ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LR guidance

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DCee
BANNED

LR guidance

Post by DCee » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:17 pm

Was reading the LR guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ce_v13.pdf

And found
276B
(v) From 1 October 2012 the applicant must not be in breach of the immigration laws,
except for any period of overstaying for a period for 28 days or less will be disregarded
They only look for immigration breaches post 2012?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: LR guidance - immigration breaches only after 2012?

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:23 pm

No, what it means is - The date is when this provision came into effect as law.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

secret.simon

Re: LR guidance - immigration breaches only after 2012?

Post by secret.simon » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:53 pm

Infelicitatiously and misleadingly worded.

DCee
BANNED

Refusal due to tax?

Post by DCee » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:40 am

There are a lot of posts of 10 year ILR applications of further checks and interviews, but they are pretty general just saying for ‘tax’.

I went through the guidance - what are the specific provisions that allow refusal based on tax affairs?

I do not see how tax affairs can be decisive. Of course tax declarations could very strongly indicate deception, for example where someone tells the home office they received earnings through self employment where HMRC has no record. Even in this extreme case, it is not absolutely conclusive of deception, there might be some explanation or mistake.

Tax is complex. Can a case be decided on this alone? If so, what are the grounds?

DCee
BANNED

Re: LR guidance

Post by DCee » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:40 pm

Sorry my reply was supposed to be a new topic. maybe someone can delete it?
Creating new topic now

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:50 pm

Read this topic and also 322(1A).

Make sure the mistakes are corrected before making an application and necessary explanation(s) are provided in an effort to ensure caseworker discretion.

DCee
BANNED

Post by DCee » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:09 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Make sure the mistakes are corrected before making an application and necessary explanation(s) are provided in an effort to ensure caseworker discretion.
The rules do not explicitly cover tax (that is why I asked). So to me it seems like it is only a discretionary factor. Not a ground for refusal itself - unless clear deception.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:01 pm

Well, I am sure those who have been refused for this reason (tax irregularities) have been refused under some specific immigration rules(s) and the refusal letter would state so.