ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convert ICT T2 Employer sponsored visa to Tier 2 Genereal

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hk2014
Newly Registered

Convert ICT T2 Employer sponsored visa to Tier 2 Genereal

Post by hk2014 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:14 pm

Hi,

I came to UK in 2014 on ICT Tier 2 Long Term Visa. During this year, I learnt that the immigration rules have changed post 2011 and ICT T1 General visa no longer exist. However, there is a Tier 2 General visa. Well, my question to the experts of this forum is that - IS there an option that I can convert my ICT T2 Employer sponsored visa to T2 General visa? Please enlighten me with the process if there is any such possibility.

Thanks
HK

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Convert ICT T2 Employer sponsored visa to Tier 2 Generea

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:57 am

Firstly, you need an employer who is ready to sponsor your T2 general. Plus, you cannot switch to this visa from within UK. You will have to go back and apply for entry clearance from your home country. Plus, you will be subject to a cool-off of 12 months from the date you leave UK before you can apply for another T2 visa. In short, you cannot move to T2 general immediately.

hk2014
Newly Registered

Re: Convert ICT T2 Employer sponsored visa to Tier 2 Generea

Post by hk2014 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Thanks a lot moonlight!!

Cheers
HK