ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nina Roche
China

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Nina Roche » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:59 pm

kristo wrote:
Hello Nina, is really sad situation you have here, and this been your second application, I think you should write them on EuroBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk explaining your situation and to request for biometrics and COA, and if no positive reply, maybe you can withdraw your application and reapply but at this time try to make your payments via Postal Order or apply alone for residence card because multiple payments via credit card might be blocked by your bank. In my own case HO didnt confirm my right to work because i didnt summit my wife payslip, so i wrote to that email, explaining my situation and the adviced me to withdraw and reapply, and promised to send my application fee via check. So i finally reapplied on 10/08/2015. Sorry about your situation, i wish you all the best, God bless you
Thanks a lot Kristo for both your suggestion and your kindness! Just when I considered withdraw and reapply, I received biometrics letter today and immediately enrolled in post office. So now I don't know that one payment withdrawn is for my application or for my husband's. So I'm thinking about what you said, writing an email to them and explain that only one payment withdrawn, and also just to be safe to tell them I enrolled, because staff in post office told me that recently there is some technique problem with HO. Some people enrolled and HO said they did not receive, then they have to reapply and do it again.... It is very scary thing to hear... it seems any step, anything can go wrong with no reason.
Let me know if you have any progress. If I'm "lucky", we should have similar timeline.

Vensai

Post by Vensai » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:15 pm

Chalkycheese wrote:Been reading this forum for a while now, but only just joined. I applied as the unmarried partner of an EEA citizen back in April, so hopefully my RC will be coming soon.
But I've just realised that my biometrics letter came with my COA. It seems now that everyone has had to go and do their biometrics and then they recieve their COA a few weeks later. Am I missing something? Has my COA got lost in the post and I just never realised it?
The letter that I think is my COA says Confirmation of Application and it gives me no rights to work etc which I assumed is what everyone else was getting. Am I wrong?

If are a married partner of EEEA national, you will recieve a CAO with work rights. Typically it takes 3-4 weeks to get the COA with right to work and I tend to believe that they will make some checks to ensure that you are married to a EU national before issuing this with right to work.

In your case, since the application was made as unmarried partner a COA with no right to work was issued. And since no checks had to be made in this case (I think), no delays in issuing the COA.

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:17 pm

bashyboy144 wrote:
Nina Roche
Well I sent again on 20th April but they returned after two weeks again this time they wanted it on new forms as 6th April the forms were changed with the introduction of bio metrics . So than 3rd time I was super pissed off and frustrated so just applied 1 application for residence card and till now biometrics n COA done so it's going ok now . I didn't want to send two applications again as I think even you explain clearly and write covering letter but they can always say you asked for 1 payment. The registration card for EEA national is not compulsory to apply . You can apply that later on or people get it done in premium service which is same day service .
Thanks bashyboy! This is crazy... among three countries I have lived, this is the worst bureaucracy ...
For your 3rd application cover letter, did you explain what happen to your previous two applications in cover letter?
Also, this time, when you send 1 application, you just include your sponsor's (the eea national) document. He/she does not yet have residence certificate right? (I'm thinking in case the 3rd time, whether I should ask my husband to book one-day service and have residence certificate before I apply.

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:40 pm

aurora77 wrote:yeah, I think sending two applications is too much for them to handle, if you know what I mean. Doing the premium service is not a bad idea, although when I tried to look it up a few months back, it didn't indicate it was free for EEA nationals but I guess it's only £65 according to others who tried it. After proving that the EEA is indeed a QP, the EEA FM is easier for them to process because of the registration certificate. What do you think of my theory guys? As what I've recalled from one post here in the forum, 'we should work with the caseworker and not work against them'. So the easier we make it for them, the faster our application process will be. So is it us or them? - Early morning thoughts
In EEA(QP) form , there is a link to book an appointment. here is information I found
"You must pay the following fees per person when you book your appointment:

£400 application fee which includes the £100 booking fee
the fee for your visa type"
I seems by this premium service EEA QP might need to pay 500pounds and 65 pounds for EEA QP. I could be totally wrong... just read what's written there...

I agree that we should make reasonable effort to make things easier for them. However I think I did that both time, such as write a clear cover letter, list all documents, and line up all our documents according to the list order, and put sticker on each one indicating clearly what it is... . I haven't seen it worked...
Also if they could just say you did not sign when I clearly sign it... when they received by special delivery, they say they did not. Everything is only what they say it is instead of what is really is. I just can't think what more I could do.
I don't think they see what their work really mean. Their behavior have consequences , which is essential to other people's life and career.They don't like their job. They just handle it like a machine. No sense of responsibility. They don't think, they don't double check before making an important decision. When they are wrong, it doesn't matter to them. We are ones who bear the consequences. There is always human error in any process, but so much error that they did can be so easily corrected or avoid in early stage. They block communication from us even when we want to help to make things easier and prevent them to make mistakes on their side... They just don't care.
I apologize if I sounds like a bxxxx...

kristo

Post by kristo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:01 pm

Nina Roche wrote:
kristo wrote:
Hello Nina, is really sad situation you have here, and this been your second application, I think you should write them on EuroBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk explaining your situation and to request for biometrics and COA, and if no positive reply, maybe you can withdraw your application and reapply but at this time try to make your payments via Postal Order or apply alone for residence card because multiple payments via credit card might be blocked by your bank. In my own case HO didnt confirm my right to work because i didnt summit my wife payslip, so i wrote to that email, explaining my situation and the adviced me to withdraw and reapply, and promised to send my application fee via check. So i finally reapplied on 10/08/2015. Sorry about your situation, i wish you all the best, God bless you
Thanks a lot Kristo for both your suggestion and your kindness! Just when I considered withdraw and reapply, I received biometrics letter today and immediately enrolled in post office. So now I don't know that one payment withdrawn is for my application or for my husband's. So I'm thinking about what you said, writing an email to them and explain that only one payment withdrawn, and also just to be safe to tell them I enrolled, because staff in post office told me that recently there is some technique problem with HO. Some people enrolled and HO said they did not receive, then they have to reapply and do it again.... It is very scary thing to hear... it seems any step, anything can go wrong with no reason.
Let me know if you have any progress. If I'm "lucky", we should have similar timeline.

You are welcome Nina, i am happy for you, yeah we will have similar timelines, best wishes

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:52 pm

gdevkota wrote:
aurora77 wrote:haha! I've been constantly opening my door as well trying to check if I've got a post from HO.. My neighbor might probably think I'm insane or something.
wats ur timeline btw?
Application sent: 4/7/15
Application received by HO: 7/7/15
Biometrics received: 15/7/15 (dated 7/10/15)
Biometrics enrolled: 18/7/15
COA: pending (27 days already)

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:08 pm

Nina Roche wrote:
aurora77 wrote:yeah, I think sending two applications is too much for them to handle, if you know what I mean. Doing the premium service is not a bad idea, although when I tried to look it up a few months back, it didn't indicate it was free for EEA nationals but I guess it's only £65 according to others who tried it. After proving that the EEA is indeed a QP, the EEA FM is easier for them to process because of the registration certificate. What do you think of my theory guys? As what I've recalled from one post here in the forum, 'we should work with the caseworker and not work against them'. So the easier we make it for them, the faster our application process will be. So is it us or them? - Early morning thoughts
In EEA(QP) form , there is a link to book an appointment. here is information I found

I seems by this premium service EEA QP might need to pay 500pounds and 65 pounds for EEA QP. I could be totally wrong... just read what's written there...

I agree that we should make reasonable effort to make things easier for them. However I think I did that both time, such as write a clear cover letter, list all documents, and line up all our documents according to the list order, and put sticker on each one indicating clearly what it is... . I haven't seen it worked...
Also if they could just say you did not sign when I clearly sign it... when they received by special delivery, they say they did not. Everything is only what they say it is instead of what is really is. I just can't think what more I could do.
I don't think they see what their work really mean. Their behavior have consequences , which is essential to other people's life and career.They don't like their job. They just handle it like a machine. No sense of responsibility. They don't think, they don't double check before making an important decision. When they are wrong, it doesn't matter to them. We are ones who bear the consequences. There is always human error in any process, but so much error that they did can be so easily corrected or avoid in early stage. They block communication from us even when we want to help to make things easier and prevent them to make mistakes on their side... They just don't care.
I apologize if I sounds like a bxxxx...
I hear you Nina, and what you said is not far from the truth. :(

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:19 pm

I just remembered, have you tried sending an email to charging.workpermits@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk ? Maybe they can explain what happend to your payments..

Pursuitofhappiness
Newly Registered

Post by Pursuitofhappiness » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:31 pm

FINALLY!!!!I got my rc today dated 12/08..it's been a lonnnng and frustrating wait..thank u guys for keeping me sane..above all thank God for this day..to all that are waiting just try and be patient..love from me..xox

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Pursuitofhappiness wrote:FINALLY!!!!I got my rc today dated 12/08..it's been a lonnnng and frustrating wait..thank u guys for keeping me sane..above all thank God for this day..to all that are waiting just try and be patient..love from me..xox
Congratulations! What was ur timeline?

bashyboy144

Post by bashyboy144 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:04 pm

Nina Roche wrote:
bashyboy144 wrote:
Nina Roche
Well I sent again on 20th April but they returned after two weeks again this time they wanted it on new forms as 6th April the forms were changed with the introduction of bio metrics . So than 3rd time I was super pissed off and frustrated so just applied 1 application for residence card and till now biometrics n COA done so it's going ok now . I didn't want to send two applications again as I think even you explain clearly and write covering letter but they can always say you asked for 1 payment. The registration card for EEA national is not compulsory to apply . You can apply that later on or people get it done in premium service which is same day service .
Thanks bashyboy! This is crazy... among three countries I have lived, this is the worst bureaucracy ...
For your 3rd application cover letter, did you explain what happen to your previous two applications in cover letter?
Also, this time, when you send 1 application, you just include your sponsor's (the eea national) document. He/she does not yet have residence certificate right? (I'm thinking in case the 3rd time, whether I should ask my husband to book one-day service and have residence certificate before I apply.
Hi yeah I did mention that joke they have been trying to make.yes included sponsors documents and he hasn't got a registration certificate .might apply later on when I get a decision on residence card probably premium service .

Vicky-Vika
Newly Registered

Post by Vicky-Vika » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:20 am

Pursuitofhappiness wrote:FINALLY!!!!I got my rc today dated 12/08..it's been a lonnnng and frustrating wait..thank u guys for keeping me sane..above all thank God for this day..to all that are waiting just try and be patient..love from me..xox

Hi March Club,
Congrats to those got RC already. Today I also got my RC ... dated back to 7th Aug. :D

Kindly share my timeline below, all the best to those still waiting from Feb. or March club. Good luck : )
My EEA RC ( FM) application as below timeline:
14th Mar: Sent out Application
18th Mar: Received confirmation letter from HO about application
23rd Mar: HO Issued COA with right to work
14th Aug: Got RC dated back to 7th Aug.

mark121
Newly Registered

Post by mark121 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:14 am

hi to all my freinds

i am following this forum from long time..
first took me hard time to register first hahahahah
well any way

Submitted my Application 20th may
biometrics: 7th june
COA Recieved: 26 june
RC Pending

Please add me in June Circle

mark121
Newly Registered

Post by mark121 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:16 am

Congratzz to milesman and rest who get their RC

maaberglady45

Post by maaberglady45 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:02 am

Married Partner got it thru Surinder Singh route
Application sent 11.03.15
Received at HO 12.03.15
Confirmation* 13.03.15
COA letter * 18.03.15
**All received on 21.03.15
RC issued on 12.08.15
Received on 14.08.15
Good luck to all u guys waiting and just take it easy.you will get there.positive

Imran1984
Newly Registered

Post by Imran1984 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:06 am

Nefertari wrote:Hi March folks,

Is there any update on belw list ?

Pending:

. Ioana27 - COA 11.03
. Nefertari - COA 20.03
. Hsahyonni - COA 21.03
. Vicky - COA 23.03
. Blinxy - COA 25.03
. Imran1984 - COA 27.03
. Raf7 - COA 28.03
. Ukstorm1 - COA 29.03
. Aleksandrija COA 30.03
. Gdevkota - COA 31.03

Received (COA - RC date)

rc 0222015 3/3/2015 - 7/7/2015
iyk13 5/3/2015 - 24/7/2015
mcss 12/3/2015 - 16/7/2015
Toraqa 20/3/2015 - 28/7/2015
Mileman 31/3/2015 - 6/8/2015

I am still waiting. A little worried now because my wife changed jobs on 29th June but we sent updated info about her new work mid July. She worked continuously but we sent her info two weeks later. Hopefully this wont be an issue as I read above that someone's RC got declined because partner wasn't exercising their Treaty Rights.

Also I am moving on Monday, I don't know whether I should change my address. Luckily the people living here at the moment are our friends so if we receive anything by post they will inform us but I think best would be to update address.

IsraMazuera10
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Post by IsraMazuera10 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:38 pm

Hi Guys! We Still waiting for the RC. We applied the 28th of April. Who has got their RC already? I know some people from March. Anyone else from April?

Anna1912
Newly Registered

Post by Anna1912 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:24 pm

Nina Roche wrote:
... So I'm thinking about what you said, writing an email to them and explain that only one payment withdrawn, and also just to be safe to tell them I enrolled, because staff in post office told me that recently there is some technique problem with HO. Some people enrolled and HO said they did not receive, then they have to reapply and do it again.... It is very scary thing to hear... it seems any step, anything can go wrong with no reason.

Has anyone else notified the HO after enrolling their biometrics? If so how - by email or calling?
Is it a really advisable thing to do?

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:22 pm

COA with Right to Work received at last. Dated 13/8..

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:25 pm

RAUME: biometrics enrolment 23/07/15
coa with right to work 10/08/15 dated 06/08/15

SWEET SNOW WHITE: biometrics enrolment 20/07/15
coa with right to work 08/08/15 dated 06/08/15

ADNAN 12345: biometrics enrolment 23/07/15
coa PENDING...........

DIRK: biometrics enrolment 15/07/15
coa with right to work 05/08/15 dated 03/08/15

UKBA...AARG: biometrics enrolment 08/07/15
coa PENDING............

WHYTELLMEWHY: biometrics enrolment 27/07/15
coa with right to work 08/08/15 dated 05/08/15

AURORA77: biometric enrolment 18/07/15
coa with right to work 15/8/15 (dated 13/7/15)

CHIHANGIR: biometrics enrolment 13/07/15
coa PENDING..............

LYZTGE: biometrics enrolment 17/07/15
coa with right to work 08/08/15 dated 05/08/15

AKZ: biometrics enrolment 27/07/15
coa PENDING..............

BVC1989: biometrics enrolment 04/07/15 (Application sent on 24 June)
coa with right to work 16/07/15

ANYONE ELSE PLZ POST YOUR TIME LINE I BE UPDATING IT AS THE TIME LINE KEEPS COMING FOR JULY APPLICANTS. G

Lo628
Newly Registered

Post by Lo628 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:44 pm

Hi there, has anyone who applied in April received their RC yet?

My timeline:
EEA (extented family member)- unmarried partner application

24.04 Application sent
29.04 Payment taken
13.05 Biometrics given
19.05 COA received (with right to work)
19.05 Requested passports back
03.06 Passports returned

waiting for RC

Hopefully only a few more weeks left to wait?

nanouk
Newly Registered

Post by nanouk » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:22 pm

Hi Lo628,

My timeline is similar...

Posted - 17 April
Bank charge for both - 22 April
Reception letter - 23 april (letter says 21 april)
biometrics letter - 1 may (letter says 28 april)
Biometrics sent - 1 may
COA with Right to work - 5 June ( letter says 2 June)
Waiting for RC...

I even got a job offer, and I'm starting next tuesday :D , hopefully the RC will come soon

nicholas2222
Newly Registered

Post by nicholas2222 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:01 pm

Hi,

I applied my EEA2 in April as well

Posted at 13th April
I think got my COA at 1st of May

Hope I will get my RC soon.

Finger crossed.

IsraMazuera10
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Post by IsraMazuera10 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:06 pm

nicholas2222 wrote:Hi,

I applied my EEA2 in April as well

Posted at 13th April
I think got my COA at 1st of May

Hope I will get my RC soon.

Finger crossed.

I also applied in April.... Stil waiting ! Fingers crossed for all of us!

lyztge

Post by lyztge » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:11 pm

Nina Roche wrote:

I think if you keep clicking during the appointment booking and select your application type, you would see the charge is only 65 in the end. That is what we did early last month at least.......