ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by bruteforce » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:52 pm

no, ritesh0884

Mali1212
Newly Registered

Post by Mali1212 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:10 am

Omor4real wrote:
Raza.raja wrote:Dear mali1212
I believe this is a criminal conviction as far I know cuz it has happened to my cuzion if you had accepted it on the first hand without court being involved in it it would have been a simple case but best to consult a solicitors regarding that and if it is don't make a mistake by applying for ilr cuz it will get refused until it clears which could take three years if I am not mistaken

Raja is right is a criminal record, the fact that you went to court, but he will still have to make an application to legalise his stay HO will just give you limited leave. Am sure you can't receive indefinite leave until after 3 years starting from that court date.

Thank you guys for prompt reply, my appointment is booked and fees is also paid, I been to few solicitors and not very clear answer but most common reply from all is the case worker can ignore it as it is only one conviction. I have applied for pnc police records from the computer, but I was appearing 28 days early solicitors advised that let the time complete for a full 10 years.

I have viewed this forum where people were granted with these offences even from court, also guide line suggest that if the conviction is minor case worker can still make positive results as it is a minor offence and there were no extended penalties and court sentence the same thing as police officer

Plz guys share your experiences as it will help others to make positive decisions. I am so much confused but hopeful at the same time.

Thanks plz bring up your knowledge.....

mii4
Newly Registered

Post by mii4 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:03 am

Arsal385 wrote:
mii4 wrote:
mii4 wrote:Hi guys,
Can someone help on the following issue if someone had similar history or know similar case as I am going to apply for my long residence ilr:

- came to UK July 2005 on student visa
- during my leave to remain in UK as student, one of student visa extensions (2009) was rejected, given right to appeal, later appeal was rejected, appealed for reconsideration and later went to high court. While I was waiting for the outcome on my high court appeal I completed my degree. I withdrew my appeal from high court and sent an application for PSW and I was granted PSW. Later I switched to Tier2.

Could you please let me know if above issue of rejection would effect my long term residency? Just to add, I was given right to appeal on each occasion and did appeal within given period of time too.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

MII.

Hi All,

Can someone please help on this issue?

Kind Regards,
Ask Home office for your SAR record and check if there is any anomaly in your history. Home office usually relies on that record to check individual's immigration status.
Arsal385,
Many thanks for the feedback and Advice. It makes good sense. I have requested the SAR, do you know how long normally it takes to get SAR info? Would you think if SAR says "no valid visa for "x" period of time (during which my appeal was under consideration) then ILR application has more chances of refusal and if SAR doesn't say such thing or appeal under consideration then it there are good chances with ILR application?

many thanks again for the feedback.

Kind Regards,

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:20 pm

[/quote]
Arsal385,
Many thanks for the feedback and Advice. It makes good sense. I have requested the SAR, do you know how long normally it takes to get SAR info? Would you think if SAR says "no valid visa for "x" period of time (during which my appeal was under consideration) then ILR application has more chances of refusal and if SAR doesn't say such thing or appeal under consideration then it there are good chances with ILR application?

Kind Regards,

SAR usually takes 40 calendar days to arrive. SAR contains huge amount of detailed information. Including case worker remarks on your previous applications, court decision on your appeal etc. There is one summary table which contains information like when was your visa expired and when did you apply for your extension and if there is any gap between two visas, it usually states the reason. Its too early to say anything at the moment, you will need to have a thorough look at your record and decide whether you are OK to apply for ILR without any problem or not.

LR2015

Post by LR2015 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:43 pm

Alhamdulillah by the grace of Almighty Allah my st Ilr has been approved at PEO.

They didn't ask any questions.

Thank you all for your help and best of luck with your cases.

linmkhan
Newly Registered

Post by linmkhan » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:23 am

HI GUYS ,
SHUKAR ALHAMDULILLAH .. I got my ILR on 24th of July
After a long wait ... I will update board in detail soon ... .. people on this board are amazing ..I wish a good luck to everyone ..

Will get back soon for the details of my process

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:00 am

My wife SET(LR) time line ILR applied: 31/07/2015 Debit of fees:03/08/2015
biometric letter received : 10/08/2015
biometric given: 15/08/2015
approval: waiting
documents received with BRP card: waiting After 4 month she got her SAR report today we send the complaint letter and request them to send it with in the 7 days finally they did it , her SAR shows her history everything fine all visa made in time never had any fee issues.hope she will get soon .

mii4
Newly Registered

Post by mii4 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:54 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
Arsal385,

Kind Regards,

SAR usually takes 40 calendar days to arrive. SAR contains huge amount of detailed information. Including case worker remarks on your previous applications, court decision on your appeal etc. There is one summary table which contains information like when was your visa expired and when did you apply for your extension and if there is any gap between two visas, it usually states the reason. Its too early to say anything at the moment, you will need to have a thorough look at your record and decide whether you are OK to apply for ILR without any problem or not.[/quote]

Many thanks for the information.

SJ307

Post by SJ307 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:01 am

Time to share the good news. My ILR was approved last Friday (14/08/2015) PEO Croydon. All it took was 1hour 10minutes from entering the building to get the approval letter.

My case was straight forward (I think!) - 5 years student visa + 2 years PSW + 3 years Tier 2 General. Total 151 days out of the country. No over-stay or refusal.

The documents I submitted.
1. Passports - 2 (New + Old one with the previous visas)
2. BRP card
3. LIUK cert
4. PhD cert and Transcript
5. Letter from the employer (not essential, but I submitted as additional document)

What made my application process faster is, the onw table I created and submitted with the application form - showing immigration histroy with dates in one columns and scanned image of visa in another column. I made this table as I thought it would be easier for the case worker to see the history.

This forum has been incredibly helpful and the senior members have been always supportive. Thanks a lot guys.

I need to apply for FLR(M) for my wife and MN1 for son and daughter born here. Wife's FLR(M) appointment is on 27th August (I wanted to give enough gap for my BRP card to arrive). I asked the case worker whether my wife will requrie my BRP card for her FLR(M) appointment. He confirmed that she can apply with the approval letter. I was looking to change her appointment - it doesn't seem to be that we can change it online. I know this forum is for SET (LR) only - but my question is relevant for all PEO appointments. Please let me know if anyone have managed to change PEO appointment online or by other means.Many thanks.

gorangoran

very urgent question

Post by gorangoran » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:21 pm

Hi
please urgent requist.
In the top of page 14 of set lr version August 2015 there is a question.
The question says which country are you tie to.
And gives three option.
Please can i ask some one to open that page and tell me what does it mean or what i should write.
Thanks

Quickreply

Post by Quickreply » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:30 pm

linmkhan wrote:HI GUYS ,
SHUKAR ALHAMDULILLAH .. I got my ILR on 24th of July
After a long wait ... I will update board in detail soon ... .. people on this board are amazing ..I wish a good luck to everyone ..

Will get back soon for the details of my process
Please update your timeline .

gorangoran

Post by gorangoran » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:45 am

Hi please do me this favour. Someone tells me how did he answered this question.
please urgent requist.
And gives three option.
Please can i ask some one to open that page and tell me what does it mean or what i should write.
Thanks

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:50 am

gorangoran wrote:Hi please do me this favour. Someone tells me how did he answered this question.
please urgent requist.
And gives three option.
Thanks
Just write down the country name where u were born and your family ties with that country.

gorangoran

Post by gorangoran » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:05 pm

thank very much you for that:
Below is the exact question in page 14
D13. Please state what ties you have with:
• The country where you were born.
• Any country whose nationality you hold.
• Any country where you have lived for more than five years.
You should tell us about any family, friends or other connections with that country.
Please, is the answer still the same or I need to write down about
that tie me with The country where I was born and
Any country where I have lived for more than five years.
Please, confirm it to me, do you know someone did the same?
Many thanks and much appreciated

ibrahimshaikh
Newly Registered

Post by ibrahimshaikh » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi All,

Its a humble request to everyone in a group to advice me as on which date I will eligible to apply for ilr on
10 years long residence.

There are some variance in entry and exit to UK on numbers of days because of which I don't know on which date I will eligible. Please find my details entry and exit to UK and my first visa issue date:-

First Student Visa Issue: 30/01/2006
Entered UK: 02/06/2006
Leave UK on holiday: 07/01/2008
Entered UK: 25/02/2008
Leave UK on holiday: 27/04/2009
Entered UK: 27/10/2009
Leave UK on holiday: 13/11/11
Entered UK: 25/12/2011

Current Visa Expiry date: 05/01/2016

Thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:27 pm

ibrahimshaikh wrote:Hi All,

Its a humble request to everyone in a group to advice me as on which date I will eligible to apply for ilr on
10 years long residence.

There are some variance in entry and exit to UK on numbers of days because of which I don't know on which date I will eligible. Please find my details entry and exit to UK and my first visa issue date:-

Thanks

U will be eligible for 10 years ILR 28 days early from date of first entry to UK.

Count 28 days backward from 02/june/2006.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:11 pm

ibrahimshaikh wrote: Leave UK on holiday: 27/04/2009

Thanks
absence for almost 6 months. Are you sure?

gorangoran

Post by gorangoran » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:56 am

Hi arsal385.
thank very much you for that and much appreciated.
Please, kindly have a look again and please confirm what i need to write. I am confused.
Below is the exact question in page 14
D13. Please state what ties you have with:
• The country where you were born.
• Any country whose nationality you hold.
• Any country where you have lived for more than five years.
You should tell us about any family, friends or other connections with that country.
Please, is the answer still the same or I need to write down about 
that tie me with The country where I was born and
Any country where I have lived for more than five years.
Please, confirm it to me, do you know someone did the same?
Many thanks and much appreciated

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:38 am

You are 182 out of country

2 days more

It's breaking your continuous leave

Pleaae read guidance notes

Try to get Discrition

Chance is 50/50
Zee ali wrote:
ibrahimshaikh wrote:Hi All,

10 years long residence.

Thanks

U will be eligible for 10 years ILR 28 days early from date of first entry to UK.

Count 28 days backward from 02/june/2006.

ibrahimshaikh
Newly Registered

Post by ibrahimshaikh » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:02 pm

Thanks for quick and helpful answer. So it means I am eligible to apply for Ilr in June 2016 or 28 days before, even though I went on holiday for 6months (182 days) in 2009.So this will count or how long I have to wait for to cover that gap.

Thanks

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:15 pm

You have break in your continuous legal stay

You are more then 6 months

2 days extra

Chance is 50/50

You can

Better complete exact 10 years

Not 28 days early

Take same day service

And request case worker to use Discretion

If you have help of Allah

they will issue you

size=85][/size]quote="ibrahimshaikh"]Thanks for quick and helpful answer. So it means I am eligible to apply for Ilr in June 2016 or 28 days before, even though I went on holiday for 6months (182 days) in 2009.So this will count or how long I have to wait for to cover that gap.

Thanks[/quote]

K4

Post by K4 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:31 pm

hi everyone

received an email from UKVI to attend an interview on 2 september had TOEIC history I know its cuz of TOEIC anyone else got called for interview due to TOEIC?

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:20 pm

K4 wrote:hi everyone

received an email from UKVI to attend an interview on 2 september had TOEIC history I know its cuz of TOEIC anyone else got called for interview due to TOEIC?
Hi K4,
Bro I applied on 13th june 2014 still no call from the home office, i hope you get your decision soon after your interview, where have you been called to ? sheffield or liverpool?

thanks

sandipthakkar
Newly Registered

Post by sandipthakkar » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:20 pm

ritesh0884 wrote:Hi all
I am going to complete my 10 years in 23rd jan 2015. I would like to go in person to get indefinite stay is it possible go 28 days before to get my ILR. your advice will be much appreciable.

Thank you
hi when are u enter in uk and when u got fast grand for stay in uk.? i jast got ILR let me know if u need more halp. its sandip

ILR10Year
Newly Registered

Post by ILR10Year » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:54 pm

K4 wrote:hi everyone

Dear K4
If possible, Can you please PASTE UKVI Email message received here, after hiding your personal details ofcourse!
Thanks