ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for UK Citizenship with UKM form Help Please!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Parksie82
Newly Registered

Applying for UK Citizenship with UKM form Help Please!

Post by Parksie82 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:34 pm

I am currently looking to apply for my UK citizenship using the UKM route. I already have right of abode in the UK and don't want the hassle with that any more. From what I can tell I am eligible to do so as I was bore before 1 Jan 1983 to a British Woman. My problem is this under the what to send with your application section it say I need my mothers full birth certificate (that's fine); and either
- her certificate of naturalisation or registration as a citizen of the UK or Colonies; or
- Papers showing her legal adoption; or
- her expired citizen of the UK and Colonies passport

Now my mother is from Northern Ireland and she will my grandparents immigrated to Canada in the 70's when she was 7, the only one that would apply to her would be the passport one.... BUT I am fairly certain she no longer has her passport from then.

What do I do? It is the only this I will not have to send with my application.

Thanks for any help.

noajthan

Re: Applying for UK Citizenship with UKM form Help Please!

Post by noajthan » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:42 am

Parksie82 wrote:I am currently looking to apply for my UK citizenship using the UKM route. I already have right of abode in the UK and don't want the hassle with that any more. From what I can tell I am eligible to do so as I was bore before 1 Jan 1983 to a British Woman. My problem is this under the what to send with your application section it say I need my mothers full birth certificate (that's fine); and either
- her certificate of naturalisation or registration as a citizen of the UK or Colonies; or
- Papers showing her legal adoption; or
- her expired citizen of the UK and Colonies passport

Now my mother is from Northern Ireland and she will my grandparents immigrated to Canada in the 70's when she was 7, the only one that would apply to her would be the passport one.... BUT I am fairly certain she no longer has her passport from then.

What do I do? It is the only this I will not have to send with my application.

Thanks for any help.
You may be able to find a record of a person's passport &/or emigration records in the national archives.

Does this help:
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/reco ... ssport.htm
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mikeg333
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for UK Citizenship with UKM form Help Please!

Post by mikeg333 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:58 pm

I believe if your mother has a British birth certificate that is all that is needed to show she is a citizen, and your birth certificate showing she is your mother. She probably wouldn't have registration as a citizen if she left when she was young as well as the passports being too old to find.