ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Amendments on Five Years Old Returns anyone did?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raju4u

Tax Amendments on Five Years Old Returns anyone did?

Post by raju4u » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:45 am

Hi There, Just a quick question is it possible to Amend five years old Tax Returns? What are the chances and could someone successfuly Amend if the money is owed to HMRC? Please reply thanks.

raju4u

Re: Tax Amendments on Five Years Old Returns anyone did?

Post by raju4u » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:00 pm

Is it possible to tell in the forum please? So others can get help as well. thanks

muraxza
BANNED

Post by muraxza » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:01 pm

HI

I HAVE DONE MINE BELONGS TO 2010/11, HAVE SENT THEM IN JULY BUT STILL DIDNT HEAR ANYTHING FROM THEM YET, I KNOW SOME ONE WHO HAD SENT IN JUNE AND HE GOT A CONFIRMATION FROM HMRC THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED HIS DOCUMENT
I ALSO KNOW SOME ONE WHO HAD DONE THIS IN LAST YEAR AND GOT UPDATED BUT HE HAD DONE THIS IN WITHIN 4 YEARS, WE ARE IN 5TH YEARS SO DONT KNOW WHATS GONA HAPPEN TO BE HONEST.
Blocked Username

raju4u

Post by raju4u » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:39 am

Blocked Username wrote:HI

I HAVE DONE MINE BELONGS TO 2010/11, HAVE SENT THEM IN JULY BUT STILL DIDNT HEAR ANYTHING FROM THEM YET, I KNOW SOME ONE WHO HAD SENT IN JUNE AND HE GOT A CONFIRMATION FROM HMRC THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED HIS DOCUMENT
I ALSO KNOW SOME ONE WHO HAD DONE THIS IN LAST YEAR AND GOT UPDATED BUT HE HAD DONE THIS IN WITHIN 4 YEARS, WE ARE IN 5TH YEARS SO DONT KNOW WHATS GONA HAPPEN TO BE HONEST.
I think someone in this forum must have had such experience, What does your accountant say btw?

akan
BANNED

Post by akan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:40 am

Amendment to any tax return is possible ... in cover letter you or your accountant should explain why they doing it so late. If HMRC is not satisfied with the justification they may not do the amendment and sometimes they open an investigation into the matter if the amount is huge.

muraxza
BANNED

Post by muraxza » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:51 am

akan wrote:Amendment to any tax return is possible ... in cover letter you or your accountant should explain why they doing it so late. If HMRC is not satisfied with the justification they may not do the amendment and sometimes they open an investigation into the matter if the amount is huge.
yes you are right, but chances are very unlikely if you are paying them, the investigation usually they do when you claiming from them, logic says in this regard they may give you a penalties and charge you interest.
Blocked Username

akan
BANNED

Post by akan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:36 am

I know someone done for last 10 years ... So I know its possible and I know the permutations behind it.

raju4u

Post by raju4u » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:53 pm

that is very helpful information though, probably much encouraging. thanks for the input, Anymore input is appreciated.

DCee
BANNED

Post by DCee » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:20 pm

I suppose you could just send the changes in, wait a short time then apply. HMRC would have a record you are dealing with them, even if they have not processed.

raju4u

Post by raju4u » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:45 pm

DCee wrote:I suppose you could just send the changes in, wait a short time then apply. HMRC would have a record you are dealing with them, even if they have not processed.
Could you explain more please? didnt get you.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:39 pm

DCee wrote:I suppose you could just send the changes in, wait a short time then apply. HMRC would have a record you are dealing with them, even if they have not processed.
The problem is UKV&I is not interested in knowing whether the applicant is dealing with HMRC or not, the only thing they are interested in is knowing for sure (verifying) whether the applicant's tax matters are in perfect order.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bay123
Newly Registered

Post by bay123 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:17 am

akan wrote:I know someone done for last 10 years ... So I know its possible and I know the permutations behind it.

Hi Akan,

How will I get 5yrs ago tax return amended. Pls what is the permutation. You can message me.

parwaz
Newly Registered

Post by parwaz » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:03 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
The problem is UKV&I is not interested in knowing whether the applicant is dealing with HMRC or not, the only thing they are interested in is knowing for sure (verifying) whether the applicant's tax matters are in perfect order.
If HMRC refuses to amend tax returns for older than 4 years (even if the money is owed to HMRC) then unfortunately many people will be affected. As per the posts on the forum here, nothing is clear :(

muraxza
BANNED

Post by muraxza » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:23 pm

Parwaz

Don't worry mate they will do it my got done last month I sent in July which nearly took 5 months
Tqx return was 10/11
Blocked Username

bluecandi
BANNED

Post by bluecandi » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:37 pm

parwaz wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:
If HMRC refuses to amend tax returns for older than 4 years (even if the money is owed to HMRC) then unfortunately many people will be affected. As per the posts on the forum here, nothing is clear :(

In my extensive study of history i cant find any event where anyone refuse to take money and specially governments. They need your money more than anyone else in this world :lol:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:04 pm

It may be wise to read through the information in the following link:
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/salfmanual/SALF408.htm
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:15 pm

Blocked Username wrote:Parwaz

Don't worry mate they will do it my got done last month I sent in July which nearly took 5 months
Tqx return was 10/11
Hello Blocked Username,
did you manage to update your SA302 as well?

Thanks

bluecandi
BANNED

Post by bluecandi » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:36 pm

SA302 will not update. However that doesnt matter because you will get your updated calculations from HMRC and they are good enough to show to anyone.

HMRC will give 30 days to pay the amount owe or there will be interest piling up after that.

To be honest some caseworkers wont even check records of previous application.

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:57 pm

bluecandi wrote:SA302 will not update. However that doesnt matter because you will get your updated calculations from HMRC and they are good enough to show to anyone.

HMRC will give 30 days to pay the amount owe or there will be interest piling up after that.

To be honest some caseworkers wont even check records of previous application.
Thanks Bluecandi,
Do you know any thing about new HMRC guideline and how these going to affect existing amendments?

Cheers