ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful Croydon PEO ILR application 14/01/2015

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR4PVM

Successful Croydon PEO ILR application 14/01/2015

Post by ILR4PVM » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:29 pm

A silent reader of this forum for a year and this post is my thanks to the invaluable yet free advice available here !

1. Category: Tier 2 ICT
Initial Visa stamp: 6 JAN 2010
Date of Entry: 6 FEB 2010
3 Extensions in the UK
Date of ILR eligibility: 6 DEC 2014
ILR PEO appointment: 14 JAN 2015

2. Number of dependents: 1
Initial Visa stamp and Entry: APR 2011
2 Extensions in the UK

3. Total cost: £2986

4. PEO branch: Croydon

5. Documents provided:

Appointment confirmation email
Payment confirmation
SET O form (Payment sheet not filled)
2 X 2 photos with full name written behind and in an envelope pinned to Sec 1 of SET O form
3 passports + 2 BRPs
2 X LIUT Pass Originals
2 X Degree Certificates + 2 X PBS Calculator printout (Points for English page only - Page 4)
3 months Bank Statements with salary credit highlighted (Dec 2014 one was a printout from the branch in bank letter head paper with attestation seal and signature)
3 months Payslips
Employer letter with SOC code and absence details (Same employer for the entire duration)
18 Cohabitation documents (Some joint, some individual, random dates): Lease agreement, Council Tax, Electricity Bill, Water Bill, SKY Bill, NHS Letters.
Copies of all documents from Passport onwards

6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: No

7. Any Additional Comments:

Had put all the above documents in individual clear file binders, document type written on top, one bundle of originals and one for copies --> Reached Lunar house at 8:45 am --> Showed appointment confirmation to the door man guy (?) --> Airport style security check --> Lift up to 3rd floor --> Reception lady checks set o form, appointment letter, payment confirmation, passports, brps and gives a token number --> 3 mins wait and gets called to counter --> Lady at counter enters details on to the system (quite keyboard challenged !), scans photos, Gives a folder where we put all originals and copies with my clear file binders and I keep it with me. This took 15 mins --> 1 min wait and token number called for biometrics --> Register biometrics and photos (a point and shoot style camera and not the contraption in post offices). Handed over the folder with all the documents. Informed that I have more documents if case worker needs any and she says she has no communication with the caseworkers, so wrote down on the folder about extra documents availability --> Went to cafeteria and then the token number was showing 'Biometrics verification' for 3 mins --> Status changes to 'Awaiting consideration' and stays for 10 mins --> Cafeteria has the usual snacks and hot drinks, lots of seating area, a small kids area, restroom etc --> Status changes to 'Ready for Collection' --> 'Collect from counter XX' comes up in 10 mins --> Person at counter hands over the same Folder back and says congrats approved, BRP will arrive by courier, asked if we would like to give a feedback which we denied --> I check the documents and all originals except BRP cards, all copies and one set of photos (!!!), SET O payment sheets are returned. Many file binders seem to untouched --> Takes stairs --> Out of the building at 10:30 am and took a deep breath - It tasted like FREEDOM after 5 years :) --> Waiting for the cards to arrive.

Happy to answer any queries.

ilrrequired
Newly Registered

Re: Successful Croydon PEO ILR application 14/01/2015

Post by ilrrequired » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:10 am

Did you put all the original folders together and all the photocopies together or did you put original and photocopy, original and photocopy?

For example, Life in the UK originals and photocopies in one folder and then payslips originals and photocopies in a separate folder?

ILR4PVM

Post by ILR4PVM » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:02 pm

@ilrrequired... here is what I did.. bought a bunch of clear file binders (also called ring binder, clear plastic pockets etc available in all stationery stores, supermarkets, amazon etc), put each document in one clear file, wrote on the clear file with permanent marker what document it is (rather than sticky notes which fall off), then keep all the originals as one bundle in a 'top and side opening folder' again a common stationery item. Did the same with all the copies as well.

So for example, took the LIUT pass certificate original, put it in a clear file binder, wrote on the file binder: MAIN APPLICANT - LIUT PASS - ORIGINAL, kept it in the 'top and side opening folder' along with other originals in a similar way.

took the LIUT copy, put it in another clear file binder, wrote: MAIN APPLICANT - LIUT PASS - COPY, kept it in the other 'top and side opening folder' along with the other copies.

Might look like overkill :wink: but it makes documents management super easy.

trivivek
Newly Registered

Re: Successful Croydon PEO ILR application 29/01/2015

Post by trivivek » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:29 pm

My experience of Croydon was slightly different. It took me 4 hours to get out of the building unlike others so please be prepared. I submitted all required document for ILR application including SET (O) application, letter from employer, absences and a signed letter from employer on absences, LIUK certificate, cover letter, salary slips, bank statement, P60 and degree certificate (proof of English language). I prepared a list of all of my ins and outs from the UK in a separate XL sheet with the information of individual stamps on respective page numbers in the passport. I also submitted my previous tier 2 visa approval letters. I am not sure how many of these were photocopied but they returned most of documents apart from few salary slips, bank statements and letters from the employer.

I drove to Croydon and left ample time for me to get there and parked in Dingwell street NCP which is only 6-10 minutes walk from the centre. I in fact ended up getting to the centre a lot earlier than anticipated and was allowed in after waiting for 15 minutes (much earlier than the appointment time). I went to the 3 floor after usual airport style security check where initial registration and biometrics were really quick which made me think as if things have really improved but that wasn't the case. I entered the building at 11:50 am and finally left at 3:55 pm, not bad but no where as good as other members have suggested on this board. I bumped into an immigration advisor who told me that they rarely reject anyone's visa without consulting the candidate on things which may not be upto the mark or if they require further evidence. So, please dont panic once you have submitted your documents as the worse you may need to face is an interview with a case worker where at least you get a chance to defend yourself.

Best luck guys

Vicky81
Newly Registered

Post by Vicky81 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:16 pm

Congrats trivivek
Did they ask for previous visa approval letter and P60 form ?
Vicky

BDPK
Newly Registered

Post by BDPK » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi do you know Maternity Allowance , if someone take who are category Tier 1 or 2 , is this effect on ILR time ?pls advice , thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:31 pm

Didn't the answer, given 2 months ago, satisfy you?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

varmadba
Newly Registered

Post by varmadba » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:05 pm

@ILR4PVM :

Congratulations on your ILR

In your post you said you are applying with a dependent and in list of documents there is only SET(O)

Do we need to submit only SET(O) if main applicant and dependent are applying at same time ?
Should i not fill SET(M) for dependent?

Please let me know