ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:02 pm

hk76in wrote:Hi all,

Please advise - I have 10 days short in completing the 10 years on 19th of September - Can I still go for same day application? Will the 28 days relaxation be given to such applicants?

Please guide
To calculate your eligibility, 10 years long residence starts from date you ENTERED the UK and you can apply 28 days before reaching the 10 years mark.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have applied ILR on basis of 10 year in 2012 and HO gave me FLRO they mentioned one of my application was late 15 days time, It happen due to case against curtail leave was in the court and after 2 year HO took the case back. I have question my family completed 11 years, do they are eligible for ILR or their time period been broken as well, particular son under 18 and have spend most of his life in the UK.

Your advice and guidance will be really appreciated

Regards
Amjad from Leeds

Raza.raja
Newly Registered

Post by Raza.raja » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:31 pm

Saima79
Well they have been checking if you have done more hours whilst on student visa and I know some1 personally who has been called for secondary interview when he went for peo appointment he tried arguing with the visa officer that he is willing to give interview on the same day but they refer cases to people who specilise in firing questions but to be honest that just rare it barely happens and regarding the tax your taxes has to match as in what you submit when you apply for extension and end of the year it has to be the same if you know what I mean and as long as they match you should be good to go and don't take stress I know it must be bugging your head but it's one of those things you just have to go with it hopefully it will smooth for you as well and if you got no refuses and your case straight forward and its affordable for you go for peo it's worth it

Hhh_saif
Newly Registered

10 years long residence applications

Post by Hhh_saif » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:49 pm

By the grace of almighty allah i have received my ILR today. I was a silent reader of this forum and like to share my good news. I have applied for 10 years long residency. arrived this country june 13 2005. My college was revoked on 2014. then applied for FLR(FP) free wavier on december 2014, received a letter from home office to submit more documents on FLR (FP) application on 16 of may. but i have applied for ilr on 18th of may. (i did not had any visa that time but made an ilr application before 28 days of my 10 years.
here is details.

ILR applied: 18/05/2015
biometric letter received : 04/06/2015
biometric given: 18/06/15
got approval: 04/08/15
documents received with BRP card: 10/08/15

through 10 years i was never refused for visa
student- 5 years
psw-2 years
student- 3 years

thank you very much for all the encouragement i got through this forum. All the best who is waiting. Thank you all the moderator.

go2tariq
Newly Registered

Post by go2tariq » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:51 am

go2tariq wrote:My question was specific to D13.
Tripple2 wrote:Section d says same as no need to pay health surcharge for ilr application but apply all others limited leave to remain application am I right or wrong pls correct me thanks
Dear All,
Time to share a good news. My ILR application is now granted based on 10 years long residency.
My case was straightforward. I spent 6 years on student visa, 2 years PSW, 1 year doctoral extension scheme and 1 year Tier 2.
I went to Croydon office to take one day service. Documents provided:
1. UK degree
2. LIUK test result
3. All my passports
4. BRP
5. Two photographs

It didn't take more than 2 hours to complete the whole process.
Now it is time for me to apply my wife and two children visa from Pakistan. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.
This forum is really very helpful.

RonaldsFromMcDonalds
Newly Registered

SET (LR) Application - Was out of UK for 120 days?

Post by RonaldsFromMcDonalds » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:37 am

I am going to apply for SET(LR) in the near future as I have been in the UK for 10 years. I came to UK in 2005 and have only been out of the country on one occasion for a period of 120 days. The reason I went out of UK was to change my VISA category from Dependent VISA to Student VISA from my home country.

When I applied for student visa the application got refused once and the subsequent appeal got rejected as well. Then I submitted a new application and that got accepted and I received visa. Until my student visa was obtained I remained under dependent visa and my visa never expired or got revoked.

Do I need to explain this in my SET(LR) application form? Also can I use Premium service 28 days prior to my 10 year completion date?

Any advice on this is highly appreciated.

favour

Post by favour » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:39 am

Hello,
d3thmark, with just 9 days over, if you can write a good cover note covering the the reasons it may help.
Also you never know, since u are not very sure of the exact days, it could be less.
I wish you all the best on Thursday.

mii4
Newly Registered

Post by mii4 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Hi guys,
Can someone help on the following issue if someone had similar history or know similar case as I am going to apply for my long residence ilr:

- came to UK July 2005 on student visa
- during my leave to remain in UK as student, one of student visa extensions (2009) was rejected, given right to appeal, later appeal was rejected, appealed for reconsideration and later went to high court. While I was waiting for the outcome on my high court appeal I completed my degree. I withdrew my appeal from high court and sent an application for PSW and I was granted PSW. Later I switched to Tier2.

Could you please let me know if above issue of rejection would effect my long term residency? Just to add, I was given right to appeal on each occasion and did appeal within given period of time too.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

MII.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:07 pm

Tripple2 wrote:LORD KRISNA. I just got my ilr today in Sheffield peo thanks to Lord Krisna 10 years .... Stu+psw+tier1 General. Thanks to zee Ali and all the members ..very helpful forum..
Congrats Tripple 2
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Mali1212
Newly Registered

Post by Mali1212 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:10 am

Hi all
I am very close to apply for set lr application, I need urgent advise plz share your best

I was stopped by police may 2014 and given fpn 100 penalty and also 3 points, using a hand held device I failed to make the payment and was sent a court letter and I pleaded guilty to it, then I had a letter from court to attend the court on April 2014 which I attended. I continued my pleaded guilty and court sentence 100 fine as earlier and 3 points.

I am not sure if it is a criminal conviction, do I need to declare as criminal conviction?

Please advice best course of action as I m so worried because of that, please advice any past experiences as the answer is so mixed and some of my known suggested to wait until May 2015.

Please share your best knowledge

Thanks

Ali

Raza.raja
Newly Registered

Post by Raza.raja » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:45 am

Dear mali1212
I believe this is a criminal conviction as far I know cuz it has happened to my cuzion if you had accepted it on the first hand without court being involved in it it would have been a simple case but best to consult a solicitors regarding that and if it is don't make a mistake by applying for ilr cuz it will get refused until it clears which could take three years if I am not mistaken

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:04 pm

Raza.raja wrote:Dear mali1212
I believe this is a criminal conviction as far I know cuz it has happened to my cuzion if you had accepted it on the first hand without court being involved in it it would have been a simple case but best to consult a solicitors regarding that and if it is don't make a mistake by applying for ilr cuz it will get refused until it clears which could take three years if I am not mistaken

Raja is right is a criminal record, the fact that you went to court, but he will still have to make an application to legalise his stay HO will just give you limited leave. Am sure you can't receive indefinite leave until after 3 years starting from that court date.

tuhin

Post by tuhin » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:07 pm

Hello Everyone,
Very much panicking...no news from the HO re my ilr, the court allowed my case more than 2 months back...passing very stressful days. can I go for my MP right now?? why they are taking time?

Tuhin

smir wrote:@ Tunin

can you please share

did you attend hearing ? and what was experience ? what judge said ?

when did you applied SET LR ? you applied before hearing or after hearing ? or you withdrew appeal ?

before few months too i asked you the same questions but you disappeared..

help and share with other so that other too get helped :D

tuhin wrote:Hello everyone
I sent my ILR application in the end of January on the basis of 10 yrs. I was on 3d, In the 1st wk of February in my appeal hearing my lawyer changed the ground to consider my ILR as I am in the UK for 10 yrs and my everything was fine in my last 10 yrs to the judge. The judge allowed my appeal last month after 5 months, and ordered HO to give me ILR. Within 14 days time HO didn't appeal against the decision also refunded my court fees.

1.5 month gone I received my court decision but still waiting for the HO approval...can I approach to my MP right now?? or is this too early?? what do you think?? somebody says HO take longer time if some one push them through MP. I am totally confused :oops: . Please share ur opinions. Thanks.

Regards
T

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:15 pm

I have gone through many posts and through some friends experience that getting in touch with MP isn't making much difference. As they are also getting reply from HO that your case is under consideration. So from my point of view I would just wait. You can still wait for experts to answer. Good luck.

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:03 pm

@Tuhin

After determination letter it takes 2-4 months

So just be calm and relax
tuhin wrote:Hello Everyone,
Very much panicking...no news from the HO re my ilr, the court allowed my case more than 2 months back...passing very stressful days. can I go for my MP right now?? why they are taking time?

Tuhin

smir wrote:@ Tunin

can you please share

did you attend hearing ? and what was experience ? what judge said ?

when did you applied SET LR ? you applied before hearing or after hearing ? or you withdrew appeal ?

before few months too i asked you the same questions but you disappeared..

help and share with other so that other too get helped :D

tuhin wrote:Hello everyone
I sent my ILR application in the end of January on the basis of 10 yrs. I was on 3d, In the 1st wk of February in my appeal hearing my lawyer changed the ground to consider my ILR as I am in the UK for 10 yrs and my everything was fine in my last 10 yrs to the judge. The judge allowed my appeal last month after 5 months, and ordered HO to give me ILR. Within 14 days time HO didn't appeal against the decision also refunded my court fees.

1.5 month gone I received my court decision but still waiting for the HO approval...can I approach to my MP right now?? or is this too early?? what do you think?? somebody says HO take longer time if some one push them through MP. I am totally confused :oops: . Please share ur opinions. Thanks.

Regards
T

tuhin

Post by tuhin » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:27 pm

Many thanks brother Shah and Smir.....

Shah05 wrote:I have gone through many posts and through some friends experience that getting in touch with MP isn't making much difference. As they are also getting reply from HO that your case is under consideration. So from my point of view I would just wait. You can still wait for experts to answer. Good luck.

mii4
Newly Registered

Post by mii4 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:54 pm

mii4 wrote:Hi guys,
Can someone help on the following issue if someone had similar history or know similar case as I am going to apply for my long residence ilr:

- during my leave to remain in UK as student, one of student visa extensions (2009) was rejected, given right to appeal, later appeal was rejected, appealed for reconsideration and later went to high court. While I was waiting for the outcome on my high court appeal I completed my degree. I withdrew my appeal from high court and sent an application for PSW and I was granted PSW. Later I switched to Tier2.

Could you please let me know if above issue of rejection would effect my long term residency? Just to add, I was given right to appeal on each occasion and did appeal within given period of time too.

Kind Regards,

MII.

Hi All,

Can someone please help on this issue?

Kind Regards,

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:33 pm

mii4 wrote:
mii4 wrote:Hi guys,

Kind Regards,

MII.

Hi All,

Can someone please help on this issue?

Kind Regards,
Ask Home office for your SAR record and check if there is any anomaly in your history. Home office usually relies on that record to check individual's immigration status.

goodmann

Post by goodmann » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:22 pm

Hi all,
Pls help clarify this. Length of total absences for the 10-yr period should not be more than 540days- agreed. My question is on the 180days allowance. Is it allowed to have total absences more than 180days in a year as long as each absence is not up to 180days? For example if i have travelled out of UK twice and each 105 days ( 210days that year).

And quoting from the Guidance Note; "
Tier 1 (General) applicants who are self-employed or in business must provide a letter of explanation of their business-related absences.
" Must I need to add documentary evidence to such letter of explanation?
pls help
We Live by God's Grace

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:26 pm

180 days in single visit

U are safe
goodmann wrote:Hi all,
Pls help clarify this. Length of total absences for the 10-yr period should not be more than 540days- agreed. My question is on the 180days allowance. Is it allowed to have total absences more than 180days in a year as long as each absence is not up to 180days? For example if i have travelled out of UK twice and each 105 days ( 210days that year).

Tier 1 (General) applicants who are self-employed or in business must provide a letter of explanation of their business-related absences.
pls help

goodmann

Post by goodmann » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:38 pm

Thanks SMIR, please do you (or anyone pls) have a link to UKVI resource that specifically states or implies this. I am so disturbed, my peo date is few weeks away
smir wrote:180 days in single visit

U are safe

pls help
We Live by God's Grace

ritesh0884
Newly Registered

Post by ritesh0884 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi all
I am going to complete my 10 years in 23rd jan 2015. I would like to go in person to get indefinite stay is it possible go 28 days before to get my ILR. your advice will be much appreciable.

Thank you

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:44 pm

Read it

Crame it

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ce_v13.pdf

Thanks SMIR, please do you (or anyone pls) have a link to UKVI resource that specifically states or implies this. I am so disturbed, my peo date is few weeks away

U are safe

pls help
[/quote]

goodmann

Post by goodmann » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:40 pm

Many thank SMIR

Crame it

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ce_v13.pdf

U are safe

pls help
[/quote][/quote]
We Live by God's Grace

ritesh0884
Newly Registered

Post by ritesh0884 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:48 pm

Hi Gusys please help
I am going to complete my 10 years in 23rd jan 2015. I would like to go in person to get indefinite stay, Is it possible go 28 days before to get my ILR. your advice will be much appreciable.

Thank you