ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i get a visa in uk , if i have a my uncle

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nithin01
Newly Registered

Can i get a visa in uk , if i have a my uncle

Post by nithin01 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:33 am

Hi,
Everyone

Can i get a visa in uk , if i have a my uncle(my fathers younger brother) settled in uk and willing to sponsor me .

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Can i get a visa in uk , if i have a my uncle

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:08 am

nithin01 wrote:Hi,
Everyone

Can i get a visa in uk , if i have a my uncle(my fathers younger brother) settled in uk and willing to sponsor me .

Thanks
No, sorry.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:11 am

What kind of visa are you talking of?

A visit visa or a work visa?

If your uncle owns a registered company, he could look at the possibility of getting a Tier 2 sponsorship certificate. Typically, before getting that, he has to prove that a British or EU citizen can not do the job before applying for a certificate from outside the EU.

If you just want a visit visa, apply on your own steam with letters and documents from your uncle stating that he is financing your accommodation/food/flights, etc.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:03 pm

If your uncle is EU national and doing full time job here in UK then you can apply as Extended family member EEA family permit.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:08 pm

Babajee85 wrote:If your uncle is EU national and doing full time job here in UK then you can apply as Extended family member EEA family permit.
In previous posts the OP says his father is from India...so I suspect the same nationality for the uncle.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:28 pm

Babajee85 wrote:If your uncle is EU national and doing full time job here in UK then you can apply as Extended family member EEA family permit.
Only if dependant.

nithin01
Newly Registered

Post by nithin01 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:52 am

Yes , my uncle is a British citizen .

nithin01
Newly Registered

Post by nithin01 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:03 am

Yes , i want to live and work in uk .
after applying for certificate of entitlement stating that my grandfather was a registered citizen of uk and my uncle is going to sponsor me , i got refusal notice and tell us to make a appeal .

my details:
me - nationality - indian , 22 years old , born in indian
my father - nationality - indian , 59 years old ,born in singapore
my grandfather - nationality - uk , was born in india , -
my uncle (fathers younger brother)- nationality - uk , ,was born in india ,

is there any way to work and live there ?
at least by sponsoring me via my uncle .

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:39 am

Cannot see any applicable provisions except perhaps as an adult dependent relative. However, that category is practically almost impossible to satisfy.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nithin01
Newly Registered

Post by nithin01 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:44 am

Thanks

with my father as a Singaporean born child and my late grandfather as a British citizenship who acquired his citizenship only after my father birth .and my fathers younger brother who was settled in uk for about 15-20 years . is there any probabilities of getting me or my father there for a work / live visa .

and i have one doubt also , my father was born in Singapore at 1955 . where Singapore is a British colony . so he was by birth at a British colony , ?
is it useful any circumstances ?

Thanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:52 pm

From your information, there does not seem to be any chance of you getting a visa based on your British citizen uncle.

The only possible chance that you may have is based on your grandfather's CUKC citizenship.

So, to advise you further on that, we will need more information about your grandfather.

a) Were your grandfather and grandmother married? If they were, when and is there a marriage certificate?
b) When and how did your grandfather get British citizenship?
c) When was your father born? Has your father ever lived in the UK? If so, when and for how long?

At a guess, your father was probably a CUKC at birth. But in 1981, British citizenship law was rewritten to remove the right of abode from anybody who did not have a connection with the UK. So, you may have the right to a British Overseas passport.

But I would not suggest going down that route. That does not give you the right to live or work in the UK. In fact, applying for that may cause more issues than it resolves. You will lose the right to live in any country in the world, including India and the UK.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:50 am

nithin01 wrote: my grandfather - nationality - uk , was born in india ,
I think that 186(iii) may also fail.

Where
186 wrote:(iii) is able to provide proof that one of his grandparents was born in the United Kingdom and Islands and that any such grandparent is the applicant's blood grandparent or grandparent by reason of an adoption recognised by the laws of the United Kingdom relating to adoption; and
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

nithin01
Newly Registered

Post by nithin01 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:25 am

a) Yes my grandparents married Chruch of lourdes , Singapore , at 9th October 1954 , yes i have marriage certificates also
b) My grandfather accepted British nationality on 10-8-1967 per section & act 6(1) (B) BNA 1948 .
c) My father was born in Singapore ( 5th December 1955 ) , No he has never been in uk .

nithin01
Newly Registered

Post by nithin01 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:25 am

secret.simon wrote:From your information, there does not seem to be any chance of you getting a visa based on your British citizen uncle.

The only possible chance that you may have is based on your grandfather's CUKC citizenship.

So, to advise you further on that, we will need more information about your grandfather.

a) Were your grandfather and grandmother married? If they were, when and is there a marriage certificate?
b) When and how did your grandfather get British citizenship?
c) When was your father born? Has your father ever lived in the UK? If so, when and for how long?

At a guess, your father was probably a CUKC at birth. But in 1981, British citizenship law was rewritten to remove the right of abode from anybody who did not have a connection with the UK. So, you may have the right to a British Overseas passport.

But I would not suggest going down that route. That does not give you the right to live or work in the UK. In fact, applying for that may cause more issues than it resolves. You will lose the right to live in any country in the world, including India and the UK.

a) Yes my grandparents married Chruch of lourdes , Singapore , at 9th October 1954 , yes i have marriage certificates also
b) My grandfather accepted British nationality on 10-8-1967 per section & act 6(1) (B) BNA 1948 .
c) My father was born in Singapore ( 5th December 1955 ) , No he has never been in uk .

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:03 pm

Did you father become a Malaysian Citizen when Singapore become part of Malaysia?

nithin01
Newly Registered

Post by nithin01 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:33 pm

Don,t know actually , is it important ? he was there in Singapore only for 4-5 years after birth .

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:17 pm

nithin01 wrote:Don,t know actually , is it important ? he was there in Singapore only for 4-5 years after birth .
I think it is, Those that took Malaysian Citizenship lost their CUKC citizenship at that point.

Is your father now an Indian Citizen?

nithin01
Newly Registered

Post by nithin01 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:36 pm

Yes ..

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:40 pm

nithin01 wrote:Yes ..
Then he must have lost any other citizenship on becoming an Indian Citizen since India doesn't allow dual citizenship.

nithin01
Newly Registered

Post by nithin01 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:25 pm

ok , so that i can,t state him as CUKC when i apply for certificate of entitlement ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:31 am

nithin01 wrote:b) My grandfather accepted British nationality on 10-8-1967 per section & act 6(1) (B) BNA 1948 .
Was your grandfather working in the British crown service when your father was born?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:15 am

nithin01 wrote: b) My grandfather accepted British nationality on 10-8-1967 per section & act 6(1) (B) BNA 1948 .
As your father was not born after your grandfather got citizenship, he likely never got CUKC citizenship. Children inherit the citizenship that their parents had when they were born. As your grandfather was not a British citizen at the time your father was born, your father was never a CUKC.

The only way your father would have got British citizenship is if your grandfather registered him separately when he was registered himself.

What was your grandfather's citizenship before he became a British citizen?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:31 am

There may be a possible exception (20.2.6) if grandfather was working in the Crown service at the time of father's birth.

nithin01
Newly Registered

Post by nithin01 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:12 pm

vinny wrote:
nithin01 wrote:b) My grandfather accepted British nationality on 10-8-1967 per section & act 6(1) (B) BNA 1948 .
Was your grandfather working in the British crown service when your father was born?
my grandfather was working under britannic majesty's ministry of defense when my father was born .

nithin01
Newly Registered

Post by nithin01 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:13 pm

secret.simon wrote:
nithin01 wrote: b) My grandfather accepted British nationality on 10-8-1967 per section & act 6(1) (B) BNA 1948 .
As your father was not born after your grandfather got citizenship, he likely never got CUKC citizenship. Children inherit the citizenship that their parents had when they were born. As your grandfather was not a British citizen at the time your father was born, your father was never a CUKC.

The only way your father would have got British citizenship is if your grandfather registered him separately when he was registered himself.

What was your grandfather's citizenship before he became a British citizen?
he was working under britannic majesty's ministry of defense in Singapore , but when we request nationality from singapore office they replied that my grandfather get british nationality on 1967 . maybe his old nationality paper was lost .