ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (general) application from outside UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Tier 2 (general) application from outside UK

Post by Shah1698 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:02 pm

Hi experts,

I know this question was asked earlier by others but their visa situation was different than me.

I am currently in India, hold valid UK visit visa (valid up to September 14th 2015) . Now my employer is going to assign me RCoS this week (Tier 2 general) but stumbled upon this question -

Do you need to leave and re-enter the UK during the period of approval?

Please advise - Should my employer say Yes/ No for this question (I won't be in the UK during approval time but I am applying outside the uk, I.e., India )

Its very urgent.. Pls advise.
Shah

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do you need to leave and re-enter the UK during the peri

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:11 pm

In my opinion the answer would be NO as you are not in the UK so there is no need for your to 'leave'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nasmc92
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nasmc92 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:34 pm

NO

Please select option 'NO'

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Tier 2 general online visa application question -Please help

Post by Shah1698 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:13 pm

Hi Experts,

Whilst filling my UK Tier 2 general online visa application (Out of country application), I stumbled upon this question but I am not sure what should I give the address as I haven't arranged any accommodation in the UK yet. I am applying visa from India.

Should I mention the employer's address who has sponsored me? or any hotel address (As I am planning to stay in a hotel for the first week of employment and then arrange a suitable accommodation in the UK) but I am not sure if we can give hotel address for Tier 2 application.

Question: - What is the main address and contact details of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance.
Shah

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:32 pm

Please keep your queries regarding your Tier 2 application in a single topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 2 (general) application from outside UK

Post by Shah1698 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:54 pm

Hi Experts,

I am applying Tier 2 general visa for myself and my dependents at the same time (outside UK). Am I right in thinking that applying at same time is just filling out individual visa online applications separately, getting appointment on the same day and submitting all the documents?

Or is there any different procedure to apply main applicant and dependents at the same time, so I can claim maintenance points for my dependents based on my CoS (where my sponsor certified maintenance for me but did not provide any separate maintenance letter for my dependents)

Please clarify.
Shah

Shah1698
Member of Standing

TIER 2 General - Dependent doubts

Post by Shah1698 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:50 am

Hi guys/ experts,

I am applying Tier 2 general for dependents from India. Should I need to get the original birth and marriage certificate attested before I submit the visa application? If anyone had applied dependent visa from India, could you please let me know if this is a mandatory requirement please?

Kindly advise.
Shah

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:05 am

Probably required:
Marriage certificate for spouse.
Birth certifcate for child.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: TIER 2 General - Dependent doubts

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:15 am

Shah1698 wrote:Should I need to get the original birth and marriage certificate attested before I submit the visa application?
How does one get an "original document" attested? One gets "copies" attested or certified!

newuser79
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by newuser79 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi All,

I learnt another thing today that the birth certificate and marriage certificate has to be attested.

will get on with it now and get them ready

As far as i know, they will sign the original document and put their seal on it. Hope its enough?

Thanks

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Many thanks Vinny and Sushdmehta,

I have another query, I would be grateful if you help me for this -

I was told that when I apply Tier 2 visa (out of country - first time) for myself and my dependents at same time, when my sponsor has certified maintenance in CoS for main applicant but not issued any separate letter for dependents maintenance, is accepted by UKVI.

But when I search UKVI guidance, it seems to be it's mandatory to submit separate maintenance letter for dependents even when I apply at same time

Did i miss anything? is it really mandatory? Kindly advise.
Shah

SProgrammer
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 general online visa application question -Please

Post by SProgrammer » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:28 am

Shah1698 wrote:Hi Experts,

Whilst filling my UK Tier 2 general online visa application (Out of country application), I stumbled upon this question but I am not sure what should I give the address as I haven't arranged any accommodation in the UK yet. I am applying visa from India.

Should I mention the employer's address who has sponsored me? or any hotel address (As I am planning to stay in a hotel for the first week of employment and then arrange a suitable accommodation in the UK) but I am not sure if we can give hotel address for Tier 2 application.

Question: - What is the main address and contact details of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance.
Hi Shah,
Did you come to know what is the best approach ? I am in the same situation and answer is urgent !

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:08 am

Hi SProgrammer - I entered my sponsor address for this question. I think it should be fine as you do not have a UK address.
Shah

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:12 am

Shah1698 wrote:Many thanks Vinny and Sushdmehta,

I was told that when I apply Tier 2 visa (out of country - first time) for myself and my dependents at same time, when my sponsor has certified maintenance in CoS for main applicant but not issued any separate letter for dependents maintenance, is accepted by UKVI.

But when I search UKVI guidance, it seems to be it's mandatory to submit separate maintenance letter for dependents even when I apply at same time

Hi Sushdmehta, Vinny, Manci, iworker and moonlight - can someone please advise --- it 's urgent. your help is very much appreciated. Huge thanks in advance.
Shah

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:25 pm

Shah1698 wrote:
Shah1698 wrote:Many thanks Vinny and Sushdmehta,

Hi Sushdmehta, Vinny, Manci, iworker and moonlight - can someone please advise --- it 's urgent. your help is very much appreciated. Huge thanks in advance.
Apologies for not being patience - Can someone expert please advise me as my HR in the UK is on leave for the rest of week and following week. I have filled everything just need to make the payment and get VFS appointment for myself (Main applicant) and my dependent applications.

I am in big dilemma - Should I wait till my HR gets back and provide me a separate maintenance letter for my dependent application? or can I submit my dependent application with CoS print copy as an evidence of maintenance?

Kindly advise.
Shah

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:41 pm

There's a beautiful function called "search". Try it - you may find the answer to your query on your own and within 5 minutes!

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:04 pm

Thanks sushdmehta -

I searched it and found that if I am applying the dependent visa at same as mine (Main applicant), where the sponsor has certified maintenance on CoS, without any sponsor note - then a separate letter is not required but I could not find this info in Tier 2 guidance (Perhaps, I may not be looking at the correct guidance)

I am just wondering if someone share me the link about maintenance for dependents applying at same time. Sorry I am being over meticulous about my visa application.
Shah

SProgrammer
Newly Registered

Post by SProgrammer » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:14 pm

Shah1698 wrote:Thanks sushdmehta -

I searched it and found that if I am applying the dependent visa at same as mine (Main applicant), where the sponsor has certified maintenance on CoS, without any sponsor note - then a separate letter is not required but I could not find this info in Tier 2 guidance (Perhaps, I may not be looking at the correct guidance)

I am just wondering if someone share me the link about maintenance for dependents applying at same time. Sorry I am being over meticulous about my visa application.
Hi Shah,
I have also been reading on this, and found the following:
In the PBS (Dependant) POLICY GUIDANCE Page 14, It states as follows:

Family member of a Tier 2 Migrant
57. You must have £630 to support yourself.
58. This requirement can be met by:
• having savings of £630 which must have been held for at least three months prior to the date of application; or
•the Tier 2 A-rated sponsor providing a written undertaking that, should it become necessary, it will maintain and accommodate the family member for a month. The undertaking may be limited provided the limit is at least £630 per family member

so, I believe the letter is required from your new employer. this was also confirmed by my new employer.
hope this helps. good luck:-)

SProgrammer

SProgrammer
Newly Registered

Post by SProgrammer » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:19 pm

Shah1698 wrote:Hi SProgrammer - I entered my sponsor address for this question. I think it should be fine as you do not have a UK address.
thanks Shah for your quick response!. Were you able to confirm this from someone? I think this is crucial because collection of BRP card is dependent on this info and it would look weird putting an office address. (or may be Im just being over cautious!)

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:45 pm

@SProgrammer - We cannot give any other address as we are not living in the UK, are we? Here is the link where I found this - https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/uploads/prod ... _Guide.pdf

Can you share me the full letter that your employer has provided to you for your dependents (remove personal details, like your name and employer details, etc but keep the address of high commission)?

If you want to send me - Please send here or email me at email removed - moderator edit
May I know which city are you applying from?
Last edited by CR001 on Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removal of personal contact information
Shah

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:44 pm

Shah1698 wrote:Sorry I am being over meticulous about my visa application.
Always do that!
Read the last row of the table on page 10 (of 43) of this document.

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:58 pm

Great, thanks sushdmehta. It is very much appreciated.
Shah

SProgrammer
Newly Registered

Post by SProgrammer » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:35 am

Shah1698 wrote:@SProgrammer - We cannot give any other address as we are not living in the UK, are we? Here is the link where I found this - https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/uploads/prod ... _Guide.pdf

Can you share me the full letter that your employer has provided to you for your dependents (remove personal details, like your name and employer details, etc but keep the address of high commission)?

If you want to send me - Please send here or email me at email removed - moderator edit
May I know which city are you applying from?
Hi Shah,

A hotel can also be booked perhaps? I did search a lot on the internet on this and the information is inconsistent.
Within this forum itself , within one of the older posts I believe Manci suggested to write something which implied applicant is still seeking accomodation, while in a later post moonlight suggested office address. So one approach would be to go with the latest available information and write the office address.

Moderators, requesting you to please please respond on this . This will help a lot of people .

Regarding Maintainence letter, Use the following as reference.
https://workspace.imperial.ac.uk/hr/pub ... letter.doc

Update as per your need and situation

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:53 pm

Hi SProgrammer - What did you decide mate? You going to mention office address or anything else?

Also, which city are you applying from?
Shah

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:26 pm

How about writing the truth? e.g. - (Accommodation) Not yet decided.