ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick ILR Query...

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Niharika1
BANNED

Quick ILR Query...

Post by Niharika1 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:05 pm

Hi friends,

Came across this beautiful board, and it solved all my queries. However, got one quick question, would be great if you guys can help me.

Am applying for ILR in two weeks time. My total leaves in the qualifying 5 year period is aboout 150 leaves.
The max period of my stay out of the UK was 60 days at a stretch, when my father was diagnosed with Cancer, and I was caring for him.

In section 6 if the ILR form, I have mentioned this but I do not have any evidence to show about my fathers illness not do I have any medical letter. Can they reject my application based on this. Also, the only evidence I have is the eticket of my travel to india and back to the UK.

Please advise friends...

Regards..

LondonerIndian
Newly Registered

Re: Quick ILR Query...

Post by LondonerIndian » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:34 am

To qualify for ILR, your total absence in any single year for the past 5 qualifying years from your date of ILR application should be less than 180 days. You just have to mention them in the SET(O) form and detail them in the covering letter. So you should be fine.

It's better to provide copy of entry/exit stamp in your passport as proof of absence.

satti547
Newly Registered

Post by satti547 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:09 pm

There isn't any issue staying out of UK 60 days in a row but your stay must not be more than 90 days 8n one go as per my understanding

baba777
Newly Registered

Post by baba777 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:30 pm

I think you are safe.....!

Niharika1
BANNED

Post by Niharika1 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:58 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for your qucik response, really appreciate it.

One last question, if you guys can help would be great.

Set (O) form Section 9 - Question A5 - Source of earnings 1 ( include details of employer; name of business etc and start end/dates for this source of earnings..

*** In the last 12 months I have worked with two different companies as a contractor. First company I was there for 3 months and then had a gap of 3 months and then with the other employer for 6 months.

So, for Questions A5 should i mention the name of the Employer, or my Agency or my Accountant details as I work as a contractor. Also, should I put 12 month in start and end date as I take dividend and salary each month.

Please clarify guys...

Thanks for all your help in advance...

Regards,
Niharika

Niharika1
BANNED

Post by Niharika1 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:30 pm

Guys,

Can somebody please advise, would really appreciate.

Thanks for all your help in advance....

Regards,
N

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:53 pm

Are you on Tier 1 General visa?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Niharika1
BANNED

Post by Niharika1 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:27 pm

Dear Wanderer,

Sure, am on Tier 1 General Visa. Came to UK in August 2009.

Regards,
N

LondonerIndian
Newly Registered

Post by LondonerIndian » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:11 pm

Niharika1 wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for your qucik response, really appreciate it.

One last question, if you guys can help would be great.

Set (O) form Section 9 - Question A5 - Source of earnings 1 ( include details of employer; name of business etc and start end/dates for this source of earnings..

*** In the last 12 months I have worked with two different companies as a contractor. First company I was there for 3 months and then had a gap of 3 months and then with the other employer for 6 months.

So, for Questions A5 should i mention the name of the Employer, or my Agency or my Accountant details as I work as a contractor.
- Mention the name, address & contact details of the agency who can verify your limited company earnings.

Also, should I put 12 month in start and end date as I take dividend and salary each month.
- 12 months (doesn't matter when you were in contract. They want to know your earnings start & end date)
Please clarify guys...

Thanks for all your help in advance...

Regards,
Niharika