ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Knowledge of English - ILR under Tier 1 (General)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haynorwich
Newly Registered

Proof of Knowledge of English - ILR under Tier 1 (General)

Post by haynorwich » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:24 pm

I have just completed 5 years under Tier 1 (General) and now in process of applying for ILR. I would appreciate, if someone could help me with application Set [O] Version 05/15 (current).

I am mainly concern about my wife’s proof for knowledge of English. According to https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english, her first degree from India is recognised on points-based calculator and she scores 10 points. It clearly suggest to have printout of points based calculator and original degree, which we have.

However, on the application itself, section 4, 4.3 there is lack of clarity to which option we should choose.

I would appreciate any suggestions on the matter from people having faced similar issues. Which option did you choose?

Many thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Proof of Knowledge of English - ILR under Tier 1 (Genera

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:31 pm

KoLL modernised guidance wrote:o if 10 points are displayed, the qualification has been deemed by UK NARIC to be academically equivalent to a UK Bachelor degree or higher and to have been taught in English

o if zero points are displayed, the qualification may either have been deemed to be below UK Bachelor degree level, or not taught in English, or both
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:38 pm

if someone could help me with application Set [O] Version 05/15 (current).
You should probably be completing the new form Set O 08/15 (click) released recently.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haynorwich
Newly Registered

Post by haynorwich » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:42 am

Many thanks to both the moderators (sushdmehta and CR001), and very rightly highlighted the new version. I downloaded the version in July end and have to start it all over again.

Much appreciated.

Vega

Post by Vega » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:00 am

So the Tier 1 dependent partner now needs to take an English test? Or is the degree enough if recognized by NARIC?

And in my case, the rules before July 9, 2012 will apply for the wife - so I'm left a bit more confused.

Infact, does the main applicant need to take the English test too - I didn't see an "already demonstrated in previous Tier 1 app" choice.

Only just started looking at the forms for an application early next year. Might have missed something.

haynorwich
Newly Registered

Postal Application Time (ILR under Tier 1 (General)

Post by haynorwich » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:06 pm

I am applying in post for ILR under Tier 1(General) category. Can anyone suggest what sort of time frame are we looking currently? Is it still 6 months waiting or things have improved?

Many thanks

LondonerIndian
Newly Registered

Re: Postal Application Time (ILR under Tier 1 (General)

Post by LondonerIndian » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:16 pm

Using search functionality will help you find answers to most of your questions.