ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I finally qualified...now the hard part begins!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smiley82
Newly Registered

I finally qualified...now the hard part begins!

Post by smiley82 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:56 pm

Well....I have finally qualified for HSMP. After submitting last weeks' timesheet, I now have my 75 points and am eligible to prepare my application.

I'm still completely undecided about how I'm going to do it though!!

I've been told my application is complicated...which of course it is (Limited Company Structure, dividend payments, earnings under 2 different companies) so I have been leaning towards a Immigration company to assist with my application...just to make it easier on myself really.

I have had quotes for between £700 and £1200 + Government fees of £750....it's adding up to quite a bit of money!

Plus....I still have to obtain all the information myself, and hand it over to them. I still have to organise all my accountants documents, from what I can tell, they will just be telling me 'what' to request, and writing the cover letters, overseeing the application process, and making sure that all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed (any immigration consultants, please feel free to correct me!)

Of course, I've read every forum posting on my circumstances, there aren't that many i'm afraid, i've searched the web, I've got the home office guidelines, application information, FAQ's etc...I have as much information as I can possibly find.

So...my question to you all is, what should I do?

Should I attempt to prepare my application myself, writing clear cover letters explaining all differences etc

The rest of my application seems simple:

Age - Birth Certificate
Qualification - Degree Certificate
UK experience - Same documents as Salary
English Language - Letter from university stating degree is in English (format as per forum postings)

It's really only documenting my Limited Company earnings that I am concerned about, and the latest caseworker guidelines are definately a lot clearer than before.

I'm stuck.....any suggestions from anyone. I have until Feb/March before I need to have it submitted, so plenty of time. But I don't want to get caught up in the new changes....so ideally, the sooner the better!!

Thanks guys.

Kylie

chandu

Post by chandu » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:49 pm

don't waste ur money on these so called immigration consultants.they will not do anything, instead asks u to get everything done.they are just minting money by sharing information which is posted in these kind of forums or online sites.

u have all the information in this forum. if u need any more info u can always post ur query in this forum and u will get the answers with in a day or two. since u r planning to launch ur application in feb/march, i think u have plenty of time to make up all the required documents. start collecting all the documents from now.

u just need 400gbp + visa application fees if u do it by ur self.

my suggestion is DO IT YOURSELF.

chandu

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:29 pm

All I can say is that if you look in the pages of this site you will see that lots of applications are refused because people send the wrong documents, and that application for contractors and the self employed are the most complicated.

I would say to look at the guidance notes very carefully. If every document you have fits their requirements exactly, then go for it on your own. If you have any doubts at all...please feel free to PM me.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!