ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chalkycheese
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Chalkycheese » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:28 pm

bvc1989 wrote:Hello everyone!

Has anyone requested passports/documents back recently?
I was wondering how long they are taking to send documents back (if more or less than the promised 10 working days)

Thanks!
Hey bvc, i know that someone else said they got theirs back in 5 days, but I just thought I'd chime in with my experience with passports. I requested them 3/08, and still nothing. I sent a query today (18/08) so hopefully they'll get back to me to me soon. But it's been well over the ten days. Don't know why it's so slow.

bvc1989
Newly Registered

Post by bvc1989 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:50 am

Nina Roche wrote:

I was wondering how long they are taking to send documents back (if more or less than the promised 10 working days)

Thanks!
I did it in my first app on July. It took a week or so. Apply through online form, they respond quickly.
Thank you Nina!
I've requested them yesterday via online form. I hope they send mine as quickly as they sent yours... :wink:

bvc1989
Newly Registered

Post by bvc1989 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:54 am

Chalkycheese wrote:

Thanks!
Hey bvc, i know that someone else said they got theirs back in 5 days, but I just thought I'd chime in with my experience with passports. I requested them 3/08, and still nothing. I sent a query today (18/08) so hopefully they'll get back to me to me soon. But it's been well over the ten days. Don't know why it's so slow.
Hi Chalkycheese,
Thank you for sharing your situation. I am sorry to hear that.
Have you requested them using the online form? Have you provided you Case ID?

I've requested my passports back yesterday using the online form. My signature below is updated to reflect that. I really hope to receive them soon.

Good luck to us!!

And CONGRATS to all you guys who received your RC these past weeks!!!! :D :D :D

Czdude
Newly Registered

Post by Czdude » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:08 pm

I will add myself to the March list:
Applied: 17/03
COA: 24/03
RC received:8/08, letter dated 31/07.
EEA1 and EEA2 came together. Seems that five months is the new "immediately" for the EEA1 :P

sarahpajer
Newly Registered

Post by sarahpajer » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:04 pm

hi guys,,,please any idea???i just want to ask about the payment processing because i applied last July 23,2015 and i recieved letter for biometric last july 31,2015 and i submitted last August 3,2015.My husband told that he didnt sure if payment was deducted already to his account.is it possible that biometric first before payment bacause as what i usually read payment must be made before they sent biometric letter.How do you know that it has been deducted already?did they send u some confirmation?also until now i dont recieved COA letter.

Thank you.hope i can hear you

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:16 pm

sarahpajer wrote:hi guys,,,please any idea???i just want to ask about the payment processing because i applied last July 23,2015 and i recieved letter for biometric last july 31,2015 and i submitted last August 3,2015.My husband told that he didnt sure if payment was deducted already to his account.is it possible that biometric first before payment bacause as what i usually read payment must be made before they sent biometric letter.How do you know that it has been deducted already?did they send u some confirmation?also until now i dont recieved COA letter.

i don't think they send u any confirmation that payment taken. You could observe from bank account.
I guess we r in the same boat.
I send (second time) joint application (EEA FM& EEA QP) on 1 Aug. Only one payment withdrawn until today. We don't know it is for which application as payment details for both are exactly the same. I also received biometric letter, enrolled and wait for CoA.
I have called 0300 123 2253 and now waiting for someone in HO to check what's going on.... I don't know whether it's going to work or not.
You can try to call this number too.

catj
Newly Registered

Post by catj » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:21 pm

sarahpajer wrote:hi guys,,,please any idea???i just want to ask about the payment processing because i applied last July 23,2015 and i recieved letter for biometric last july 31,2015 and i submitted last August 3,2015.My husband told that he didnt sure if payment was deducted already to his account.is it possible that biometric first before payment bacause as what i usually read payment must be made before they sent biometric letter.How do you know that it has been deducted already?did they send u some confirmation?also until now i dont recieved COA letter.

You can check your bank statement. It should have statement of the applicable amount for you (e.g. £65.00 for one applicant). It should be exactly £65.00. Also, the description should state something like "EURO...". (i don't remember what it was exactly).

sarahpajer
Newly Registered

Post by sarahpajer » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:30 pm

catj wrote:

You can check your bank statement. It should have statement of the applicable amount for you (e.g. £65.00 for one applicant). It should be exactly £65.00. Also, the description should state something like "EURO...". (i don't remember what it was exactly).

ok thank you so much,,,the best way maybe is check the bank statement...huh im getting little bit crazy here :)

sarahpajer
Newly Registered

Post by sarahpajer » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:34 pm

Nina Roche wrote:

i don't think they send u any confirmation that payment taken. You could observe from bank account.
I guess we r in the same boat.
I send (second time) joint application (EEA FM& EEA QP) on 1 Aug. Only one payment withdrawn until today. We don't know it is for which application as payment details for both are exactly the same. I also received biometric letter, enrolled and wait for CoA.
I have called 0300 123 2253 and now waiting for someone in HO to check what's going on.... I don't know whether it's going to work or not.
You can try to call this number too.
ok thank you so much..i hope they deducted already,,,,ill try to call to this number too.thank you so much

billy.s1

Post by billy.s1 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:02 pm

hi Guys.

Is there anyone who applied in june???
App Sent: 01/06/15
Bio Sub: 16/06/15
COA: 26/06/15
RC: 18/11/15

Nefertari
Newly Registered

Post by Nefertari » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:16 pm

Czdude wrote:I will add myself to the March list:
Applied: 17/03
COA: 24/03
RC received:8/08, letter dated 31/07.
EEA1 and EEA2 came together. Seems that five months is the new "immediately" for the EEA1 :P

Sorry maybe I missed earlier messages but what does it mean EEA1 and EEA2 came together ? How ia the RC is a A4 papper or something different ?

Thanks

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:39 pm

EEA FP - entry clearance valid for 6 months

EEA QP - for EEA nationals form ( used to be EEA1)

EEA FM & EFM - for non-EEA nationals form ( used to be EEA2)

This means that the Residence Certificate for the EEA Citizen and Residence Card for the non-EEA was issued. Applicants submitted these forms before April 6 will either receive RC as a vignette on their passports or if they've borrowed their passports back, the RC will be placed on an A4 paper.

Nefertari
Newly Registered

Post by Nefertari » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:50 pm

aurora77 wrote:EEA FP - entry clearance valid for 6 months

EEA QP - for EEA nationals form ( used to be EEA1)

EEA FM & EFM - for non-EEA nationals form ( used to be EEA2)

This means that the Residence Certificate for the EEA Citizen and Residence Card for the non-EEA was issued. Applicants submitted these forms before April 6 will either receive RC as a vignette on their passports or if they've borrowed their passports back, the RC will be placed on an A4 paper.
I have a question when the RC placed on A4 paper (when passport borrowed back), how can it be used with passport for travel. For example, in some countries(for example Turkey) they do not accept any written paper as a
visa so may it be a problem at border showing passport and RC seperatelly ?

Is there anyone else travel and use A4 RC on passport control ? Could you please share you idea about it ?

Edsteruk
Newly Registered

Post by Edsteruk » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:30 pm

Hi Guys,

Quick question that im hoping you can help with.

Im an EEA national, my wife is not. we submitted our application back at the start of June and had COA come through but no Residence card. I travel for work so requested my passport back and am requesting my wifes back as well because we have a trip to USA in October and i need for her to apply for a visa.

as im filling in the return request form for my wifes passport i noticed they say this on the form...

"if I am the main applicant or another applicant and I am subject to immigration control (i.e. not settled or an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national) and I have requested my travel document for identity purposes I understand that if I use those documents to travel outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man my application may be refused, voided or withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded. I may also be unable to re-enter the UK;"

this scared me a little as it was mentioned in a previous post that we should be ok to come back into the UK as long as we have the COA, marriage cert and we are travelling together and have our passports but this seems to make me believe she wont be able to travel if she requests documents back...has anyone that has requested passports back travelled out of the UK and returned with no/little issues?

Thanks

vanus
Newly Registered

Post by vanus » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:14 pm

Hi all,

I suddenly checked online about EEA RC processing time and found this useful group. My situation is
Applied 23/07/15
received and enrolled Bio 04/08/15
I am waiting for COA, hopefully soon.

aloo

Post by aloo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:34 am

Please Guys need advice ..

My application is in process but my wife(eea) changed the employer how i can send new letter to home office ?? Please ...

aloo

Post by aloo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:36 am

My timeline is
Sent app 8 of May
Bio 26 of may
Coa about 29 of may
RC waitin ..

gdevkota

Post by gdevkota » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:11 am

Simply u carry ur passport and rc together..then u dont need to worry abt. ... any way congratulations for ur RC man.( NEFARTARI)

darksin
Newly Registered

Post by darksin » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:53 am

i just want to let you know that they allow my wife inside UK while we wait for the visa but they kept her passport in the airport for further checks ( she went to US for a month while waiting for EEA 2 )
she had a marriage certificate and the COA.

Any news if April is been process ?

Lo628
Newly Registered

Post by Lo628 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:08 am

Thanks for the info. I was still thinking the 4 months was standard, but didn't realise that the plastic RCs were taking longer. I'll now expect end of September too.

Fingers crossed for us all!

Hi
I am april applicant aswell, i think it will take more than a few weeks. I personally expect it at the end of september.
If you read forum, they still processing march applicants, more than half havent got their RC yet. Plus We ll get plastic RC so our timeline will be more than 5 months[/quote]

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:02 am

Any news from MArch applicants???
I hope you guys will be cleared by the end of mouth and April can start at least.

Somehow all goes so slow.

Nefertari
Newly Registered

Post by Nefertari » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:50 am

bilirserdar wrote:Any news from MArch applicants???
I hope you guys will be cleared by the end of mouth and April can start at least.

Somehow all goes so slow.
Still nothing from my side:@ today i am going to call HO

Nefertari
Newly Registered

Post by Nefertari » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:54 am

March Folks,

Is there any update on below ?

MARCH

Pending:

. Ioana27 - COA 11.03
. Nefertari - COA 20.03
. Hsahyonni - COA 21.03
. Imran1984 - COA 27.03
. Raf7 - COA 28.03
. Ukstorm1 - COA 29.03

Received (COA - RC date)

rc 0222015 3/3/2015 - 7/7/2015
iyk13 5/3/2015 - 24/7/2015
mcss 12/3/2015 - 16/7/2015
Toraqa 20/3/2015 - 28/7/2015
Mileman 31/3/2015 - 6/8/2015
Aleksandrija 30/3/2015 - 10/8/2015
Vicky 23/03/2015 - 07/08/2015
Gdevkota 31.03.15 - 18.08.15

Other decisions:

. Blinxy - COA 25.03 - 13.08

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:58 am

Good to know that there are fewer rejections now for members here.

I recently had a marriage interview when I gave notice to marry with my 18 months partner.
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:30 pm

darksin wrote:i just want to let you know that they allow my wife inside UK while we wait for the visa but they kept her passport in the airport for further checks ( she went to US for a month while waiting for EEA 2 )
she had a marriage certificate and the COA.

Any news if April is been process ?
What? They kept her passport in the airport? How come?
When I traveled from Paris to UK, I only have marriage certificate, I don't have COA. We explained and they gave me a EEA dependent stamp and we were free to go.