ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entered 90 days after leave was granted - 28 day grace ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bowcreek

Entered 90 days after leave was granted - 28 day grace ILR

Post by bowcreek » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi all - I have read similar posts discussing 90 days and 28 day rule for ILR, however I couldn't find one where applicant entered in the UK more than 90 days after leave was granted, hence the new post.

Leave Granted as Tier 2 ICT - Jan 2010
Entered UK - OCT 2010 (9 months after leave was granted )
Current leave under Tier 2 ICT (with same employer) valid till Feb 2017

Question - I understand that 90 days period doesn't apply for me so I need to count my ILR application date backwards from 17th Oct 2015 but my question is can I apply 28 days before qualifying period is completed, given I entered in the UK 90 after leave was granted?

I mean, Is 90 day rule completely independent of 28 days rule or they work in conjunction and hence people entering 90 days after leave is granted, can't use the 28 days grace period?

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Entered 90 days after leave was granted - 28 day grace I

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:41 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!