ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should we try Family visitor visa this time?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Henna
Newly Registered

Should we try Family visitor visa this time?

Post by Henna » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:14 am

My parents applied for visitor visa from India last year (Feb 2014), since my visa was due for extension (in 3 months), I was not sure whether my parents would be granted visitor visa for 6 months, I had taken sponsorship letter, bank statements and utility bills from my friend who is also in Tier 1 visa, in their visitor visa application (by mistake) they had mentioned they have 'no other friends or family in UK'. Their visa got refused on following grounds.

1. There is no clear evidence of relationship between the sponsor (as they had mentioned him as a family friend)
2. Failed to show sufficiently strong family, social or econmic ties to India. ( They had maintained 400000 INR in their bank account and a letter from accountant stating that source of fund was from a residential property sale and menttioning that they do have some immovable property in india. Though they have attached the asset documents(non-english) for that It was not traslated into English.)

I have got my ILR approved now. They want to re-apply for the Family visior visa but using my documents (sponsorship letter,bank statements and utility bills) and we are going to show my sister's employer letter and payslips as family ties and propery translation document and healthy bank balance in my parents account

My questions are,

Since they had already mentioned in their previous application that they had 'NO other friends or family in UK', will it be an issue if I sponsor my parents now?
Can you advice any suggestions on how to mention this on the covering letter?

Henna
Newly Registered

Re: Should we try Family visitor visa this time?

Post by Henna » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:21 am

Hi,

Can anyone suggest me please?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:36 pm

There is no family visit visa anymore - just visit visa....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Henna
Newly Registered

Post by Henna » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:26 am

Hi Wanderer,

I was not aware of the standard visitor visa. Thanks for the reply.

Would you also please advice how this mistake can be corrected in the covering letter? -(their visitor visa application (by mistake) they had mentioned they have 'no other friends or family in UK'. Their visa got refused on following grounds)

Do you think will their visa approve next time if we clearly mention the mistake in the covering letter?