ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M): meeting the financial requirement through temp work?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crispy
United Kingdom

FLR(M): meeting the financial requirement through temp work?

Post by crispy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Hello!

I'm hoping/planning to be the UK spousal sponsor for my Canadian wife. We're hoping to move her from a current TIER 5 youth mobility visa onto the spousal sponsor track using FLR(M) (previously discussed here: immigration-for-family-members/youth-mobility-scheme-and-flr-m-t185774.html).

I do meet the financial requirement, but something troubling me is (vi) on Question 7.3A, which asks:
What type of employment is you/your sponsor’s current employment? (temporary employment / permanent employment)
My employment is always "temporary". I'm a contractor and I move from contract to contract. It's just the way things work in my industry. I'm worried though, that the word "temporary" will concern the agent who reviews our application.

Does anyone have any thoughts/advice on this or know of precedents where people have met the financial requirement as temporary workers?

Once again, thank you very much.

SoHopeful

Re: FLR(M): meeting the financial requirement through temp w

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:28 pm

Temporary work is fine. I was technically a temp when I sponsored my husband and there was no issue once I met the requirements.

crispy
United Kingdom

Post by crispy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:31 pm

SoHopeful wrote:Temporary work is fine. I was technically a temp when I sponsored my husband and there was no issue once I met the requirements.
Ooh, that's good news. Thank you! Were your circumstances similar to mine? FLR(M)? And you actually used the word "temporrary" on the application?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:55 am

He applied for the initial spouse visa to enter the UK s the requirements are near enough the same.
Although I'd be in my job almost a year when he applied I was a temporary employee employed by an agency. My employment letter stated that I was a temporary worker and I included my contract which states that one week's notice is required from either side.

The focus on employment seems to have shifted since the new 2012 rules from proving on-going employment to support spouse to simply earning that golden amount so you have nothing to worry about as long as you evidence what they wish to see in the way they want to see it.

crispy
United Kingdom

Post by crispy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:31 am

SoHopeful wrote:The focus on employment seems to have shifted since the new 2012 rules from proving on-going employment to support spouse to simply earning that golden amount so you have nothing to worry about as long as you evidence what they wish to see in the way they want to see it.
That's very clear and pretty reassuring. Thank you very much.