ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence During QP 3 years Married with British Citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

London_king
Newly Registered

Absence During QP 3 years Married with British Citizen

Post by London_king » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:56 pm

Dear Members,

I am very glad to join Immigrationboards.com, And I really wish all of you best of luck for your applications. I will be grateful if Some Seniors could shed more lights on my query:

1. I entered in UK on ILE in OCT 2012, on four years marriage base with British Citizen living outside UK.

2. My Naturalisation is due in OCT 2015. My Total Absence is 240 Days, 40 days in last year, But my longest absence (consecutive) is 188 days in 2013. Will it effect on my 3 years QP ?

3. I worked only 6 Months only, then I went some short courses. Currently I am unemployed, So being unemployed my application cane be refused?

4.Regarding Referee: What does Post Office Official Mean ?.. Can a Govt Employ in a Post Office working as CSA(Customer Service Adviser) be a professional referee?

Once again thanks a lot in advance..Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Absence During QP 3 years Married with British Citizen

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:27 pm

1. Did you have the 'KOLL Req' endorsement on your ILE visa? Have you done this and subsequently applied for ILR? See this post from Sushdmehta for clarification ILE (Click). Do you have LIUK and English B1 (if not from exempt English speaking country)

2. No, your single absence should not be an issue. The requirements are no more than 270 days in the whole 3 years and no more than 90 days in the final 12 months.

3. Employment is not a requirement for citizenship. The form asks for your employment history, so detail the time you did work.

4. Not 100% sure but it must be someone on the approved list Here (Click) and probably the post master. They must have known you personally for at least 3 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

London_king
Newly Registered

Post by London_king » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:01 pm

by CR001 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:27 pm

1. Did you have the 'KOLL Req' endorsement on your ILE visa? Have you done this and subsequently applied for ILR? See this post from Sushdmehta for clarification ILE (Click). Do you have LIUK and English B1 (if not from exempt English speaking country)

2. No, your single absence should not be an issue. The requirements are no more than 270 days in the whole 3 years and no more than 90 days in the final 12 months.

3. Employment is not a requirement for citizenship. The form asks for your employment history, so detail the time you did work.

4. Not 100% sure but it must be someone on the approved list Here (Click) and probably the post master. They must have known you personally for at least 3 years.

Dear CR001,

Yes it was exactly same as you explained, 'KOLL Req ' endorsement, But soon I arrived I booked & Passed the life in UK Test and subsequently applied for ILR in Nov 2012. And Now I have LIUK And English B1 as I am not from exempt English speaking country.

And Thanks a lot for your updates,Its really very helpful. I will wait if someone else can update regarding *Post Office Official*?..

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:50 pm

London_king wrote:by CR001 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:27 pm

Dear CR001,

Yes it was exactly same as you explained, 'KOLL Req ' endorsement, But soon I arrived I booked & Passed the life in UK Test and subsequently applied for ILR in Nov 2012. And Now I have LIUK And English B1 as I am not from exempt English speaking country.

And Thanks a lot for your updates,Its really very helpful. I will wait if someone else can update regarding *Post Office Official*?..

Post office official is someone who can attest your passport/official documents. Check if your friend is at that post and if s/he is, then they can be your referee.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

London_king
Newly Registered

Post by London_king » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:22 pm

Dear Fwd079,

Post office official is someone who can attest your passport/official documents. Check if your friend is at that post and if s/he is, then they can be your referee.

Thanks for your updates.

Yes My friend is authorized to attest passport/official documents, along with stamp and this is his job in Post Office since long time. But he is not sure about being a referee because he never done before. But He asked me to check and confirm that if he is accepted as a referee or not? Because he is willing to do this.

I hope He is accepted as a professional referee.......

London_king
Newly Registered

Re: Few questions about application. thanks for helping :)

Post by London_king » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:29 pm

Dear CR001

2. Life in the UK test does not expire. It is the Englsh B1 test that usually has a 2 year validity and must be from one of the approved test providers.

I have English B1 Test, Test Awarding body is Cambridge University and Test provider was British Council Dubai on March 2012. It has no expiry date, Its on HO Transitional Test list, which is valid until 5th November 2015. I called HO today they said I can use this Certificate until 5th November 2015 as I have booked my NCS Appointment on 30 OCT 2015.

So what do you think, As it is more than 3 years old?

Thanks in Advance..
Last edited by London_king on Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

London_king
Newly Registered

Re: CITY and GUILDS - adult literacy level 2 [certificate in

Post by London_king » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:12 pm

Dear Friends & Seniors

I have this test English B1 Test:

University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations
English for speakers of other languages
Cambridge ESOL Entry Level Certificate in ESOL International ( Entry 3)*
This is certify that Mr. abz Has been awarded Pass with Distinction in the
Key English Test
Performance at Pass with distinction demonstrates an ability at Entry 3* and Council of Europe Level B1.
Date of Test: March 2012
Place: British Council Dubai
This(KET)known is Key English Test is currently on Transitional list of HO, I called HO today explain to lady about this test, she asked me wait after confirming with her senior she said yes I can use this English B1 certificate Until 5th November 2015, as it is on Transitional list...

Any body else would like shed more light in this regards... as I have booked my NCS appointment on 30th Oct 2015.

Thanks in advance....

London_king
Newly Registered

Need advice for Naturalsation

Post by London_king » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:24 am

Dear Friends & Seniors

I intend to apply naturlisation soon, I got few questions I will be grateful if you could advice me:

1. I got speeding conviction on my Dubai Driving license in Dubai in 2013, whereas speed limit was 50 KMPH and I was 52KMPH, so fine appear 300 DD (around 60 GBP) which I paid in next day. It has no link to my UK Driving license, as I have Residence permit of Dubai. Do I need to declare it, If yes so where exactly I should insert this Conviction?

2. Second how to account the absence days? If someone depart on-15/03/2014 and Arrive on 24/03/2014, so how many days absence will be account? 9,or 8?

Thanks a lot in advance.............

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need advice for Naturalsation

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:47 am

1. Not sure, someone who knows will answer.

2. You only count WHOLE days out of the UK, so don't include day of departure from UK or day of arrival back to UK as absence days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

London_king
Newly Registered

Re: Need advice for Naturalsation

Post by London_king » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:52 pm

Dear CR001

1. Not sure, someone who knows will answer.

2. You only count WHOLE days out of the UK, so don't include day of departure from UK or day of arrival back to UK as absence days.

Thanks a lot for your answer,,, lets see if someone can shed more light on this.....