ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter of Curtailment has not been received

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arp1988
Newly Registered

Letter of Curtailment has not been received

Post by arp1988 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi, I have a tier 2 visa which is valid till 2017 but was made redundant by my company on June 1, 2015 and my company informed the UKBA on June 15, 2015. I am yet to receive the curtailment letter. I have not changed the address since the time I applied for the tier 2 visa. Do I need to contact the UKBA to enquire about the letter of curtailment? I understand that I get further 60 days from the date of the letter to find another sponsor.

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Letter of Curtailment has not been received

Post by safatafa » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:51 pm

No u don't need to contact in the mean time if u get a new sponsor u can switch employers.
ur curtailment ll start once u get the letter so don't fret about it just wait not sure y u r so in need of the letter!!!!

arp1988
Newly Registered

Post by arp1988 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:27 pm

Thanks for this. I merely enquired as I am yet to receive one and therefore I should ask the UKBA whether they have already sent the letter and I have not received it due to any reason. It is unlikely though as I am receiving all my posts on time. I do not want to overstay and gives me plan to get a new employer.

arp1988
Newly Registered

Post by arp1988 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:12 am

Hi there,

I have recently tried to contact the Home office but have not been able to contact them somehow. It has been two months since my employer has informed them of me leaving the company. The company had sent me all my P45 details to my addressed but I have not received any curtailment letter yet. Do I need to do anything else?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:34 am

Did you ask the Royal Mail to redirect your letters?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

arp1988
Newly Registered

Post by arp1988 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:51 am

It is the same address as it was when I applied for my Tier 2 in Feb 2014. Also, I am receiving my bank letters and other letters in the address.

pa1
Newly Registered

Post by pa1 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:11 pm

Hi,
I am almost in the same situation. I am on Tier 2 General visa , but I have quit the job since 1.5 months , but not yet received the curtailment letter. I am searching new job and thus bit worried on how long I can be in UK.

Did you get the letter anytime ?

Regards,
Pavan