ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for EEA Family permit....interview tomorrow

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Applied for EEA Family permit....interview tomorrow

Post by robsters » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:33 pm

so we applied for the eea family permit for my wife online and attending the interview tomorrow any advise on what to say when we are there?

adedayoh

Re: Applied for EEA Family permit....interview tomorrow

Post by adedayoh » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:58 pm

It's just an appointment to take pic and prints. It's not an interview. It's not even at the embassy. They take the docs n data on behalf of the UK embassy. Everything is sent to UK for a decision

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:54 pm

yeah found the place bit confusing to find almost found it by chance in the end as i just took a guess on a road and found it lol, anyway documents submitted, hopefully we get it :)

benfares

Post by benfares » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:01 pm

My husbabd submitted eea family application today, hopefully this time we get it :)

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:04 pm

Goodluck

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:35 pm

what time did your husband go we were there at 12pm i might of seen him there lol we were there today

benfares

Post by benfares » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:30 pm

He went at 1:30pm he said there was a lot of people. I hope you get it Robster i have a feeling you will good luck. :D

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:15 am

cheers :) yeah my wife seems confident but lets hope, thats interesting there was a lot of people at 1:30 haha my wife really wanted me to go for the 1:30 slot but i insisted 12 and it was very very quiet no one else there.

i quick question we thinking if we do get it we go straight to the uk and rediret our mail as my wife won't get her full residence card here in ireland until september 26th do you think it be ok just to drive back for 1 day to collect it instead of hanging about in ireland for a month for it? the reason for this is we just almost out of money and just need to get back home really and thought of waiting another month after getting the eu permit just seems like a major drag

thoughts on this from others would be great as i feel it be easier for us just to come back for it

benfares

Post by benfares » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:17 pm

Hi Robster

If We get it hopefully we are planning to do that come back for it if not just stay in england and apply for uk residence card. :D

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:57 pm

yeah i think it would save a lot of cost i mean its an mule having to get the ferry back over as my wife can't fly as she pregnant but it would save a month of rent and food bills and i noticed my wife temp card is valid a month after 26th sep so there always that chance of more delay from the irish immigration so could even be longer then a month. just hope we get our eu permit i think i cry if we dont but we covered a lot of paper work and we been here over 7 months with pay slips to show

benfares

Post by benfares » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:14 pm

I knw what you mean, yr case is strong you will get it hopefully dont stress. She can still travel with the plane i did when i was 8 months pregnant went morocco.

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:09 pm

thats good to know so could fly to dublin then, can u use the temp stamp 4 to re enter ireland ok?

benfares

Post by benfares » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:27 pm

You can get a re-entry visa thats if u dont get the eea family permit (hopefully u will) with an eea family permit u can enter ireland and england as many times you want

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:29 pm

yeah fingers crossed, so with eea family permit would i still need to get my wife the re enter visa for ireland?