ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from Home Office....why?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Letter from Home Office....why?

Post by T_mahmood » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:53 pm

Hello

I got a letter from Office with following contents.

"In order that we may complete our records, please return your passport with two recent passport size photograph to us within 14 days of the date of this letter.
We will endeavour to return the passport within 10 working days. If it is not possible to submitt your passport, please inform us in writing.
All passports will be returned to you by standard Recorded Delivery. If you wish to have it delivered by Special Delivery, please provide us with a stamped special delivery envelop.

If you do not respond to this letter within 14 days, your application will be considered with the information we currently hold on file. "

----------------

I was on workpermit from May 2005 and in March 2007 I switched over to HSMP and started working with another company.

I called home office to check why I have to send the passport and what they told me that its routine check.

Has it happened to anyone else?

An urgent response will be really appreciated.....
Thinking low is crime....

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:18 pm

n/m
Last edited by WoodieG on Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:26 pm

WoodieG wrote:Did you get your HSMP visa via Entry Clearance?
I got approval in Feb 07 and it FLR in March 07 which is valid till March 09.

itsme
Member of Standing

Re: Letter from Home Office....why?

Post by itsme » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:33 pm

T_mahmood wrote:H
If you do not respond to this letter within 14 days, your application will be considered with the information we currently hold on file. "
----------------
What does this mean ? Which application have you made to HO ?
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:44 pm

itsme wrote:
----------------
I have made no application at all. Just got this letter asking me to submitt the passport and two photographs......and I myself is woundering why?

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:49 pm

It sounds like the letter they send when wanting to curtail someone's visa.
________
NO2 VAPORIZER
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:52 pm

WoodieG wrote:It sounds like the letter they send when wanting to curtail someone's visa.
I understand that HSMP visa is granted intially for two years (which I got) and why they would curtail my visa?

Not sure.....very confused....

starman
Newly Registered

Post by starman » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:49 pm

importan thing is 'did you ever get hsmp leave to remain' ?? hsmp approval alone means nothing, you need the new stamp in your passport following a successful FLR(IED) application. and if you never applied for that and this letter comes out of the blue i would agree they want to curtail your leave...

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:28 am

starman wrote:importan thing is 'did you ever get hsmp leave to remain' ?? hsmp approval alone means nothing, you need the new stamp in your passport following a successful FLR(IED) application. and if you never applied for that and this letter comes out of the blue i would agree they want to curtail your leave...
Hi Starman

I did get my leave to remain after getting HSMP approval. I got approval letter in Feb 07 and after filing FLR I got 2 year visa till March 09.

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:37 pm

T_mahmood wrote:
starman wrote:importan thing is 'did you ever get hsmp leave to remain' ?? hsmp approval alone means nothing, you need the new stamp in your passport following a successful FLR(IED) application. and if you never applied for that and this letter comes out of the blue i would agree they want to curtail your leave...
Hi Starman

I did get my leave to remain after getting HSMP approval. I got approval letter in Feb 07 and after filing FLR I got 2 year visa till March 09.
How about calling HO and say you are willing to drop in to there office in person, if they want to check any legality on your passport /stamps / Visats etc.... !! any thougths !!
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:04 pm

T_mahmood wrote:
itsme wrote:
----------------
I have made no application at all. Just got this letter asking me to submitt the passport and two photographs......and I myself is woundering why?
If you made no application, then maybe they got it wrong. call them and ask them what are they talking about?

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:52 pm

Hello everyone

Thanks for responding....

I called HO today and they said that my previous employeer whom I was working with (while I was on work permit) asked HO to cancell my WP.
I told to them that I left that employeer after getting my HSMP visa and now working for an other company.

The gentleman took my hsmp reference number and after veryfing it, asked me to ignore the letter. Actually the Customer officer was very nice and polite and he took about 15 minutes to consult his senior and then put note on my file that I have called and matter is now cleard.

Thanks guys for responce... I appreciate.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:56 pm

T_mahmood wrote:Hello everyone

Thanks for responding....

I called HO today and they said that my previous employeer whom I was working with (while I was on work permit) asked HO to cancell my WP.
I told to them that I left that employeer after getting my HSMP visa and now working for an other company.

The gentleman took my hsmp reference number and after veryfing it, asked me to ignore the letter. Actually the Customer officer was very nice and polite and he took about 15 minutes to consult his senior and then put note on my file that I have called and matter is now cleard.

Thanks guys for responce... I appreciate.
See all that fuss and it was cleared up in a phone call. Sometimes, you just have to call.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:25 pm

T_mahmood wrote:...
The gentleman took my hsmp reference number and after veryfing it, asked me to ignore the letter.
I would suggest you request a written confirmation of this. You don't want to get burnt later...
Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans