ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Blinxy
Mood:
Senegal

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Blinxy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:50 pm

MARCH

Pending:

. Ioana27 - COA 11.03
. Nefertari - COA 20.03
. Hsahyonni - COA 21.03
. Vicky - COA 23.03
. Imran1984 - COA 27.03
. Raf7 - COA 28.03
. Ukstorm1 - COA 29.03
. Aleksandrija COA 30.03 (On the way!)
. Gdevkota - COA 31.03

Received (COA - RC date)

rc 0222015 3/3/2015 - 7/7/2015
iyk13 5/3/2015 - 24/7/2015
mcss 12/3/2015 - 16/7/2015
Toraqa 20/3/2015 - 28/7/2015
Mileman 31/3/2015 - 6/8/2015

Other decisions/appeals needed:

. Blinxy - COA 25.03 - 12.08 Refusal because Husband change work and new contract wasn't sent
13.08 decide Not to appeal but sent application for reconsideration with Husband new contract.
Reconsideration acceptance : pending
RC: pending

Bellan
Newly Registered

Post by Bellan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:58 pm

Mileman wrote:
Bellan wrote:Hi everyone,

Quick question, I had requested my passport and marriage certificate back (so I can travel) and I'm wondering if I should send my marriage certificate back in? The home office and visa and immigration are saying no, but I'm not too sure! Id prefer they have it when they process my application. Any advice or thoughts?

If you gave them enough time with your papers, you are fine requesting everything back.

They usually need 10/15 business days with them from date of COA.
No, wasn't 10/15 working days I'm afraid. The home office is saying that my documents have already been checked as valid and to not send them unless requested. I dunno, I just feel nervous that they are going to get to my application and see no marriage certificate and just reject it!

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:57 pm

Hi Guys

My wife was student by the time I have applied for EEA FM. But now she works past time and she doesnt have any written contract.
I have sent a cover letter to Liverpool with some supporting documents ( Emails that proves my wife has been looking for jobs)
Now she has got the job and I want to write another letter.
Although she doesnt have written contract, she gets confirmation emails before every shift.
Can I print them and send as an evidence?

I know Mileman had same situation as me, His wife was student aswell but he hasnt got any problem.

I dont know what to do, Please Advice me.

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:54 pm

bilirserdar wrote:Hi Guys

My wife was student by the time I have applied for EEA FM. But now she works past time and she doesnt have any written contract.
I have sent a cover letter to Liverpool with some supporting documents ( Emails that proves my wife has been looking for jobs)
Now she has got the job and I want to write another letter.
Although she doesnt have written contract, she gets confirmation emails before every shift.
Can I print them and send as an evidence?

I know Mileman had same situation as me, His wife was student aswell but he hasnt got any problem.

I dont know what to do, Please Advice me.
Bili, you have a 21/5 COA, which means your application is close to being three months.

There is a good chance that your wife´s contracts arrive there while your application is being reviewed, there is nothing to lose if you send them, just be SUPER clear on the case id, your name, hers, your passport numbers, etc.

A few posters mentioned that the job proof they have been sending had a stamp from the employer or something of the sort, it could help if you got something along those lines.

But yes, as you mentioned, I applied with my wife as a student, I was quite clear that she was becoming a job seeker after July 5th and fortunately I did not have any trouble.
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months:

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:27 pm

Guys, I want to ask do you get your acknowledge letter by email or by post or both? If both, which one comes first?

macwil
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application process time 2015

Post by macwil » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:59 pm

UKBA...ARRG wrote:
macwil wrote:hi can anyone tell me how much time it takes to process EEA2 Residence card. I applied on 2 July and BRP submited on 10 July and no sign after that. I neither get COA letter nor Right to Work letter. Should I asked them to send me one?
Thank you. your reply will be of great help
Hi macwil. We have the same timelines (submitted 30/6/15) and I have heard nothing back. I have called them today and they informed me that it now takes 8 weeks from submission to issue a COA!!!!
hi, my friend and me applied on same day i.e. 2/7/2015 and he got his COA last week and i didnt.

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:11 pm

macwil wrote:
UKBA...ARRG wrote:
macwil wrote:hi can anyone tell me how much time it takes to process EEA2 Residence card. I applied on 2 July and BRP submited on 10 July and no sign after that. I neither get COA letter nor Right to Work letter. Should I asked them to send me one?
Hi macwil. We have the same timelines (submitted 30/6/15) and I have heard nothing back. I have called them today and they informed me that it now takes 8 weeks from submission to issue a COA!!!!
hi, my friend and me applied on same day i.e. 2/7/2015 and he got his COA last week and i didnt.
Macwil, Indeed, I've called many time they repeatedly told it takes 6-8 weeks to issue COA. Btw, you could send an email to ask one.
Meanwhile, can I ask you when did you get acknowledge letter, in email or in post? And then BRP letter?
Because I re-applied two weeks ago, no acknowledge letter nor BRP letter...

bashyboy144

Post by bashyboy144 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:41 pm

Nina Roche wrote:Guys, I want to ask do you get your acknowledge letter by email or by post or both? If both, which one comes first?
Happened to me as well only 1 payment was withdrawn but received acknowledgement for both applications and after a month they returned the application as invalid and stated that we asked only payment to be taken although they were two applications .
So keep in mind even you get the acknowledgement for both applications still you need to make sure both payments are taken otherwise after sometime they might return your application

macwil
Newly Registered

Post by macwil » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:46 pm

Mileman wrote:
Mac, standard times are at least 6 months for 95% of the applications,some may go over that. If you have a straightforward case, some RCs have been issued as fast as 4/4.5 months from the date of COA. And there are people who are way over the six months unfortunately.

As far as COAs go, there are a few different sources of info...latest has been that they are taking up to 15 working days from the biometrics date to send the COA, but we have seen cases take longer and some take less.

I hope this helps.
Hi mileman, thanks very much for your previous replies.
I am a non EEA national married to EEA and came here in UK on Family permit which got expired 4th of august, and I have applied for Residence card last month.
now I have a situation, I need to go to India (my home country) very urgent as my granny is not well. I have submitted my passport to UKBA for Residence card.
1. so can I ask my passport back and if so can I travel with expired visa to India.
2. My application will be cancelled if i ask my passport back.
3. can I apply for Family permit in India (again) to come back to UK.
4. Do I need to reapply for Residence card after I come back from India or it gets continue from where I have withdrawn my passport.

Thanks very much for your reply.

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:55 pm

bashyboy144 wrote:
Nina Roche wrote:Guys, I want to ask do you get your acknowledge letter by email or by post or both? If both, which one comes first?
Happened to me as well only 1 payment was withdrawn but received acknowledgement for both applications and after a month they returned the application as invalid and stated that we asked only payment to be taken although they were two applications .
So keep in mind even you get the acknowledgement for both applications still you need to make sure both payments are taken otherwise after sometime they might return your application
Thanks bashboy for your answer!

I'm worried about that to happen, that's why I called. But they(call center staff) just ask me to wait. If there is anything wrong, home office will contact us... So basically I can't find anyway to ask them to fix this. Do you have any suggestion ? It is devastating because they already mishandled my first application and waste my two months. And now if this is going to happen again... It's killing me everyday...

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:22 am

aurora77 wrote:
bashyboy144 wrote:
aurora77 wrote:Hi everyone! I'm new here. I mailed my EEA FM together with my husband's EEA QP application on 29th April to HO.. I used the special delivery with a tracking code. The package was received the next day according to the post office website. Checked my account and only one application fee was deducted. I'm a bit concerned. Do they usually do this (charging one application fee a day) or should I give them a call on Tuesday? Haven't received confirmation letter also. Anyway, happy long weekend guys!
Hi aurora77 .... Just thought to let you know I applied on 24th march . Eea efm and eea qp ... They deducted only one fee on 30th march ... They were not deducting the other fee and later on sent the application back saying that we have sent two applications sponsor and dependant so it has to be 110 pounds and not 55 . Although we did mention separate bank details on both applications . That is really frustrating . They sent me the application back on 19th April . I applied again on 20th April explaining them that I wanted them to take fee for two applications obviously . But this time they haven't deducted anything which is quite strange !! You better ring them I guess . I will try ringing them tomorrow
bashyboy144, I don't know what's going on with the Home Office but they just messed up with my application fee just like yours. They returned my application after a month to tell me that there was no payment form sent, but the charged me two £65. This is just high class incompetence!
I guess this drove me crazy, I can't sleep well. I random search out your post. I can't believe this is going to happen to me again. I don't know how to inform them to take second payment. Just wanted to ask you how's your second application? Does it go well?

kristo

Post by kristo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:19 am

Nina Roche wrote:
aurora77 wrote:Hi everyone! I'm new here. I mailed my EEA FM together with my husband's EEA QP application on 29th April to HO.. I used the special delivery with a tracking code. The package was received the next day according to the post office website. Checked my account and only one application fee was deducted. I'm a bit concerned. Do they usually do this (charging one application fee a day) or should I give them a call on Tuesday? Haven't received confirmation letter also. Anyway, happy long weekend guys!
Hi aurora77 .... Just thought to let you know I applied on 24th march . Eea efm and eea qp ... They deducted only one fee on 30th march ... They were not deducting the other fee and later on sent the application back saying that we have sent two applications sponsor and dependant so it has to be 110 pounds and not 55 . Although we did mention separate bank details on both applications . That is really frustrating . They sent me the application back on 19th April . I applied again on 20th April explaining them that I wanted them to take fee for two applications obviously . But this time they haven't deducted anything which is quite strange !! You better ring them I guess . I will try ringing them tomorrow
bashyboy144, I don't know what's going on with the Home Office but they just messed up with my application fee just like yours. They returned my application after a month to tell me that there was no payment form sent, but the charged me two £65. This is just high class incompetence![/quote]

I guess this drove me crazy, I can't sleep well. I random search out your post. I can't believe this is going to happen to me again. I don't know how to inform them to take second payment. Just wanted to ask you how's your second application? Does it go well?[/quote]

Hello Nina, is really sad situation you have here, and this been your second application, I think you should write them on EuroBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk explaining your situation and to request for biometrics and COA, and if no positive reply, maybe you can withdraw your application and reapply but at this time try to make your payments via Postal Order or apply alone for residence card because multiple payments via credit card might be blocked by your bank. In my own case HO didnt confirm my right to work because i didnt summit my wife payslip, so i wrote to that email, explaining my situation and the adviced me to withdraw and reapply, and promised to send my application fee via check. So i finally reapplied on 10/08/2015. Sorry about your situation, i wish you all the best, God bless you

kristo

Post by kristo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:27 am

App received : 20/07/2015
Biometrics and COA No right to work : 27/07/2015
App withdrawn : 27/07/2015
Second app received : 11/08/2015
Biometrics/COA/RC: Pending (Successful by Gods grace)

bashyboy144

Post by bashyboy144 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:06 am

I guess this drove me crazy, I can't sleep well. I random search out your post. I can't believe this is going to happen to me again. I don't know how to inform them to take second payment. Just wanted to ask you how's your second application? Does it go well?[/quote]

Nina Roche
Well I sent again on 20th April but they returned after two weeks again this time they wanted it on new forms as 6th April the forms were changed with the introduction of bio metrics . So than 3rd time I was super pissed off and frustrated so just applied 1 application for residence card and till now biometrics n COA done so it's going ok now . I didn't want to send two applications again as I think even you explain clearly and write covering letter but they can always say you asked for 1 payment. The registration card for EEA national is not compulsory to apply . You can apply that later on or people get it done in premium service which is same day service .

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:36 am

yeah, I think sending two applications is too much for them to handle, if you know what I mean. Doing the premium service is not a bad idea, although when I tried to look it up a few months back, it didn't indicate it was free for EEA nationals but I guess it's only £65 according to others who tried it. After proving that the EEA is indeed a QP, the EEA FM is easier for them to process because of the registration certificate. What do you think of my theory guys? As what I've recalled from one post here in the forum, 'we should work with the caseworker and not work against them'. So the easier we make it for them, the faster our application process will be. So is it us or them? - Early morning thoughts

lyztge

Post by lyztge » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:15 am

aurora77 wrote:yeah, I think sending two applications is too much for them to handle, if you know what I mean. Doing the premium service is not a bad idea, although when I tried to look it up a few months back, it didn't indicate it was free for EEA nationals but I guess it's only £65 according to others who tried it. After proving that the EEA is indeed a QP, the EEA FM is easier for them to process because of the registration certificate. What do you think of my theory guys? As what I've recalled from one post here in the forum, 'we should work with the caseworker and not work against them'. So the easier we make it for them, the faster our application process will be. So is it us or them? - Early morning thoughts
Strongly agree.......

lyztge

Post by lyztge » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:22 am

Nina Roche wrote: I guess this drove me crazy, I can't sleep well. I random search out your post. I can't believe this is going to happen to me again. I don't know how to inform them to take second payment. Just wanted to ask you how's your second application? Does it go well?
Would it perhaps help for you to book an appointment at the premier service to find out about the QP application?

gdevkota

Post by gdevkota » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:33 pm

waiting postman everymorning infront of my door drive me crazy day by day. No matter wats da outcome just wanna know da result as mine, my child n my wife's passport been stocked together with all rest of documents at HO... HOLYYY COWWWW :mrgreen:

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:04 pm

haha! I've been constantly opening my door as well trying to check if I've got a post from HO.. My neighbor might probably think I'm insane or something.

gdevkota

Post by gdevkota » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:10 pm

aurora77 wrote:haha! I've been constantly opening my door as well trying to check if I've got a post from HO.. My neighbor might probably think I'm insane or something.
wats ur timeline btw?

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:30 pm

macwil wrote:
Mileman wrote:
Mac, standard times are at least 6 months for 95% of the applications,some may go over that. If you have a straightforward case, some RCs have been issued as fast as 4/4.5 months from the date of COA. And there are people who are way over the six months unfortunately.

As far as COAs go, there are a few different sources of info...latest has been that they are taking up to 15 working days from the biometrics date to send the COA, but we have seen cases take longer and some take less.

I hope this helps.
Hi mileman, thanks very much for your previous replies.
I am a non EEA national married to EEA and came here in UK on Family permit which got expired 4th of august, and I have applied for Residence card last month.
now I have a situation, I need to go to India (my home country) very urgent as my granny is not well. I have submitted my passport to UKBA for Residence card.
1. so can I ask my passport back and if so can I travel with expired visa to India.
2. My application will be cancelled if i ask my passport back.
3. can I apply for Family permit in India (again) to come back to UK.
4. Do I need to reapply for Residence card after I come back from India or it gets continue from where I have withdrawn my passport.

Thanks very much for your reply.
Macwil, here is what I know:

Your application will not be cancelled if you ask for your passport back, make sure when you ask for your documents back, you DONT tick the box that says withdraw application.
When you come back from India, you will need to present on top of your passport, your COA and your marriage certificate to the EEA national.
By doing this your process still goes on, and you won´t need to re-apply for anything, as long as you are within your COA´s validity, which is six months.

How long has the HO had your documents and how long will you be away from the UK?

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:20 pm

Mileman you are forgetting that the airway company will not let him board on his way back without a valid visa...
Application sent: 25.06
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016

Luz96
Newly Registered

Post by Luz96 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:33 pm

Thank God I just received my RC today 14th August 2015
My time line is as follows I came to the UK on Family permit.
Application send 10th March 2015
Home office received my application 12 March 2015
COA 18 March 2015.
RC received 14 August 2015 ,issue 30 july 2015.
I pray for everyone that is still waiting for there RC it will soon come to pass ,this forum has being very helpful to me. I wish you all the very best .

Chalkycheese
Newly Registered

Post by Chalkycheese » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:42 pm

Been reading this forum for a while now, but only just joined. I applied as the unmarried partner of an EEA citizen back in April, so hopefully my RC will be coming soon.
But I've just realised that my biometrics letter came with my COA. It seems now that everyone has had to go and do their biometrics and then they recieve their COA a few weeks later. Am I missing something? Has my COA got lost in the post and I just never realised it?
The letter that I think is my COA says Confirmation of Application and it gives me no rights to work etc which I assumed is what everyone else was getting. Am I wrong?

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:36 pm

alex1128 wrote:Mileman you are forgetting that the airway company will not let him board on his way back without a valid visa...

It depends on the country where the national is from, not sure if UK asks Indian citizens for a Visa when they come as tourists for example.

If they don´t, then by showing customs the other documents he should be fine.