ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nasir631

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by nasir631 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:19 am

Slaam Brhter,
If you have not used any of the service by IHS then you will definatly get your money back.
you can login to their system by using the below url. you have to provide your username and password which you created at the time of payment. after login you will get option to request refund. I am sure you need t fill the request refund form:

https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... 35c685f727

More information about the refund can be find out on the below link:
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds

if you have any further question then write back to this fourm and somone will help you.
Keep us in your prayer

Thanks all, yes i was going to wait 28 days and then maybe ask but everytime you email on the form, they do not answer the question you are asking them. Yes, only reason why i asked for refund was because of IHS Problem that affected us but if i email, they dont reply properly and if i dont chase it up they might not even bother refunding and say i didnt follow it up.

We didnt submit biometrics on that ref so they should give me refund as its genuine reason and was their website fault anyways[/quote]

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:23 pm

nasir631 wrote:Slaam Brhter,
If you have not used any of the service by IHS then you will definatly get your money back.
you can login to their system by using the below url. you have to provide your username and password which you created at the time of payment. after login you will get option to request refund. I am sure you need t fill the request refund form:

https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... 35c685f727

More information about the refund can be find out on the below link:
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds

if you have any further question then write back to this fourm and somone will help you.
Keep us in your prayer

Thanks all, yes i was going to wait 28 days and then maybe ask but everytime you email on the form, they do not answer the question you are asking them. Yes, only reason why i asked for refund was because of IHS Problem that affected us but if i email, they dont reply properly and if i dont chase it up they might not even bother refunding and say i didnt follow it up.

We didnt submit biometrics on that ref so they should give me refund as its genuine reason and was their website fault anyways
[/quote]

Thanks for your help but I am not asking for IHS Refund and that was old way to pay.

New way was through your online application. Problem was because of change from old way to new way, the IHS part wasn’t within my visa application so I had to cancel that and request visa fees refund,

Patiently.waiting
Newly Registered

Post by Patiently.waiting » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:22 pm

What is the process of requesting an escalation? It has been 14 weeks since biometrics were submittied in Lahore

Rocky786
Newly Registered

Post by Rocky786 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi All,

Wife received following email today:

"We are in receipt of a Visa Application for the above named person. We have noted that no pre-paid return envelope has been provided with the documents submitted by the above named applicant or their sponsor. Please provide a suitable sized envelope with appropriate postage so we can return all the supporting documents to your Sponsors UK address.

When a decision has been made, we will be unable to despatch your documents until we receive a pre-paid envelope."

How do I determine the pre-payment of the postage? Shall I send a plastic bag envelope to ensure they can fit all the documents in?

PS: how long from this stage before we get decision? Biometrics done on 15th July 2015.

Waqas_137
Newly Registered

Post by Waqas_137 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:18 pm

Salam is anyone is here who got delayed email can you plz share timeline or current status. I have applied on 9th june 2015. Today i have got delayed email.

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:42 pm

Rocky786 wrote:Hi All,

"We are in receipt of a Visa Application for the above named person. We have noted that no pre-paid return envelope has been provided with the documents submitted by the above named applicant or their sponsor. Please provide a suitable sized envelope with appropriate postage so we can return all the supporting documents to your Sponsors UK address.

When a decision has been made, we will be unable to despatch your documents until we receive a pre-paid envelope."

How do I determine the pre-payment of the postage? Shall I send a plastic bag envelope to ensure they can fit all the documents in?

PS: how long from this stage before we get decision? Biometrics done on 15th July 2015.
We also got an email like this. the weight of docs u sent to sheffield should b the same weight u get back.

You can send a special delivery bag to them to sheffield. post cost - ask at post office, they have diff weights, so send enough postage to cover ur file weight.

Did your wife sent documents from Pak or did u send from here in uk to sheffield. and if u sent from here, which date u sent. i sent end of july and got this email last week.

Mrsain
Newly Registered

Post by Mrsain » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:34 pm

Mysterious wrote:

We also got an email like this. the weight of docs u sent to sheffield should b the same weight u get back.

You can send a special delivery bag to them to sheffield. post cost - ask at post office, they have diff weights, so send enough postage to cover ur file weight.

Did your wife sent documents from Pak or did u send from here in uk to sheffield. and if u sent from here, which date u sent. i sent end of july and got this email last week.

Wow, you got that email quite late although I thought mine was late.
My wife did her bio on 13 July and I got the same email on 29 July.

I bought a big Jiffy bag put £14 worth of stamps on it which should cover up to 5kg weight and my address on the front and then fold that that bag and put it into another bag and send to them.

I sent a covering letter along with it and printed off the email they sent and sent that with it.

cant blv

Post by cant blv » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:38 pm

thats strange, they cant spend £6 or £7 for posting back doc out of heavy fee they have taken?
also, i noticed, our brother /sister had bio metric on 15th July whereas rules changed from 6th of July ie sending documents directly to Shefield from Sponsor in UK, I had bio metric on 24th of June and docs were sent around 20th June, whereas rules changed afterwards, please advise, if I or my sponsor will also be asked to send envelop ??? I have absolutely no idea how much it weigh, how to send envelop ??

regards
Application Date: 18 June
Biometric: 25 June Lahore

wasnav

Post by wasnav » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:59 pm

Aoa.
I would like to know when is the best time to courier my documents to my husband in uk to be sent to sheffield, before biometrics appointment or after that? Does gerry's give any document which should be sent with visa file? What do we have to take along for biometrics appointment at gerry's?

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:00 pm

Mrsain wrote:
Mysterious wrote:

I bought a big Jiffy bag put £14 worth of stamps on it which should cover up to 5kg weight and my address on the front and then fold that that bag and put it into another bag and send to them.

I sent a covering letter along with it and printed off the email they sent and sent that with it.
5KG! You need less than 1KG or just 1KG to be on the safe side. 5KG is like 5 bags of sugar! They're only returning your papers, not sending you bricks.

Instead of buying a jiffy bag and all those stamps…. The best and more safer way is to purchase a prepaid Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope (the grey plastic ones) for the required weight, e.g. 1 kg. Then send it to them for returning your documents. Royal Mail Special Delivery is guaranteed next day service + it's more safe and secure.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

Mrsain
Newly Registered

Post by Mrsain » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:14 pm

i.need.help wrote:[quote="Mrsain]

Did your wife sent documents from Pak or did u send from here in uk to sheffield. and if u sent from here, which date u sent. i sent end of july and got this email last week.[/quote]

I sent a covering letter along with it and printed off the email they sent and sent that with it.[/quote]

5KG! You need less than 1KG or just 1KG to be on the safe side. 5KG is like 5 bags of sugar! They're only returning your papers, not sending you bricks.

Instead of buying a jiffy bag and all those stamps…. The best and more safer way is to purchase a prepaid Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope (the grey plastic ones) for the required weight, e.g. 1 kg. Then send it to them for returning your documents. Royal Mail Special Delivery is guaranteed next day service + it's more safe and secure.[/quote][/quote]

Lol, I know but I wasn't sure at the time so to be on safe side I did it. Also I asked post office staff for advice and they was useless. It was only after I had sent it i read on here that the special delivery bag would of been a better option.
I asked post office staff about large pre paid envelopes and they said they don't do them...
Oh well it is what it is.

Mrsain
Newly Registered

Post by Mrsain » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:18 pm

wasnav wrote:Aoa.
I would like to know when is the best time to courier my documents to my husband in uk to be sent to sheffield, before biometrics appointment or after that? Does gerry's give any document which should be sent with visa file? What do we have to take along for biometrics appointment at gerry's?
Wsalaam,

You can send docs to ur husband at any time and I believe best time for him to send to Sheffield would be after bio. A day or two after bio should be fine.

wasnav

Post by wasnav » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:21 pm

Mrsain wrote:
wasnav wrote:Aoa.
Wsalaam,

You can send docs to ur husband at any time and I believe best time for him to send to Sheffield would be after bio. A day or two after bio should be fine.
So the gerry's doesnt give anything which should be sent along? I can send the docs to my husband once i take print out of online application and sign it?

Mrsain
Newly Registered

Post by Mrsain » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:23 pm

cant blv wrote:thats strange, they cant spend £6 or £7 for posting back doc out of heavy fee they have taken?
also, i noticed, our brother /sister had bio metric on 15th July whereas rules changed from 6th of July ie sending documents directly to Shefield from Sponsor in UK, I had bio metric on 24th of June and docs were sent around 20th June, whereas rules changed afterwards, please advise, if I or my sponsor will also be asked to send envelop ??? I have absolutely no idea how much it weigh, how to send envelop ??

regards
No u will be fine. You submitted well before the rules changed.

I did my online submission 8 July and my wife submitted docs at Mirpur on 13 July and they sent to Sheffield themselves. I didn't know about the change at the time, same with others who didn't know, so its really from now on as everyone knows so u send directly urselves

Mrsain
Newly Registered

Post by Mrsain » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:29 pm

wasnav wrote:.

So the gerry's doesnt give anything which should be sent along? I can send the docs to my husband once i take print out of online application and sign it?
Yeah that should be fine. Print it sign it and post it to him.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think they do. They will give u a receipt for u to keep for ur records and u will need to bring that back to them when In Shaa Allah u do receive ur visa and go back to collect ur passport.

Maybe someone else could also confirm this

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:03 pm

salam guys, my wifes biometrics were on 27 July 2015. All we've received is a text that the docs would be forwarded to Sheffield. Since then, no email.

Who do i email??
I'm pretty annoyed we haven't even received an acknowledgement
Online application: 11th July 2015
Biometric Islamabad: 27 July 2015
Case processed email: 22 October 2015
Collection Email: 28 October 2015
Visa Granted: 29 October 2015

nazimshah15

Post by nazimshah15 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:25 pm

Can those of you who applied in MAY share there timeline and the outcomes, its seems alot of us have been informed about the outcome but not been asked for collection yet!!!!!
Timeline
biometric 29/05/15
delay email: 05/08/15
decision been made: 11/08/15

Rocky786
Newly Registered

Post by Rocky786 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:31 pm

Mysterious wrote:

Thanks for the help. Sending weight also included photocopy of all documents. Do you think they will return photocopies too? I will probably pay postage for sending weight just to be on the safe side.

I sent my sponsor supporting docs directly to Sheffield, although my solicitor advised the online app and appendix 2 should be submitted in Pakistan on day of biometrics. Biometrics office did not accept them and asked wife to send them to Sheffield herself (so application form and sponsor documents would have been received in Sheffield on two seperate days!).

The above could of contributed to our delay, but only Allah knows. Still, at least we are only about 3 weeks behind you which is not too bad.

PS: Sponsor docs sent on 13th July to Sheffield
Online application form and appendix 2 sent on 17th July

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:00 pm

nazimshah15 wrote:Can those of you who applied in MAY share there timeline and the outcomes, its seems alot of us have been informed about the outcome but not been asked for collection yet!!!!!
Timeline
biometric 29/05/15
posted my appeal today

Visa Type: Cat A spouse visa
Applied : 13/05/15
Refused : 6/8/15
Application Location: Islamabad
Appeal Submitted Online : 18/08/15
pplied : 13/05/15
Appeal Submitted : 18/08/15
MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Appeal review deadline: 09/01/16
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent: 3/11/15
Call In Letter Submitted: 9/11/15
Call to Collect: 3/12/15
Visa granted: 4/12/15

rizmirza78
Newly Registered

Re: UK spouse visa questions

Post by rizmirza78 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:19 pm

Urgent help required regarding IELTS!! Brothers and sisters, please I need advice or guidance.

After spending one hour registering to book my spouse course for Ielts we have to come to the payment page and it will not let us pay!!! This is highly frustrating. I have tried on the UK side and she has tried on the PK side. We are both online she has logged out, I have tried it, I have logged out and she has tried it. Pressing the pay button it will not let us do anything!!!!! So frustrating.

We have tried everything, alas no success. We have gone through everything step by step, on skype whilst filled out all her details etc etc.

Please help!!!! :evil:

Patiently.waiting
Newly Registered

Post by Patiently.waiting » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:29 pm

nazimshah15 wrote:Can those of you who applied in MAY share there timeline and the outcomes, its seems alot of us have been informed about the outcome but not been asked for collection yet!!!!!
Timeline
biometric 29/05/15

Biometrics in Lahore 14/05/2015
Received no emails or acknowledgement from them. Only got status updates after emailing them using the visa enquiry email form. Since last 3 weeks have been told it is yet to be assessed by an ECO.

Have asked twice via the same email form for escalation but all they send back is status update. So atm just stuck waiting.

nazimshah15

Post by nazimshah15 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:16 pm

Raymandosnr wrote:
Timeline
biometric 29/05/15
posted my appeal today

Visa Type: Cat A spouse visa
Applied : 13/05/15
Application Location: Islamabad
Appeal Submitted Online : 18/08/15
Is it possible to appeal and same time lodge new application? beacuse appeal can take longer some times

nazimshah15

Post by nazimshah15 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:20 pm

Patiently.waiting wrote:
Timeline
biometric 29/05/15

Biometrics in Lahore 14/05/2015
Received no emails or acknowledgement from them. Only got status updates after emailing them using the visa enquiry email form. Since last 3 weeks have been told it is yet to be assessed by an ECO.

Have asked twice via the same email form for escalation but all they send back is status update. So atm just stuck waiting.
make sure you don't write (GWF) when filling online form just write digits only.

muj1

Post by muj1 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:34 pm

@ zakikhan

My wife had her biometrics on the 24th of July. She also had the text the same day stating forwarded but nothing since. I read it can take 2 weeks but this is approaching the 4th week! She submitted all the documents in Islamabad as the online application was 29th June.

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by humbleguy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:43 pm

I know one person who submitted 5th June had a reply back with decision made after he made the query