ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few MN1 1(3) queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Few MN1 1(3) queries

Post by tcpip_helper » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:36 pm

Hello All,

I've got few queries and i know they have been answered already but i'd be grateful if someone can confirm them again please.

scenario: MN1 application for my daughter born in UK in 2010 while we were on T1 (g) and now got ILR in 2015, so we are applying through MN1 1(3) category , is it correct ?

documents i am attaching are her original full birth certificate, her original passport, certified photocopy of me and my wife's ILR card, so my question is can i provide photocopy of our ILR card instead of original?

i cant find any professional referee to sigh the form, GP etc are not willing to sign so i'll just ask my manager and other friend both British national to sign the form.i hope that would be ok.

is there any other document i need to provide?

do i need to use NCS service? its a very simple application and i think i can save time and money by sending it myself?

many thanks again for your answers.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Re: Few MN1 1(3) queries

Post by chocolateorange88 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:58 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:Hello All,

I've got few queries and i know they have been answered already but i'd be grateful if someone can confirm them again please.

scenario: MN1 application for my daughter born in UK in 2010 while we were on T1 (g) and now got ILR in 2015, so we are applying through MN1 1(3) category , is it correct ?

documents i am attaching are her original full birth certificate, her original passport, certified photocopy of me and my wife's ILR card, so my question is can i provide photocopy of our ILR card instead of original?

Who would certify your photocopy of yours and wifes ILR? For what solicitors charge to do it, you may aswell use NCS.

I cant find any professional referee to sigh the form, GP etc are not willing to sign so i'll just ask my manager and other friend both British national to sign the form.i hope that would be ok.

is there any other document i need to provide?

Did you read the guidance notes?

do i need to use NCS service? its a very simple application and i think i can save time and money by sending it myself?

This is the difference. NCS will make copies and certify them so all original documents will be given back to you. It might save you money BUT its their job to check the form and make sure you filled it right,and rectify any errors ( if any )

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:03 pm

Keep in mind that the UKVI have been known to misplace or lose original documents. This makes the NCS a good choice.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:06 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:Hello All,

i cant find any professional referee to sigh the form, GP etc are not willing to sign so i'll just ask my manager and other friend both British national to sign the form.i hope that would be ok.

Yes 1(3) of BNA appears to cover your situation.

Try the child's headteacher or teacher for a professional referee.

So many people suddenly discover they need to travel just after sending the application in; another advantage of using NCS is you retain original documents leaving family members free to travel.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:08 pm

thanks for your reply, i know a solicitor who will do that for free, anyway solicitors don't charge more than £5 for certification.

the reason i am applying myself is i trust more on my research and knowledge than those so called NCS staff, i used to work in a solicitor company and i know how they work, not all of them are good, anyway NCS appointment is not until next month so why wait if i can apply myself, with the help available on this forum i am sure we can find a solution, so kindly confirm if photocopies will do.

my local GP, pharmacist, school teacher all refused to help.

thanks

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:07 am

hello everyone,

kindly please confirm if i can provide certified photocopies of my ILR card for my child MN1 1(3) application form.

many thanks again.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:47 am

tcpip_helper wrote:hello everyone,

kindly please confirm if i can provide certified photocopies of my ILR card for my child MN1 1(3) application form.

many thanks again.
This is not an option mentioned in the guidance for registering minors; the options are:
submit originals;
or
apply via NCS (who will take acceptable copies).

And regarding difficulty in finding referees, if you plan to naturalise in future suggest you start cultivating professional contacts with people who could act as referee for you in the future (to avoid any delays to your application due to lack of a referee).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:57 am

Thanks everyone, I guess I'll apply through ncs.