ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on English Language requirement (point calculator)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gautam.more
Newly Registered

Advice on English Language requirement (point calculator)

Post by gautam.more » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:30 pm

Hi,
I am filling form AN and would be grateful if someone please give advice on the issue of English language requirement.
I had been in this country through Tier 1 General route. and to claim points for English language i have used Degree certificate (outside UK) and point based calculator for Tier 1.
My question is , on point based calculator it no longer shows Tier 1 general category. do i need to take print of Tier 2 (General) category instead?
one of my friend who recently applied said that he had submitted last 12 months of bank statement as well to show fund availability (which i understand is not requirement for for Naturalization) .

thanks in advance.

gautam.more
Newly Registered

Point based Calculator

Post by gautam.more » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:27 am

Hi All,
could anyone advice me on the following issue please?
as proof of Knowledge of English , i will be producing Master's degree (outside UK) and Point based calculator print out.
my specific question was , only option to pick from point based calculator was Tier 2 (General) as Tier 1 (General) no longer available, do i need to also produce proof of funds (As i understand its not required). someone i know had applied for naturalisation mentioned to me that he submitted bank statements for last 12 months.
Could group admin advice please. i am intending to apply in first week of September.

Thanks in advance.

chowkal

Re: Point based Calculator

Post by chowkal » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:22 am

Hi
1) Yes you can use the PBS print out (Tier 2) as proof of English Language. Assuming that the the university/college is listed in PBS
2) Bank Statments or P60's are good to provide though not mandatory
3) No Proof of funds are required to be provided as evidence, as part of Naturalisation

Good Luck on your application

gautam.more
Newly Registered

Post by gautam.more » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:04 pm

Thanks a lot for clarification chowkal.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Re: Advice on English Language requirement (point calculator

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:03 pm

My question is , on point based calculator it no longer shows Tier 1 general category. do i need to take print of Tier 2 (General) category instead?
You can take print out from any catergory to get PBS points.
one of my friend who recently applied said that he had submitted last 12 months of bank statement as well to show fund availability (which i understand is not requirement for for Naturalization) .
Not required

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:11 pm

Topics merged.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!