ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice Needed.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

StartingOver2015
Newly Registered

Advice Needed.

Post by StartingOver2015 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:43 pm

Hello,

I am a non EEA national and i've been with an EEA national for almost 7 years, married for almost 4. We separated three months ago, and unfortunately the hopes of working through and finding a resolution ...well..sadly that ship has sailed without us board. We lived together all through until the recent separation. We have not started the divorce proceedings yet. When we do get there and the divorce is granted, do i apply for the ROR and then as i clock 5 years or residence in the UK mid next year, apply for PR???? Or whats the best way forward? ...sigh....:-(

Thank you.
StartingOver2015

martin54

Re: Advice Needed.

Post by martin54 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:30 pm

StartingOver2015 wrote:Hello,

I am a non EEA national and i've been with an EEA national for almost 7 years, married for almost 4. We separated three months ago, and unfortunately the hopes of working through and finding a resolution ...well..sadly that ship has sailed without us board. We lived together all through until the recent separation. We have not started the divorce proceedings yet. When we do get there and the divorce is granted, do i apply for the ROR and then as i clock 5 years or residence in the UK mid next year, apply for PR???? Or whats the best way forward? ...sigh....:-(

Thank you.
StartingOver2015
I would advice you to have a good time with your partner and maintain the little time that remain to complete 5years so you can gain PR automatically and if your partner she is BC, then you can able to apply for BC instead of PR or ROR. However, if she is not British citizen then you can apply for PR if she will support you with her documents.
Goodluck