ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Iman230

Naturalisation

Post by Iman230 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:29 pm

My Spouse applied for her Naturalisation on the 7th August 2015, and the payment is now pending on our credit card dated 19th August 2015, however the amount pending from Nationality Direct (Liverpool) is only pending to the value of £1,005, which is the amount of the Naturalisation Application Fee. However when the form to provide payment details was completed the amount of £1,085 was written to cover the Ceremony too.

1. Will UKBA take the fee for the Ceremony after the Naturalisation has been completed
2. Does the amount of the Application mean that their is a possibility the application has been declined or does it just mean (whatever I covered in point 1)

I have completed the AUGUST Naturalisation Timeline, however can't edit with the new information so I am unable to chech how long its likely to take. (Providing under the assumption that UKBA taking the fee means that the application is likely to be accepted.)

noajthan

Re: Naturalisation Fees

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:46 pm

Iman230 wrote:My Spouse applied for her Naturalisation on the 7th August 2015, and the payment is now pending on our credit card dated 19th August 2015, however the amount pending from Nationality Direct (Liverpool) is only pending to the value of £1,005, which is the amount of the Naturalisation Application Fee. However when the form to provide payment details was completed the amount of £1,085 was written to cover the Ceremony too.

1. Will UKBA take the fee for the Ceremony after the Naturalisation has been completed
2. Does the amount of the Application mean that their is a possibility the application has been declined or does it just mean (whatever I covered in point 1)

I have completed the AUGUST Naturalisation Timeline, however can't edit with the new information so I am unable to chech how long its likely to take. (Providing under the assumption that UKBA taking the fee means that the application is likely to be accepted.)
The current fee for an adult application (form AN) is £1005 which includes the £80 ceremony fee, as per current fees leaflet:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_21.pdf
The total amount, including the ceremony fee, is shown in the chart
1) No

2) You are fully paid @ £1005 - just wait now.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Iman230

Post by Iman230 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:28 am

Thankyou 'noajthan'

Let's hope for speedy Naturalisation and then first passport and then we can go on our Holiday's lol

Thanks for all your help

Iman230

Naturalisation Assumptions

Post by Iman230 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:54 pm

Hi,

Is it safe to assume that if the UKBA invites you to enrol your Biometrics for the naturalisation application and acknowledges the submitted application that it's well on it's way to be granted or am I just assuming something that happens as standard.

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:05 pm

Request for biometric enrollment is no indication of success of an application.
Just one of the (beginning) stages of application processing.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!