ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

getting Hungarian permanent residence

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

igores07
Newly Registered

getting Hungarian permanent residence

Post by igores07 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:17 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding Hungarian permanent residence.

Here is the story:

I'm an international student currently studying in Hungary.

I have been here since 2003 and since then I haven't left Hungary even for 1 day, my family usually come here to visit.

I have been living here legally since then, and never had a problem anywhere in Hungary I went as a foreign.

During this time I have heard it is not so easy to get permanent residence in Hungary, but recently I have heard that the regulations are becoming loose and there is a possibility to get Hungarian permanent residence and the required time is 4 years.

But I don't know about any other requirements if any, I have talked with some lawyers regarding that and they gave me positive answers about that.

By the way I am from a Non-Eu country.

So I would like to know whether it is possible to apply and become a permanent resident of Hungary based on this as a foreign student.

Thank you all, sorry for the long post

igores07
Newly Registered

Post by igores07 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:24 pm

By 4 years i meant, 4 years is required to be present in Hungary legally and continuously and not that it will take 4 years to get permanent residence. :D

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:31 pm

igores07 wrote:By 4 years i meant, 4 years is required to be present in Hungary legally and continuously and not that it will take 4 years to get permanent residence. :D
Found this on t'internet:
Citizenship
Foreigners can apply to the Ministry for Internal Affairs for Hungarian citizenship if they have spent at least eight years living and working in the country, have a clean criminal record and can provide evidence of an assured income in Hungary.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

igores07
Newly Registered

Post by igores07 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:54 pm

Thanks for your reply, I know about the 8 years but recently, I've heard it is actually 4 years. But I'm not sure about it.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:20 pm

It seems unlikely that time spent as a student will count towards the 4 year (or whatever length) requirement- most countries in the EU require you to hold some kind of permission other than student to obtain permanent residence.