ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will a second residency affect eligibility for ILR ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aboLou
Newly Registered

Will a second residency affect eligibility for ILR ?

Post by aboLou » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:00 pm

Hello All,

I am currently applying for a Tier 2 General work permit and would like to maintain my eligibility to apply for ILR at the end of 5 years. My situation is that I also have a UAE residency visa (work-related) on my passport, however I am only in the UAE for 2 weeks in any given year, which does not violate the 180 day out-of-country per 12 month period rule for ILR eligibility.

Will the mere fact that I do have a second residency impact my ability to apply for ILR? Will this be taken as an indication that I was not a full time UK resident during my 5 year period?

I would like to maintain my UAE residency as it is helpful when flying to GCC countries and could be beneficial to my job in the UK for which I am getting a Tier 2 sponsorship. However if it will have any impact on ILR eligibility I will gladly drop it.

Thanks!

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Will a second residency affect eligibility for ILR ?

Post by physicskate » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:51 am

aboLou wrote:Hello All,

I am currently applying for a Tier 2 General work permit and would like to maintain my eligibility to apply for ILR at the end of 5 years. My situation is that I also have a UAE residency visa (work-related) on my passport, however I am only in the UAE for 2 weeks in any given year, which does not violate the 180 day out-of-country per 12 month period rule for ILR eligibility.

Will the mere fact that I do have a second residency impact my ability to apply for ILR? Will this be taken as an indication that I was not a full time UK resident during my 5 year period?

I would like to maintain my UAE residency as it is helpful when flying to GCC countries and could be beneficial to my job in the UK for which I am getting a Tier 2 sponsorship. However if it will have any impact on ILR eligibility I will gladly drop it.

Thanks!
No.