ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WAITING TIME FOR COA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SAORI1318
Newly Registered

WAITING TIME FOR COA

Post by SAORI1318 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:59 am

hello

hello everyone, i am very worried because my COA doesnot arrive yet.
THIS IS MY TIMELINE:

EEA4 sent special delivery 3/7
Received by HO 5/7
£65 payment taken 7/7
Letter requesting biometrics dated 10/7 Received 15/7
Biometrics provided 15 /7
I HAVE NOT RECEIVED YET ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER
I HAVE NOT RECEIVED COA.

I have been reading in previous post that usually the COA arrived 15 days after the biometrics are provided.
I CALLED ON MONDAY TO THE HO asking about IT, as well as requesting my passports back (due a trip i have to do at the end of the month) i was told how to get the passport back ( i did it on line) but when i asked about the COA just a email address was given to contact them.I sent them a mail on monday and i only got and automatic replay.
My concerns are that even i will get my passports back in 10 days i still will need the coa, because my residence card runs out the end of september, so im concern about having problems when i come back to the country but a RC nearly to expire an no COA and also about my job situation due to the soon expiration of the residence card. Does anybody know how is the maximun time to expect the COA to be issued? or any other way ( phone number or so) to know if the COA has been already issue?
thanks

Happy Prince
Newly Registered

Re: WAITING TIME FOR COA

Post by Happy Prince » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:18 am

Dear i applied in april 2015..still i have not receive my coa yet..just got acknowledgement..nor either bio matrics..i will advice you to not travel untill unless you receive your coa.

SAORI1318
Newly Registered

Post by SAORI1318 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:33 pm

hello, thanks for your repply, since april is a lot time, did you contact them? because i have been reading that in most of the cases COA arrives between 4 to 6 weeks after the application, then the process starts. By this time you only should be expecting to get the permanent residence because is nearly 5 months.

Happy Prince
Newly Registered

Post by Happy Prince » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:11 am

Dear i have same situation like u..applied in april..havent receive coa except acknowledgement letter. I already emailed home office..still no reply.

Happy Prince
Newly Registered

Post by Happy Prince » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:11 am

Dear i have same situation like u..applied in april..havent receive coa except acknowledgement letter. I already emailed home office..still no reply.

Happy Prince
Newly Registered

Post by Happy Prince » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:39 pm

Last week i received the questionaire ..soni filled it and send back to home office. Still no news of coa but solicitor said we have in good position to get RC soon.

SAORI1318
Newly Registered

Post by SAORI1318 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:27 am

hi, i still waiting for COA, i called to the HO and an email was given, I already email to this NWEUROCOARequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk twice and nothing, i am very concern due i need to find a new job and my resident card runs out the 6 of october of this year, the employers are asking me for a proof or my legal status. I know i am legal here after that day because my process for the ee4 already started in july but without the COA is difficult to establish it. Is there another way to contact them to ask for information about the COA?
thanks

SAORI1318
Newly Registered

Post by SAORI1318 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:35 pm

hello
I requested the COA the 23 of October by letter to the Home Office because even I applied the 5 of July and biometrics was provided the 15 of July, that document had not arrived.
I have just received the COA dated as 5 of November where I can read that a decision will be made as soon as possible in any event in the next 6 months. I am very concern due the fact that I applied as I mentioned before in the beginning of July so I have been waiting already 5 months and I was expecting to get any decision by December (6 months).
Now, in the COA that I have just received looks like the time for the application decision process will start in November and that will make me wait 5 more months than I expected. I applied in July with the hope to have my PRC by December or January at the latest due an important trip I need to make to South America.

What should i expect now?? Does the Home Office will take in consideration as the beginning of the process when the application was originally made (July) or the count down will start in November?

thanks

embassyinternational
Newly Registered

Post by embassyinternational » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:56 pm

Good question Saori. My COA was also delayed, though not nearly as long as yours, and I assumed that the 6-month period was from when they received the application and/or took payment, but elsewhere I read that it is from when you get your COA. Not sure if others have clearer info on this?

SAORI1318
Newly Registered

Post by SAORI1318 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:07 pm

hello,
thanks for your reply. I have sent a letter to the home office reggading this situation today. Hope i can get an answer. I found the following post with a situation a bit similar than mine (delay COA). Somebody who apply in June, got the COA in September and the PRC in October. That give me a bit of hope!!!

[Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate
Postby aukro » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:46 am

Hello everyone!
I got PR card yesterday :-)
There's my time line:
Sent application 12.06.2015
HO got the app 15.06.2015
Money taken 18.06.2015
biometrics letter 15.08.2015 ( yeah, it took nearly two months to get it)
Biometrics submitted 15.08.2015
COA arrived 17.09.2015
PR card arrived 6.10.2015
Wish good luck to everybody who still waiting

rag2richies
Newly Registered

Post by rag2richies » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:24 am

Advice please....
Send our Joint EEAPR application which included my eea wife who's the main applicant and myself non eea as the FM on the 12/10/15.
HO received it the second day the 13/10.....
Received email from HO on the 21.10.15.
Received the Bio-metric letter via Post on the 23.10.15 dated 20.10.15 and sent bio-metric back same day 23.10.
My current 5yrs RC will runs out in February

I haven't receive any COA till now. Do anyone know what is going on please????

SAORI1318
Newly Registered

Post by SAORI1318 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Finally I received my PRC the 3/12 and my papers back 2 days after it.
IT was exactly 5 months!!!