ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls help me with latest list of documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gomcy
Newly Registered
India

Pls help me with latest list of documents

Post by gomcy » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:47 am

Hello,

My husband is having ILR and we (wife & daughter) are currently on ICT dependant Visa. Now we wish to apply for ILR. Can anyone please let me know what documents are required for my husband and for me?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Pls help me with latest list of documents

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:03 am

On what basis did your husband get his ILR? 5 years on Tier 2 ICT or 10 years long residence?

How long have you and your daughter been in the UK and what is your full and detailed immigration history?

According to previous posts in 2013 from this username, your husband was applying for Tier 1 Entrepreneur??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gomcy
Newly Registered
India

Post by gomcy » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:15 am

he got ilr this April only on a 5 year continuous residency on Tier 2 ICT . We are also living with him in uk since 5 years but I when he applied I wasn't well to prepare for the lifeinuk test thats why we didn't apply together but we wish to apply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:17 am

Have you done English B1 test from an approved test provider? Or how will you meet the English requirement?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gomcy
Newly Registered
India

Post by gomcy » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:21 am

yes i have a Masters degree from a indian university & it is included in the NARIC list. Also passed my lifeintheuk test.

gomcy
Newly Registered
India

Post by gomcy » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:46 pm

What documents are required from my Husband. Does he need to write a sponsorship letter aswell? if yes, pls can anybody share the letter format.

Also, how many different cohabitation proofs are required? We have 1 utility bill in joint name. Will that be sufficient or need to add more supporting documents. if ye show many?

thanks for your help

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:50 pm

You need a minimum of 6 documents in joint names from at least 3 different categories, spread as evenly as possible over the 2 year period. If you don't have documents in joint names then you must submit 12 in single names.
You don't need a sponsor letter from your husband.
It's slightly concerning that you don't appear to have read through the application form yet to check the official requirements. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gomcy
Newly Registered
India

SET(o) application form - Question First date of arrival

Post by gomcy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:33 pm

Hi,

I am applying for ILR. my husband got his ilr under on 5 year stay on tier 2 ict visa in April 2015. I am currently on tier 2 dependant visa and wish to apply for ilr under 2 years cohabitation rule.

I have a doubt about the below questions in ILR SET(O) Application form:

Immigration history sec 6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

I first entered into UK in Aug. 2006. but as I am applying under 2 year cohabitation rule as a spouse of settled person what date Should I fill?
Note: didn't apply with my husband as I was not having life in the uk test certificate earlier.

Pls help as I have to send application this week.

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Re: SET(o) application form - Question First date of arrival

Post by rukmesh » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:50 pm

What is your current visa status ? and since when ?
If you have switched to your husband's dependent after July 2012, then you will have to wait for 5 years. If you are your husband's dependent since before July 2012, then the 2 year rule applies to you.

As far as this question of your entry goes. It is asking the first date of entry on which this application is based.
For example, I came to UK 2 times (2005,2006) and then finally came in UK in 2010 as a Tier 1 General. When I applied for my ILR, I entered 10th July 2010 because my application for ILR is based on Tier 1 General and I first entered on Tier 1 General on 10th July 2010. Hope you got my point
good luck

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:52 pm

Topics merged
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gomcy
Newly Registered
India

Post by gomcy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:13 pm

thanks a lot rukmesh. I am on same dependent visa before 2012.
still confused shall I write date as august 2013 (2 years back as my current application is based on 2 year rule)?

in the following section it ask for detailed history including all absences. so i guess i don;t have to fill that section. pls correct me.

gomcy
Newly Registered
India

Post by gomcy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:24 pm

pls help with my previous query. thanks