ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help Needed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AceTravis
Newly Registered

Urgent Help Needed

Post by AceTravis » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:53 pm

I finally made the move to the UK and traveled into Stansted with my wife who is exercising her treaty rights in London. We weren't able to obtain an EEA FP in time(troubles with marriage cert and finally received it days before our flight) so we figured we would get the EEA Dependent Stamp at the border. We had all of the documentation we thought we would need: passports, marriage certificate, pay slips, etc. At passport control, we told the officer I would be applying for the RC immediately and would be traveling to Italy in a month for her father's birthday. The officer told me to put that I would be staying for 1 month on the landing card and then took our certificate and passports and talked to his supervisor. When he came back he said he was unable to give the stamp because I had spent so much time in the UK over the last year without applying for residence.

The thing is, the last year I've been traveling all over Europe including the UK, I wasn't married to my wife at the time, and I never overstayed my tourist visa. I never used public funds or the NHS and I never worked while traveling in the UK. My wife and I were married in June. He then stamped my passport with this: Leave to enter for/until: September 18th, 2015. That is the day we are leaving to visit her father in Italy. So now I don't have the EEA Dependent stamp and I'm scared that re-entering the UK will be difficult with this September 18th Leave to Remain stamp in my passport. Also will that stamp look bad when applying for my RC?

Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciate. I'm freaking out a bit.

AceTravis
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent Help Needed

Post by AceTravis » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:58 pm

Any suggestions?

fasi2530

Post by fasi2530 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:19 pm

Hi

Can you please tell me which port you use to come in UK using EEA Dependent Stamp on arrival your passport. I want to use stamp to enter in UK and use my treaty rights with my EU/EEA national wife. please give me suggestions.

many thanks in advance
Faisal

boloney

Post by boloney » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:13 pm

fasi2530 wrote:Hi

Can you please tell me which port you use to come in UK using EEA Dependent Stamp on arrival your passport. I want to use stamp to enter in UK and use my treaty rights with my EU/EEA national wife. please give me suggestions.

many thanks in advance
seems like he landed at Stansted.

AceTravis
Newly Registered

Post by AceTravis » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:10 am

Any advice? Really worried here.

Dirk

Post by Dirk » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:26 am

Apply for the RC now and use the COA to come back from Italy.

AceTravis
Newly Registered

Post by AceTravis » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:46 am

Dirk wrote:Apply for the RC now and use the COA to come back from Italy.
If I apply now and receive my CoA will I be able to get my passport back in time? Will the September 18 stamp look bad on my RC application?