------------

Hi I had my Bio metric done befor 2 years when i applied for my Extension, So No bio metric letter. i applied on the last day I applied on the last day before fees was going to increased it was the las day of paying 906 pounds. I have to check my documents for that.

But this means you must have applied on 1st April (not the 6th) right? That was the last day you could have applied and paid the old fees and no biometrics.

By the way, most of us have already done biometrics before at ILR stage but we still had to do it again for naturalisation. It makes no difference, if your application arrived at the Home Office on or after 6th April you have to do biometrics again. No ifs, no buts.

I didn't receive any Bio Metric Letter, Even when I called for the ceremony they didn't mentioned any thing about bio metric letter.Are you sure about doing the fingerprints again, they are not going to change in 2 years .

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:51 pm

shashank2361 wrote:
FireballXL5 wrote:
Date of receipt by UKBA:

-----------------

I didn't receive any Bio Metric Letter, Even when I called for the ceremony they didn't mentioned any thing about bio metric letter.Are you sure about doing the fingerprints again, they are not going to change in 2 years .

Are you 100% sure you applied on 6 April? It was Easter Monday holiday!

usman81

Post by usman81 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:54 pm

shashank2361 wrote:
FireballXL5 wrote:
Date of receipt by UKBA:

-----------------

6th of april was bank holiday, surprised to know that NCS was open!! Biometrics were reintroduced for all AN applications post april 6, and we all have registered them again.
I am no one only GOD knows the best

shashank2361

Post by shashank2361 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:00 pm

shashank2361 wrote:
FireballXL5 wrote:
shashank2361 wrote:
Eligibility criteria: WP + Tire1 General + Tier 1 General extension
Date of receipt by UKBA:

-----------------

Are you 100% sure you applied on 6 April? It was Easter Monday holiday!

---------

Yes you are right , 6th was easter and 3rd was good friday, Apologies for the confusion Let me go home and find the date on the documents. The only thing I remebmer that It was the last day of fees increase. Wait for few hours.

mianrm

Post by mianrm » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:01 pm

usman81 wrote:
6th of april was bank holiday, surprised to know that NCS was open!! Biometrics were reintroduced for all AN applications post april 6, and we all have registered them again.

guys , give the man a break :)
yes its not possible on 6th April, and even NCS is open on that day and taken the application, it cant reach HO on the same date ? next day delivery will make it 7th April and need new fees with BIO as well ..

landcruiser94

Post by landcruiser94 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:08 pm

The lines on this thread is a reflection of everyone's frustration. Lets all draw a line and agree that shashank2361's application is NOT A BIOMETRIC one..Even he/she says they paid £906 and applied on the last day of the old fees. Adding those two points together shows its pre-biometric.

Biometrics were introduced to apparently "speed things up".. we'll see how well it works out.

L
Method: NCS
received by UKVI: 14/04/15
Clearance of fees: 05/05/15
acknowledged: 13/05/15
Biometric letter : 13/05/15
Date of Biometrics : 18/05/15
Date of approval: 20/08/2015
Date approval delivered in the post: 29/08/15
Date of ceremony:08/09/15

shashank2361

Post by shashank2361 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:30 pm

I have mobile photo on my letter with me, The date on the letter is 31st July and I received the letter before 2 days. Unusual looks like they didn't posted straight away.

I applied on the last day of old fees, I remember because i had this conversation about the NCS lady about the fees and me and my colleague were hunting for the appointments in last week and I got it on the old fess. And I paid 906 pounds.
I didn't received any bio metric letter, If it will come later I will post it.

I wil post the date when I applied In the NCS,
The day you apply in the NCS is the date of fees because you have to mention the fees on the form, It doesn't matter it reaches on or after 6th to home office.
Should I be worried about Bio metric? Then I have to pay again

mianrm

Post by mianrm » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:35 pm

shashank2361 wrote:I have mobile photo on my letter with me, The date on the letter is 31st July and I received the letter before 2 days. Unusual looks like they didn't posted straight away.

I applied on the last day of old fees, I remember because i had this conversation about the NCS lady about the fees and me and my colleague were hunting for the appointments in last week and I got it on the old fess. And I paid 906 pounds.

The day you apply in the NCS is the date of fees because you have to mention the fees on the form, It doesn't matter it reaches on or after 6th to home office.
shashank2361 , your days of worry are over form BC point of view ...

its been said alot of time here on this forum that date of application is when it reaches HO not when applied through NCS, they are just the service which checks documents and send it to HO...

landcruiser94

Post by landcruiser94 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:35 pm

shashank2361 wrote:I have mobile photo on my letter with me, The date on the letter is 31st July and I received the letter before 2 days. Unusual looks like they didn't posted straight away.

I give up
Method: NCS
received by UKVI: 14/04/15
Clearance of fees: 05/05/15
acknowledged: 13/05/15
Biometric letter : 13/05/15
Date of Biometrics : 18/05/15
Date of approval: 20/08/2015
Date approval delivered in the post: 29/08/15
Date of ceremony:08/09/15

shashank2361

Post by shashank2361 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:16 pm

Hi

I coundnt find the documents when I applied in NCS., but I found the letter a of acknowledgment of payment on 27th April 2015 and payment was 906. If it helps,
best of luck to all of you guys, Everything will be fine.

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:31 pm

shashank2361 wrote:Hi

I coundnt find the documents when I applied in NCS., but I found the letter a of acknowledgment of payment on 27th April 2015 and payment was 906. If it helps,
best of luck to all of you guys, Everything will be fine.
probably a fke poster, he/she didn't realise 6th April was a bank holiday, there are several fke timelines in this thread and others i've noticed. Its neither here nor there, but i encourage anyone reading these forums to take timelines with a pinch of salt

shashank2361

Post by shashank2361 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:34 pm

That was very rude dear, Good luck for you , I am out.

vallae14
Newly Registered

Post by vallae14 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:46 pm

What's all the fuss about. There hasn't been any BRP Approval Yet!! Case workers are probably on their summer holiday. By End of September if nothing starts happening then we can hit the roof. Plus it's not even up to the stipulated 6months timeline. Just enjoy your summer. The case workers know they have a massive backlog. Like I said in my earlier posts. This BRP bollocks will make applications longer and not faster as they intended.

Yussi
Newly Registered

Post by Yussi » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:57 am

I've applied on the last day as well April 2nd, 2015, but a few days before my appointment was due, i had an email from NCS, letting me know about the new fees and the new form. What I'm saying is, that even though i've applied on the last day, NCS won't be sending the document straight away ,as the next day is good Friday and Monday is Easter Monday, thus I had to pay the new fees. I had acknowledgement letter dated April 30 along with biometric letter. Did the biometric on the 11/5 and am still waiting now.

KM15
Newly Registered

Post by KM15 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:07 pm

Hi I am new to this board. I applied through the NCS on the 9th Of April. I didn't receive an acknowledgment email or letter but I did receive a biometric letter. I am still waiting do you think I should be concerned that I never got the acknowledgment letter. Is anyone else in the same position?

FireballXL5

Post by FireballXL5 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:14 pm

KM15 wrote:Hi I am new to this board. I applied through the NCS on the 9th Of April. I didn't receive an acknowledgment email or letter but I did receive a biometric letter. I am still waiting do you think I should be concerned that I never got the acknowledgment letter. Is anyone else in the same position?
I never got an acknowledgement letter. I think it's reasonably normal. The main thing is to get the biometric letter.

KM15
Newly Registered

Post by KM15 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:16 pm

FireballXL5 wrote:
KM15 wrote:Hi I am new to this board. I applied through the NCS on the 9th Of April. I didn't receive an acknowledgment email or letter but I did receive a biometric letter. I am still waiting do you think I should be concerned that I never got the acknowledgment letter. Is anyone else in the same position?
I never got an acknowledgement letter. I think it's reasonably normal. The main thing is to get the biometric letter.
ok thank you its good to know someone is in the same boat

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:00 pm

All the best to every one !! Hope post-bio applicants will soon get their approvals :)

FireballXL5

Post by FireballXL5 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:48 pm

tulip11 wrote:All the best to every one !! Hope post-bio applicants will soon get their approvals :)
Thanks. Alas, it does not seem likely to happen soon for most of us. Even the March pre-bio applications have pretty much ground to a halt in terms of approvals. I think the HO are basically spending their time playing table tennis at the moment.

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:35 pm

FireballXL5 wrote:
tulip11 wrote:All the best to every one !! Hope post-bio applicants will soon get their approvals :)
Thanks. Alas, it does not seem likely to happen soon for most of us. Even the March pre-bio applications have pretty much ground to a halt in terms of approvals. I think the HO are basically spending their time playing table tennis at the moment.
lol @ playing table tennis :D :lol: