ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension refused - traffic offence not declared

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ckent_2007
Newly Registered

Tier 2 extension refused - traffic offence not declared

Post by ckent_2007 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:39 pm

Hi All,
i have a traffic offence 3 years back IN10 no insurance, given penalty 6 point and 200 pounds fine. Last week, i applied my tier 2 extension through online form, one of the question about traffic offence i written NO as i thought this record was expired and 6 points return to me while i check on the DVLA website

My question is, will this affected my application without declare the expired record?

ckent_2007
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 extension - traffic offence declare

Post by ckent_2007 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:12 pm

just wondering anyone have experience or similar case to this?
another question is, do HO really simply can access DVLA database?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:58 pm

ckent_2007 wrote:just wondering anyone have experience or similar case to this?
Yes, they can and do.

In fact you can it yourself...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ckent_2007
Newly Registered

Post by ckent_2007 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:19 pm

Wanderer wrote:
ckent_2007 wrote:just wondering anyone have experience or similar case to this?
Yes, they can and do.

In fact you can it yourself...
right, any thought on my case ?

Kam1234
Newly Registered

Post by Kam1234 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:53 pm

Hi

If you didn't get any decision on your visa yet, call the boarder agency and ask what you need to do. Sheffield UKVI number is 03001232241.

ckent_2007
Newly Registered

Tier 2 refused under paragraph 322(1A).

Post by ckent_2007 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:02 am

I applied for a tier 2 visa, and was refused under paragraph 322(1A). The details of the refusal are below :

In your application, you stated that you had never had a caution, warning, reprimand or fixed penalty notice.
I am satisfied that this statement is false because our records, show that you had a caution as an unlicensed person (taxi tout) soliciting persons for hiere car services on 28/09/2012

As false representations have been made in relation to your application, it is refused under paragraph 322(1A), of the immigration rules.

For the above reasons, i am also satisfied that you have used deception in this application.

I am satisfied, to a higher balance of probabilities that false representations were made in your visa application. I therefore refuse your application.

This means that any future applications for entry clearance or leave to enter the UK you make will be refused under paragraph 320(7B) of the immigration rules

At some point the online form question stated a main title "Criminal or Unspent Conviction" above of these sub question related to the criminal offence, conviction, and etc. Therefore, this has been made me confused thought that Spent caution should not included in the application form..but i don't think this point are good enough to deal with HO, so anyone know any related paragraph to the caution declaration?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:50 am

Topic merged.
Tier 2 FLR (paper) form wrote:F1. Have you been convicted of any criminal offence in the UK or any other country?
We routinely conduct eligibility and background checks and you should ensure that you fully disclose all information which could be relevant to your application and be aware that the failure to do so could result in your application being refused.
We will carry out criminal record checks on all applicants and dependants. You must declare all convictions, regardless of whether they are spent or unspent.

F2. Please give details below for each criminal conviction, starting with the most recent. If you have received more than two convictions, please photocopy this page and enclose it with this form.
You must give details of all spent and unspent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were part of a sentence of the court. This includes all drink-driving offences.
See also Non-custodial sentences: cautions, warnings and reprimands
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ckent_2007
Newly Registered

Post by ckent_2007 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:19 am

sushdmehta wrote:Topic merged.
Tier 2 FLR (paper) form wrote:F1. Have you been convicted of any criminal offence in the UK or any other country?
We routinely conduct eligibility and background checks and you should ensure that you fully disclose all information which could be relevant to your application and be aware that the failure to do so could result in your application being refused.
We will carry out criminal record checks on all applicants and dependants. You must declare all convictions, regardless of whether they are spent or unspent.

F2. Please give details below for each criminal conviction, starting with the most recent. If you have received more than two convictions, please photocopy this page and enclose it with this form.
You must give details of all spent and unspent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were part of a sentence of the court. This includes all drink-driving offences.
See also Non-custodial sentences: cautions, warnings and reprimands

Thanks for the info, i found this guidance from HO, the whole paragraph is not relevant but the 1st line of description will help why i don't declare the caution as this is not a conviction in response to the F1, therefore this should be treated as geniue mistake instead of deception, what do you think?

“Please note that a caution is not a conviction. It is an out of court disposal which is recorded on an individual's criminal record. Since it is not a conviction the applicant should not be refused under paragraph 320(7A) if they fail to declare it on the application form.” [RFL10.3].

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:36 am

You have not been refused under 320(7A), but 322(1A).

320 governs "entry clearance or leave to enter" applications.
322 governs leave to remain applications and curtailment of leave.

A caution (simple or conditional), warning or reprimand are all examples of an “out of court disposal that are recorded on a person’s criminal record”.

ckent_2007
Newly Registered

Post by ckent_2007 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:43 am

sushdmehta wrote:You have not been refused under 320(7A), but 322(1A).

320 governs "entry clearance or leave to enter" applications.
322 governs leave to remain applications and curtailment of leave.

A caution (simple or conditional), warning or reprimand are all examples of an “out of court disposal that are recorded on a person’s criminal record”.
Thanks, so the HO is pointing out the date of caution by 28/09/2012 until now still considering unspent? As i double checking the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, it should be spent immediately

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... enders.pdf

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:42 pm

Yes, I was wrong about period of rehabilitation. Response edited.

That said, the issue here is not about period of rehabilitation.
The issue is that you are required to declare all spent and unspent convictions in an immigration application and you did not.
Hence the refusal - for not disclosing material facts.

Did you declare your motor convictions? It appears that you did not disclose those as well!!

ckent_2007
Newly Registered

Post by ckent_2007 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:18 pm

sushdmehta wrote:The issue here is not the period of rehabilitation.
The issue is that you are required to declare all spent and unspent convictions in an immigration application. But, you did not.
Hence the refusal - for not disclosing material facts.

Did you declare your motor convictions? It appears that you did not disclose those as well!!
OK..but from the online form main title stating "criminal or upsent conviction" make me really confusing and miss leading end up i thought my caution was spent so without declare, it should consider a geniue mistake instead of deception, ECO it's just too hash at this point..

ckent_2007
Newly Registered

Tier 2 - working visa expired but court case

Post by ckent_2007 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:47 pm

Background:
tier 2 extension visa refused due to failed to declare traffic offence, but there are quite some issues with the application form question which mis leading my answer. After discussed with my lawyer and came out with conclusion wining chance high against UKVA decision, so decided to sue them(this is the only option i have if i want to stay in UK)

The main question now is, my lawyer had submitted my case to the court October this year just before my work permit expired. Since i'm still awaiting for the court response and next will be court hearing, therefore am i still eligible continue to work within this period? i'm just worried as the work permit & COS just expired..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 extension refused - traffic offence not declared

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:39 pm

Sue the HO for what and in which court?

On what basis do you think you have a case that you can win?

You failed to declare something which you were required to declare and your visa was refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ckent_2007
Newly Registered

Post by ckent_2007 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:08 pm

That's not the point to discuss here,lawyer has been submitted all evident to support this case..
Thanks for your concerned.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:11 pm

Isn't your lawyer competent enough to advise you whether you can continue working or not?

With the information you have provided in the entire topic no one here at the forum can tell you whether you can or you can't.

edwardhl4415
Newly Registered

Post by edwardhl4415 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:23 pm

I am very curious how did you case go in the end?