ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship application - 3 year route

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jjp2014
Newly Registered

British citizenship application - 3 year route

Post by jjp2014 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:48 am

Hi,

Can anyone help me for the following query for my wife naturalization application ?

(1) Regarding Life in the UK and knowledge of language requirement, she satisfied this requirement when applied for ILR in July 2014. Does she need to send these documents again to satisfy this requirement ?
OR
Can she just tick mark the question - that she satisfied when received ILR ?

(2) Fee payment
Can she do fee payment using her husband's credit card ? Does the payment card has to be in her name ?

(3)
What's current processing time for naturalization application?

Please advise asap.

Thanks

noajthan

Re: British citizenship application - 3 year route

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:34 am

jjp2014 wrote:Hi,

Can anyone help me for the following query for my wife naturalization application ?

(1) Regarding Life in the UK and knowledge of language requirement, she satisfied this requirement when applied for ILR in July 2014. Does she need to send these documents again to satisfy this requirement ?
OR
Can she just tick mark the question - that she satisfied when received ILR ?

(2) Fee payment
Can she do fee payment using her husband's credit card ? Does the payment card has to be in her name ?

(3)

Please advise asap.

Thanks
1) As per the AN form, proof of KOLL is required.

For English, if the proof is an ESOL qualification make sure ESOL certificate is on the Ofqual register or else on the transitional list.
If applying later in year, be aware of changes in English requirements coming in November.

2) Yes.
No.

3) See timelines thread, seems to be slow at present:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... -7600.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

jjp2014
Newly Registered

Post by jjp2014 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:14 am

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

I want to clarify Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirement, she satisfied this requirement when applied for ILR in July 2014. She had life in the UK test certificate and degree taught in English(print out of point based calculator). As she has already done this requirement, do we need to send these documents again ? As per form AN, there is one question asking " I met KOLL requirement when applied for ILR/settlement on or after 28th October 2013 " if we tick mark this yes, would we satisfy KOLL requirement and no need to send degree certi and point based calculator

thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:29 am

thanks for the reply.

I want to clarify Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirement, she satisfied this requirement when applied for ILR in July 2014. She had life in the UK test certificate and degree taught in English(print out of point based calculator). As she has already done this requirement, do we need to send these documents again ? As per form AN, there is one question asking " I met KOLL requirement when applied for ILR/settlement on or after 28th October 2013 " if we tick mark this yes, would we satisfy KOLL requirement and no need to send degree certi and point based calculator

thanks
The question is one thing, the evidence is another.
Page 30 of form AN seems clear that proof of KOLL (& everything else) is required.

It only causes unnecessary delay if HO have to follow up & ask for something later.
(My wife took ESOL route & submitted a relevant certificate every time during her immigration journey)

jjp2014
Newly Registered

Post by jjp2014 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:46 pm

Hi,

I have gone through Guide AN and Booklet AN. It clearly states - " If you have already satisfied the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK, on or after 28 October 2013, you do not have to demonstrate it again."

My wife got ILR in July 2014 (after above date) so will not need KOLL documents again as she will be exempted.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:47 pm

OR
Can she just tick mark the question - that she satisfied when received ILR

She can use same document a she did in July for knowledge of language.

(2) Fee payment

Yes, I used my credit card to pay for my husbands naturalisation application.

(3)

It's really slow atm so current rate suggests 16-24 weeks

Please advise asap.

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:35 pm

I have gone through Guide AN and Booklet AN. It clearly states - " If you have already satisfied the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK, on or after 28 October 2013, you do not have to demonstrate it again."

My wife got ILR in July 2014 (after above date) so will not need KOLL documents again as she will be exempted.
"Demonstrate" as in 'take another test' or "demonstrate" as in 'provide evidence'.

With HO you never can tell and these generic 'one-size fits all'-forms are poorly designed often with/contradictory poor guidance.

See http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 88863.html
- your mileage may vary.

Personally I'd provide more than enough evidence every step of the way simply to reduce/remove HO wriggle room & to eliminate possible questions/delays.

Cleo22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cleo22 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:15 am

Another question about the same text:
If you have already satisfied the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK, on or after 28 October 2013, you do not have to demonstrate it again.
If a person has passed the test Life in the UK in 2008 prior to obtaining ILR, does the person need to pass the test once again now or do they need to only demonstrate sufficient knowledge of English, passing an English language test only?

jjp2014
Newly Registered

Post by jjp2014 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:23 am

Hi,

Can anyone suggest if there is any delay at home office for the naturalization application acknowledgement/processing payment ?

We sent application on 17th August (received by home office on 18th August) by post- special delivery
with all original documents. There is no money gone from credit card or no acknowledgement to us yet.

I have gone through August 2015 timeline thread on this website and people have received acknowledgement for the same date or after application.

thanks,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:02 pm

From what is posted on the forum, there have been a few cases where people waited for 4-6 weeks for any/all this (money taken out, acknowledgement, biometrics letter) to go through.

The most recent one I noticed - applied in end-June, acknowledgement in mid-August!!

I know it is frustrating, but nothing you can do but wait .. patiently.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:37 pm

Cleo22 wrote:Another question about the same text:

If a person has passed the test Life in the UK in 2008 prior to obtaining ILR, does the person need to pass the test once again now or do they need to only demonstrate sufficient knowledge of English, passing an English language test only?
LITUK test certificate does not expire.

A proof of English that is valid at time of application is what is required.
Note these goalposts are frequently changing.

So (as well as making sense of the Gov UK website) an applicant may have to take an up-to-date English test to prove their English proficiency;
(that is, unless from a majority English-speaking country or submitting a degree studied in English as evidence or unless exempt due to age/medical condition, (etc).